• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Roleplay Discussion Thread

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
I guess. I'm currently racking my brain for some sort of idea for an rp I've thought of a couple bases for idea already. Like Pokemon except that you have to graduate from an academy in Pallet Town and you pass when you catch your starter Pokemon and then start your adventure in he Pokemon world. Also for this idea post content can affect your starter you catch. Also two new teams make an appearance throughout the Pokemon world. Team Earthquake and Team Hurricane who use technology to implant Pokemon abilities into themselves while killing the Pokemon that was implanted into them. Their ultimate goal is world domination and total anarchy.

What do u think?

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
I guess. I'm currently racking my brain for some sort of idea for an rp I've thought of a couple bases for idea already. Like Pokemon except that you have to graduate from an academy in Pallet Town and you pass when you catch your starter Pokemon and then start your adventure in he Pokemon world. Also for this idea post content can affect your starter you catch. Also two new teams make an appearance throughout the Pokemon world. Team Earthquake and Team Hurricane who use technology to implant Pokemon abilities into themselves while killing the Pokemon that was implanted into them. Their ultimate goal is world domination and total anarchy.

What do u think?
I have but one question: why do the teams want world domination and total anarchy?

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I honestly think total anarchy is...quite a bit extreme imo. xD I like the concept of that idea, though. I echo Macho's question on the team's goal. :P

Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Jan 5, 2014
Sorry forgot to add that they want it because all of the members were reject from getting a Pokemon and by joining team earthquake or hurricane they can fulfill both there dream of getting a Pokemon as well as get their revenge. Though my setting is going to change a bit. Now everything is digital and poke balls are obsolete now. Instead they use a device called the pokecloud which can let the wilder transform into any Pokemon in there pokedex. So just seeing a Pokemon means you can control it. All the data is managed on a server team by the name of cloud which is taken over by team hurricane and earthquake in every region but kanto. The way they achieved this was to take over the leaders mind and the only way to free them is to beat them. Which once all the leaders in every region are themselves again cloud can function properly again.

machomuu

Stuck in Hot Girl Summer
Years
@ninjadude - This poses a few more questions.

First, why are there two teams? It seems that these teams are the product of the same misfortune, so there's really no need for there to be two teams...at least, from what I understand of the story.

Second, about the Pokecloud. Supposedly, one is to go to the academy in Pallet to venture into the world and, to graduate, one needs to capture a pokemon. However, in the second post, you state that pokeballs are obsolete and that people can actually transform into the pokemon upon seeing them. So, my question is, how does one catch that starter pokemon if the technology is obselete? Also, why does one need to go to the academy at all if they can just transform into a pokemon and head out right away.

Third, Team Hurricane and Team Earthquake, as was stated, were those who were not able to graduate from the academy and thus, as an act of revenge, banded together and now they seek world domination and total anarchy. This poses a couple of problems. For instance, even if I am to assume that every region has an academy, that there are actually enough expelled students to take down several cloud servers, which seem to be an incredibly important part of the world's culture and infrastructure and would probably be heavily guarded? Where do they get that kind of power? More on that, how is it that they manage to control the minds of the gym leaders? Finally, probably my biggest question, why do they want world domination and total anarchy? I mean, I understand that they're pissed, but the problem is that they seem to be just fine travelling the world as they are, so why do they want to cause chaos and take over just because they got expelled?

I'm not trashing the story or anything like that (and I'm actually quite interested as to where you will go with the Pokecloud idea), but I just want you to, at the very least, consider these questions as you go along with the development; this could turn into quite the roleplay.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
Good day, everyone. This is my first time posting in this thread so I would just like to say hello, and it is a pleasure to meet you all. :)

I was hoping to do a small interest check if that's alright? I have an idea for a roleplay that I might work on over the month or so in between college and such. Feel free to speak your mind. Based on the following, would you like to see something like this and/or participate in it?
Pokémon Plot - This storyline takes place in an alternate universe from all games and anime. It resides in a time slightly more primitive with a somewhat medieval feel.

