• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen [Sawk] VS Throh

Throh or Sawk?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Black and White Weekly Poll #6: Throh vs Sawk
For this week's Weekly Poll, I bring to you the rival fighting types, Throh and Sawk.

184px-538Throh.png

Throh
- A great defensive supporter, with a decent movepool.
- Decent Attack, with greater defense than Sawk
- Guts Ability
GnoZh.png

150px-539Sawk.png
Sawk
- A great physical attacker that can sweep pretty well
- High attack, low defense
- Sturdy Ability

So which will it be for you, Sawk or Throh???

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
To be honest I hate both of these Pokemon, 2 of my all time least favourites x.x Although Sawk is the lesser of two evils due to having the Sturdy ability, it makes it a pretty lethal sweeper tbh. Although Throh does get its own signature move which is pretty cool... But yeah, I guess Sawk wins. :3

Volcarona

then live beautifully until the end
Years
I don't care for either one, but if I had to choose one, I'd pick Sawk. He has better attack and speed. I prefer a faster, aggressive playstyle. ^^

Minishcap

Fecaloma
Years
  • Seen Sep 4, 2012
Throh, because it is the only one I've used of the two. Otherwise I don' like them, but then again I usually don't like Fighting Pokémon.

SilverAbsol

Absol's Shadow
Years
Having owned neither, and my first playthrough using nothing but dark types; (Two Liepards, Zoruark, Bisharp and Krokorok. If you're wondering why Scrafty wasn't included, it's because I just don't like their appearance) I'm throwing my vote to the one I feared the most.

Throh has that annoying tendancy of not dying and throwing out Revenge and Vital Throw, which was very lethal to my team >.<

Sawk is an excellent Pokemon from what I've been beaten by, but I just prefer the defence of Throh.

johnny18

Kiss Me Like It's Do or Die
Years
I never use them before and I even forget that they exist so yeah :P
I will just pick Sawk though because of its color, Blue XD

Cordelia

Banned
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen Nov 21, 2014
Sawk is the best, thanks to Sturdy. That Pokemon is so annoying with that ability XD but it's a very worthwhile Pokemon.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
I like Sawk's design, its sweeper ability, its ability (although not when facing one, of course). I don't like it in all great detail, but in comparison to Throh, it wins this contest in with a landslide victory in my eyes.

Thrash

Feebas Führer
Years
I dislike them both, mainly because neither of them really look like Pokémon to me. But, I picked Throh because he's short like me. And us short folks gotta stick together, ya'know?

Oryx

CoquettishCat
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jan 30, 2015
Never used either but my boyfriend is obsessed with his Sawk so gonna go with that one. Also blue is cooler than red.

Years
I chose Sawk as I play Black and Sawk is more common in Black, plus he's cooler.

Even though I have both a Sawk and Throh I just like Sawk better.

I cherish my Sawk when I feel like training him, he has a Relaxed nature and Sturdy ability.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2012
Sawk

Everytime i battle a sawk i end up getting killed because of Sturdy.
Throh is not much of a threat.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
I'm going to go with Hitmontop...

I really don't care for either, but I slightly like Throh over Sawk. Stephan Sawk lost to Iris Elomga, are we serious! I am interested to see how Throh is portrayed in the anime, but as now I will go with him just for appearance purpose.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I used a Sawk in Black for most of the game and it turned out great because of its Heracross-level Attack and Speed. So I'm going with that one.

sherreamethyst

Dragonite's Momma
Years
I don't really like any of them, but I would probably choose Throh. Idk why though, just because I've only used that one before. Sawk actually looks pretty decent though since it's fast, has some good attack, and has the sturdy ability. I'm actually not quite sure which I would choose, but quite honestly, I don't really like either one of them.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I prefer Sawk to Throh.
I guess physical > defensive for me. :P

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I think Sawk is the better of the two. In looks and battling. The thing is that Sawk's movepool is better for Throh and vice versa, if only they swapped these pokemon would be very good.

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
Sawk for me I guess. I am not a total fan of these two. But Sturdy became a focus-sash in the fifth gen, so yeah. Sawk for me.

Back