• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The All Colorful Hax

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
criticalhits.png
Paralysis.png

You've seen it before, no? Perhaps one time you've got a great calm mind opportunity with Reuniclus or such, until *wham* it got critical hitted on, fainting on the spot. (that's a hypothetical situation mind you). Maybe you've got fully paralyzed from a thunderbolt or suffer a burn from a Fire Blast - it all happens sometime. That's what people call 'hax' (or something around that.)

Now, my question to you all is, what is your honest opinion about "hax"? How often do you rely on hax? How often do you yourself get "hax"?

By the way, you don't have to answer in this question template; it's simply a template for your answers and such.

Last edited:
Years
what is your honest opinion about "hax"?
Awful

How often do you rely on hax?
Never

How often do you yourself get "hax"?
When Ive already won the match through skill

Not much to say on the matter, really, hax is just really lame and I dont rely on it because its just unreliable and low in general. I have bad luck so I rarely get hax I need and if I do its just making up for the mountains of hax against me.

Anti

return of the king
Years
Hax is like bad officiating in a basketball game. It's bound to happen at least a little bit (and maybe even a lot), it's part of the game, it is something of an imperfection for a competitive skill-based venture, and it can also be canceled out or made irrelevant simply by outplaying your opponent. Well, unless it's Game 2 of the 2002 Western Conference Finals ._.

I agree with Karpman a lot, one example I have is when I was playing someone and I was using SpecsMence. I assumed Heatran or Tyranitar was coming in and used Hydro Pump and the incoming Tyranitar (defensively EVed) got hit with a crit and was KOed. Now, without the crit it could have switched out and mabye healed itself later, but my stance on it was "maybe you should have switched in your *insert poke that takes HPump." So yeah, he got haxed, but "next time predict better" was my response. In other words, some hax is preventable. Don't complain if you didn't play well enough to prevent it.

I only rely on hax when I absolutely have to. I find strategies that do to be unreliable at best and arguably against the "spirit" of the game (though I don't really buy that, tbh). It's much more fulfilling to just outplay someone anyway.

Hax does kind of suck though, but whatever, you win some and you lose some.

Musica

PPPPPDPPPPP
Years
Opinion: Part of the game, can't do anything about it. It is bound to happen at some point.

How often I rely: When I use Jirachi or Togekiss to annoy.

How I get hax'ed: Just happens randomly. Sometimes it is good, mostly bad.

tj4bigred

Instant Classic
Years
I'm sure most people would say that they "get haxed" more often than they "hax" but it happens to everybody. Sure, sometimes a critical hit is inopportune, but I find it's always best to shrug it off. You win some, and you lose some, and this time you lost. Unavoidable.

What I hate is when I crit when it would've been a KO regardless and the opponent gets pissed and ragequits.

As for how often I use hax to my advantage, I can't say I use Rachi, Togekiss, or Skymin that often, so I'm not a real big Serene Grace+Flinch guy.

Thank god for the evasion clause, though.

Lila.

Banned
Years
Well to be honest with you, hax is simply part of the game. Yes, I'll admit that it can be extremely frustrating at times when an opponent that you know does not have the same caliber of skill as you do wins with luck, although it just goes that way sometimes. I think that there is a way to minimize hax though. If you're playing a game and you make sure that you think through your moves at every turn, then this is a way to minimize hax. If you do not play risky when it is unecessary, then hax is minimized. For example, say that you have a dd dragonite against your opponent's standard tentacruel with a set of scald / toxic spikes / protect / rapid spin. Something that a lot of people may do is simply let dragonite take scald thinking "oh it's only a 30% chance, I won't get burned," and your opponent's scald burns the first time around. If dragonite happens to be crippled, and you need it to win the game, then it is honestly your own fault if that happened.

The only times that I would "rely" on hax is in a situation where if I don't make a certain move, then I lose the match. For example, if I have a moxie scarf salamence as my last pkmn while my opponent has a half health choice banded terrakion, rotom-w, and hydregion, then I need to "rely" on outrage to win me the game. Another example would be if I have a rain based volcarona with little health left using the moves substitute / hurricane / bug buzz / quiver dance against my opponent's specially defensive jirachi, I would use hurricane in an attempt to get confusion hax rather than going for a critical hit with bug buzz. Although these examples are pretty situational, I think that it still proves my point. Hax is part of the game, and if you want to play this game competitively, then you need to deal with that fact and use it to your full advantage. On the subject of how much I get "haxed" I would say that I'm unlucky a fair bit of the time. Although there are sometimes where I have my fair share of luck so I can't say that I'm terribly unlucky most of the time.

Back