Each attempt at disturbing the peace of Morca has be thwarted time and time again, and eventually crime syndicates such as Team Phantom and their successors disbanded, leaving an era of peace across the region. Yet unrest began to settle upon the people as the monarchy began to inflict stricter laws and raiding villages of those residing on the outskirts of the Dartesian Empire. Guards collect high taxes paid in coin, food, supplies, and even captured Pokémon. The injustice sparked a rebellion from the people in the outskirts called the Insurgency. Tension began to rise and battles broke out between the two opposing forces. You play on either the side of the Dartesian Empire or the Insurgency. You have been called upon to seek out an ancient tome that will summon a legendary Pokémon to help the cause. The Empire wishes to obtain Yveltal, the Pokémon of Havoc; the Insurgency looks for the aid of Xerneas, the Pokémon of Salvage. Along with these quests, various other side plots and missions will be added and a chance to change sides later on will also be available.

Because this falls in what would be called the "early days" of Pokémon (despite involving the two newest legendary) technology like Pokéballs would be a new invention and cost far more than the average pay, thus their means of catching Pokémon would entail nets, traps, and anything else one could come up with. A Pokédex would be like a written manual with pictures rather than an electronic device. They too cost a little bit of coin based on the inflation of prices in the region. If someone does not own it they rely on either what they have heard or their instincts, or guesses. Though knowledge about the general Pokémon that roam the region is easy to come by and often known to an extent.

It will definitely be fleshed out more of course and any holes will be filled. I would love feedback and thoughts on complications, if any. I would appreciate any questions, comments, and whatnot. Thank you for your time!

Last edited:

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@Sovereign.-

I like your signature c: and your avatar.

Your plot sounds very interesting to me ^^ i would probably join if this would be made into a Roleplay :) I'm GMing a RP and i'm already in two RP's though, so i'm not sure if i would have the time for it ^^

Fennekin.240.1394237.jpg

This is seriously gonna be my starter in Pokémon X or Y (i hope the evolutions are cool too)​

Years
You're fantastic with it, seriously. I certainly hope my leaving didn't cause you to think otherwise!

No! Of course not! XD
I just took someones advice and posted in the RP discussion thread. I figured if I'm going to post here, I could look up some advice to keep it moving or make it more interesting.

♚ Here's looking at you, kid.
Years
@PinkSapphire -

Why, thank you! I have a soft spot for Kingdom Hearts. :3

That's great, I appreciate the interest. If or when made into an actual roleplay it will be further down the road since there is a lot to flesh out. Whenever you introduce a whole new world/region you have to build it from scratch and make sure any necessary details are in order. Which means a lot of work ahead. So, if down said road you have time, I would love to see you there. Thank you for the reply!

Oh I agree, when Pokémon X and Y are released (I myself leaning in the direction of X) Fennekin will be my starter as well. It's just so gosh darn adorable! Then again, that may change based on the evolutions of the other starters... Who knows. Nonetheless I am excited for those games.

Sapphire Rose

[I]Only thorns left on this rose.[/I]
Years
@PinkSapphire -

Why, thank you! I have a soft spot for Kingdom Hearts. :3

That's great, I appreciate the interest. If or when made into an actual roleplay it will be further down the road since there is a lot to flesh out. Whenever you introduce a whole new world/region you have to build it from scratch and make sure any necessary details are in order. Which means a lot of work ahead. So, if down said road you have time, I would love to see you there. Thank you for the reply!

Oh I agree, when Pokémon X and Y are released (I myself leaning in the direction of X) Fennekin will be my starter as well. It's just so gosh darn adorable! Then again, that may change based on the evolutions of the other starters... Who knows. Nonetheless I am excited for those games.

teheheheh my boyfriend and I are huge fans of kingdom hearts X3

I think Fennekin might have the same evolution chain as Vulpix, but then again, Vulpix has only one evolution which is Ninetails so i hope Fennekin's evolutions look cool but the second evolution won't look exactly like Ninetails. And ofcourse i hope the third one is totally awesome.

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
Something I've only really just now noticed while working on my own SU for my RP is how much better I've become at writing up SUs in the past few months, even though I wasn't able to be around here to improve myself. For example, what once used to be short descriptions that didn't lend much to the imagination have now become long and detailed with more vivid descriptions. Guess I can thank all those long paragraphs my English teacher makes us write for warm-ups every day... XD

*insertsRPadvertisementcauseIcan* Four spots left~! I'm taking my time on my SU to give others time to join, but once it's done (which will likely be a few days at the rate I'm going), I'm going to post it if there are any extra spots and I'll remove any spots that haven't already been taken so those who have joined don't have to wait around for ages to start RPing. So, if you're interested in joining, claim a spot soon~

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
^ I know, right! Back then when I was new to roleplay, my SUs were a lot shorter than the SUs I've done now. It showed how much I've improved not only as a writer but also a thinker. Looking at some of the SUs I've done, some of then can be envisioned, while others need lots more information, like a little background history, description to clothing, hobbies, etc!

