• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

I want my Baby to look like Brad Pitt!

Do you think Baby Modifying is a postive thing or a Negative thing?

• Positive!

Votes: 4 13.8%
  • It could be good.

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Neatural

Votes: 3 10.3%
  • Not such a good Idea..

Votes: 5 17.2%
  • Negative!

Votes: 12 41.4%

• Total voters

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Gene modification is the latest thing for mother and fatheres in this day and age. Basically you can plan what your child looks like, WHO is looks like. Mothers and fathers have the opportunity for scientists and medical staff to scientificallty modify a babies Genes to change its appearence, behavior and other perosnal characteristics.

What do you think of it? Good or Bad?

In my opinion it is not natural, god or whoever you believe in created things to be natural not modified or edited. Babies are just another thing people are modifying to suit themselves and they are not thinking about how the Child would feel.
It is simply not natural. That is my opnion on this topic.

Last edited:

Wings Don't Cry

Maybe she's born with it
Years
Yes it's not natural, to me it's also ethnically wrong. As far as I'm concerned this goes against human rights(well actually until the baby is born it has no rights). But nonetheless it is wrong for parents to do such things.

Shiny

content creator on twitch
Years
I see both sides of this. It goes against nature, humans should not be doing such things. But then, I also see that parents want their child to be the best, to be able to do anything they want in life.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
If god didn't want us to manipulate genes, it wouldn't allow Mendel to be born, heh.

C'mon, it's not easy at all to select genes. Don't take it as a futility, many genes that are related to diseases and bad behaviour (which can be considered a disease in some particular cases) can be avoided.

And, please, leave behind the thought someday you can have a perfect kid through genetic manipulation, not to mention more than 50% of what you are is related to the way you've been raised.

Okami Chi

El Guitar Man~
Years
Are we really asking this question? Wow, just wow. This is what life has come to? Manipulating genes? What's next? Gender changes at birth?

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
This is sickening, and really shows how we've lost our connection to nature and what's meant to be. How can someone modify their baby? It's disgusting just thinking about it. If it has been toyed with and changed, you don't have the right to call it your child.

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
This is sickening, and really shows how we've lost our connection to nature and what's meant to be. How can someone modify their baby? It's disgusting just thinking about it. If it has been toyed with and changed, you don't have the right to call it your child.
Nature has been selecting the best genes since the first lives in this world. Also, life isn't easy for the ones with unfit genotype.

Timbjerr

[color=Indigo][i][b]T-o-X-i-C[/b][/i][/color]
Years
This sounds like something straight out of a sci-fi movie where the moral is "don't play God or else"

I don't see why parents would be so insecure with their genetic information that they'd try to change their unborn child in any way whatsoever. >_<

Guillermo

i own a rabbit heh
Years
Nature has been selecting the best genes since the first lives in this world. Also, life isn't easy for the ones with unfit genotype.
Life isn't easy for anyone, regardless of their genes. Modifying them to look and act like someone else won't change anything. For god knows how long, people have evolved. People have changed. Everyone is different. Everyone looks different, their personality is different and their views and opinions are different. How much longer is that going to last if this continues?

Throat

Oldschool pokemon
Years
Don't tell me you think everyone is going to look like Brad Pitt. For god's sake, I didn't say it was convenient to create children with perfect body and mind (not that I consider anyone so), but drop out the possibility of a genetic disorder doesn't sound that bad, does it?

Everyone would still look different, we aren't talking about clones, buddy.

Daeva Okami-Luca

∞Protector∞
Years
In my opinion, if you and your partner are ugly, it would be better to make the child look better. Let's face it; society worships beauty. I had an ex who was so good looking, we would get discounts in gamestop and at restaurants.

Dawson

The Rebirth Is Upon Us
Years
I'd give my baby four arms and cancer-inducing fists of doom for fighting crime when he is older. He'll also like like Sloth from The Goonies to really freak the crap out of them damn evil-doers.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
This really sounds like there will be alot of debates, arguments, disagreement and will lead down hill somewhere on this subject O_O

Years
I'm reminded of a movie called Gattaca.

What's with all this talk about nature? Who cares if it's natural or not? We already do so many things with our bodies which aren't "natural" that we couldn't live without. Modern medicine is based on the idea that we do "unnatural" things to keep us alive and healthy. Does anyone here think organ transplants are bad?

No, the real problem with playing with genes is this: who gets to do it and who doesn't? The whole idea stinks of eugenics.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Don't tell me you think everyone is going to look like Brad Pitt. For god's sake, I didn't say it was convenient to create children with perfect body and mind (not that I consider anyone so), but drop out the possibility of a genetic disorder doesn't sound that bad, does it?

Everyone would still look different, we aren't talking about clones, buddy.
I didn't say I want my baby to be Brad Pitt. I said I want my baby to look like Brad Pitt, pretty big difference there. Glad to here everyones view on this.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Ohio
  • Seen Jun 6, 2017
I don't really care. The real question to me is, "Why do you even want to modify a healthy baby? You shouldn't care what it looks like, you shallow idiot."

Melody

Banned
Years
I dont really oppose genetic modification to snip out genenetically inherited diseases and traits such as allergies, birth defects and traits that negatively impact health in life.

As far as selecting certain traits such as appearance...I think it should be ok. The prohibition should be on behavioral modification genes. Those should not be tampered with.

It is not wrong to correct incorrect genes, it's wrong to abuse genetic modification to inhibit free will in any way.

Back