• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen Starter Pokémon

Pick a starter.

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

Panfisha

BIGGLYPUFF?
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 21, 2021
Honestly, at first glance, I actually LIKE them all. A grass-type porcupine makes sense, a fire-type fennic fox makes great sense, but a water-typefrog was done (seismitoad, even if part ground.) Still, most likely will choose chespin, just because porcupines are a favorite mammal of mine.

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
Really I doubt the final evolutions will change my mind about my starter. Just like tepig being an adorable pig, I'm choosing and sticking with Froakie for being a cool frog.

Years
I like a lot Chespin i might say, Froakie too, but Fennekin doesn't catch me that much.

roosterman

Freaking annoying!
Years
to me, these pokemon look like they should be the level 2 ones that annoy the heck out of everyone but i'm interested to see there stats, maybe i could use croakie (what i'll name him) as an aqua jet-water gem counter to all these ninetails.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
Froakie is my favourite it's so cute and adfsghj <333

All the starter are pretty damn cute but Froakie is just so cute. For once I can actually say that all the starters from this generation are appealing.

Years
  • Seen Apr 2, 2023
I'm undecided between Froakie and Chespin. I guess a lot of my final decision depends on the actual evolutionary lines, but I'm leaning more towards Froakie at the moment, but Chespin is pretty damn cute. Fennekin just...does not appeal to me at all.

Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I love all of them, to be honest. When I first saw them, Fennekin was the one I gravitated to first. But after watching the video and seeing the pictures, they're all great. Even little Froakie.

I'm going to have to buy multiple copies of these games, aren't I?

Haza

☆A Life of Pokémon and Beyoncé ☆
Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Oct 1, 2021
Pokémon never gets boring to me... these starters are amazing.

Years
I kind of like them all at first glance. I wish the grass one was a little more green, but I'm sure I'll get used to it. I think they did a good job on these. With so many Pokemon already I wouldn't think they'd have an easy time making anything look new.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Froakie is the cutest damn starter I have ever seen idc what it evolves into or what typings it gets I'm getting it cuz omg. <3
ALL of them are cute, BUT FROAKIE. <3

Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2013
I'm giving some love to Chespin. I want to give it a top hat and monocle and call it Mr. Snuggles, and we would have adventures through a glorious mansion together.

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Fennekin, just barely. It's odd because this is the first time I've taken an instant liking to all three of the starters.

The only fire starter I've had as my first pick was Torchic back in Pokemon Sapphire. So I'm glad that this gens fire starter looks so nice.

Of course that will probably all change once we see the evolutions.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Fennekin all the way.
I've waited so long for them for make a fennec fox pokemon and now they have.
My excitement is just through the roof.

Leikaru

Back from the dead...
Years
Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
Definately haven't decided yet, still have 9 months to do so. I'm either going with the Frog or Fox though, because I can see the Frog evolving into a deathlord for some reason. Probably because of the ugliness thing. And the Fox, well, just reminds of Vulpix, which is a Pokemon I love. Fennekin, if I choose it, will break the Water-Pokemon streak on the first version, which is a good streak to end since I started playing in Gen III. However, second time around, I always go for Grass. Until Gen V. When I went with Fire.

Definitely not Grass though. I hate the look of the thing. Some people would call it cuteness, I call is a revolting monster.
I disagree, I think Chespin is incredibly cute.
To each his own, I guess.

Flydro

doobz
Years
Here's what I thought of the starters individually...

Chespin - looks okay I guess, could be a chipmunk with a chestnut hat or something? I don't love or hate it's design, I'm just curious to see what the rest of it's evolutions look like and what the hat thing could turn into. If the attacks it used were hints at it's final typing my guess would be Grass/Dark. Seemed like it first used Solarbeam and then Night Slash second, which is super effective against Golurk.

Fennekin - I like Fennekin a lot because I like fire types in general, but I found it to be a little repetitive of Vulpix. But it looks cool enough in it's first stage and I want to see where this fire fox design goes. Hopefully it doesn't look like any of the other fox pokemon. For the final typing I would guess Fire/Psychic, because it looked like it used Flamethrower and then Psybeam or Extrasensory.

Froakie - my favorite so far and the most interesting to me, I can't see why everyone is hating on it. I actually like it's design and it looked good in battle. Seemed like it had good speed, a trait I value. For the final typing I have two guesses: Water/Fighting and Water/Flying. I said fighting because it looked like a physical attacker when it was in battle judging by the second attack. As I thought of more possibilities, I came up with Water/Flying because of Froakie's design. It has what looks like a cape around it's neck or something that looks like a cloud. Maybe that could turn into a parachute or something? I looked it up and read about something called the Malabar Gliding Frog. It's a frog that jumps from high areas and glides to get where it needs to go, so I could see where a Flying type inspiration could come from. I couldn't figure out what the second attack was, but I thought it could possibly be Acrobatics, a flying type move. I'm hoping it does develop into a Water/Flying type, because there is already a fighting frog (Poliwrath), a poison frog (Toxicroak), and a ground frog (Seismitoad) so I think a flying frog would be cool.

Usually I go with the fire starter, but I would have to see their complete evolutions to really make a decision. Right now Froakie appeals the most to me but they all have potential. Can't wait to see their full evolutions though. I'm just hoping for some new type combos this time around, and Fennekin better not become a Fire/Fighting type somehow.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back