I'd show some comparison, but i iz on my phone. So eventually maybe!

Years
  • Seen Feb 6, 2013
Ah, seems like the legends were true after all. I have finally found the fabled Roleplay Corner! Truly a sight to behold...

With that being said, hello everyone! I'm new here at PC and the main reason I joined was to basically throw myself into this awesome looking community you guys got here! Even though I more or less still see myself as a newbie, I do have some basic RP experience under my belt. ^^

Anyway, I was wondering if any of you fellows have some interesting roleplays going on that could use a guy like me? I'm mostly into Pokemon RPs where you have some freedom, like maybe a few choices of what you can do, but at the same time there is a clear goal or mission that everyone is trying to reach or accomplish. If that makes any sense. But as long as the roleplay looks interesting to me, I would love to join it. :D

Also, I've got a question for you all.

What region do you like to roleplay in?

Everyone has their favorites of course, but the main reason I'm asking this is actually because I have my own RP that I'm working on. It's still in the early development stage but I can dream, right? Though I'm genuinely curious on your thoughts on this topic as well. :)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Yay a new member & roleplayer! Great to see ya here, Deloop!

I am sure there's plenty of roleplays who are accepting players like you. The Pokemon Trainer Academy, however, is one roleplay I do recommend you to join up because it has plenty of open spots! Its also newbie friendly and it'll give you an idea of how roleplay works here. we're a friendly bunch and we don't bite...so stick around and have fun! :)

I love roleplaying in the johto region. Its the region I absolutely adore the most, and know more about than other regions. Unova is a close second!

btw, check this thread http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=245624&page=10 and look at the last post of the thread for new roleplays!

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 2, 2024
@ Deloop, welcome to the thread my dear mentee~ I directed you to Pokémon Odyssey but they say that Pokémon Trainer Academy is a really good place for new RPers to start. Lots of players to interact with there and you can go about capturing pokémon in any way you want. There's also my own RP Monster Art Online in case you haven't checked it out already :] We're not that far and new players can start anywhere. I hope you'll find something you want to join soon!

Also, Kanto and Johto are my favorite RPing regions. Since I'm already in a Johto RP now, I'd love a Kanto one. But I would also be happy to see a Sinnoh RP since I never did finish the DS games in Sinnoh and would love to explore the region via a RP instead.

TornZero

Resident Yuri-ism Cult Leader
Years
Also, Kanto and Johto are my favorite RPing regions. Since I'm already in a Johto RP now, I'd love a Kanto one. But I would also be happy to see a Sinnoh RP since I never did finish the DS games in Sinnoh and would love to explore the region via a RP instead.

Fallout is based in Sinnoh! (Though one person just decimated Eterna City, and the rest of the region is generally in disrepair, but still!)

Fort PokePower

Muffins forever
Years
@Deloop- It's not a Pokemon RP, but my RP Fargona: The Land of Dragons is still accepting members. I won't be posting the IC thread for a few more days, since I want to give more people time to join before we start RPing.

I don't really have a region of preference, though I usually have a more difficult time RPing in Hoenn, since I've never played Ruby, Sapphire, or Emerald, so I have a more difficult time figuring out what's where even with a map. Though, I suppose if I were forced to choose, I'd choose Johto or Kanto.

Years
I'm new, or at least haven't been here in for-ev-errr. Anyone want to point me to where the roleplays are that still need people? I want to come up with one myself, but that might take awhile, and I should probably go in one of someone else's first...

Edit: And I got a lame RP idea! Feel free to tell me if it's stupid, or if I should develop it more... what if it's a Hunger Games x Pokemon crossover, where we have 24 random teen OC's, 12 male, 12 female, fight to the death in an arena, with only what they can grab at the start to fight and survive. BUT instead of weapons and survival tools scattered at the start, there are 24 Pokeballs. You can grab one and run, or attempt to get away with more if you can, leaving others with none... but you don't know what Pokemon you're going to get from the Pokeballs. >_>

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back