• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: Pokemon Dark Rage

What should the first release be?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
No, this game is not dead. I am working just as much as usual on it. I'm just not posting about it much. Expect a huge update in a week or so c; and I mean HUGE.

Growl

Grrr...
Years
  • Seen Feb 1, 2013
The tiles impress me, but judging from the second screenshot, your mapping is not perfected and you are pretty untidy. Mapping comes naturally, it cannot be taught. Once your experience level go up, so will your mapping skills. Don't worry.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
I know I said I wouldn't be posting here for about a week, but I have an announcement.
With the release of Pokemon X and Pokemon Y in October, I will be incorporating 6th generation pokemon whenever possible! :3
That is all!

Years
  • Seen May 10, 2014
Can i ask this : are there any new moves in this rom hack like flora sky rom such as aura sphere or cosmic beam?
p/s: sorry for my bad english.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
Yesterday I started making my own tiles for this hack and editing some DS tiles like the lab from B/W and the trees from HGSS for the game. Those are the only things so far that aren't from scratch :3 Here's your sneak preview c;
Nobody use these please -_- They're for this hack only. The only exception would be for mapping contests.
project___pokemon__dark_rage_by_piplupthegreat-d5r074x.png

EDIT: Fixed the house.

Last edited:

kebbles

Rom Hacker.
Years
Yesterday I started making my own tiles for this hack and editing some DS tiles like the lab from B/W and the trees from HGSS for the game. Those are the only things so far that aren't from scratch :3 Here's your sneak preview c;
Nobody use these please -_- They're for this hack only. The only exception would be for mapping contests.
project___pokemon__dark_rage_by_piplupthegreat-d5r074x.png

The lab looks good, but the house colours are bright and ugly.
And those trees are edited virtually the same as mine?
This is looking more like galaxy elements every update..
Not impressed at all and i havnt been for a while i just havnt said anything.
Dont expect me to reply after this, just wanted to let ya know my thoughts.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
All we have in common is a tree from a nintendo game O.o and anyone who knows how to tile edit to remove colors would have edited them the way I did.. I'm not trying to argue.. Just stating that.
And I'll fix the house. Thanks for letting me know. It was the first I've ever made from scratch. ._.

DarkRisingGirl

Order Must Be Restored
Years

I know you said you wouldn't respond anymore, but how is it looking more like your hack? Only similarities I've notice is the trees and the fact he's using DS style OWs just like you. But he's using the Diamond dude, and you're using Hilbert. If you can, please explain, I'm curious lol. Both hacks are gonna be amazing though.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020

I recently had a problem like this. I was really upset when I found out that you could basically find everything from Silver Legend on the web, except for those ASM and scripts. At first, I was upset. I didn't expect that. I thought Zeno was a hard worker, but if you look from the point of view of the players, most players on the internet don't really care. Good gameplay is what matters! And I think both your hacks are really good :D

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Your tiles? Sorry but you're wrong. Most of the tiles in your tilesheet weren't made by you. It was made by the Red-Ex and they are private. The tree on the right isn't your tile. Even the houses. At least give credit to the Red-Ex and don't claim them as your own cause you obviously just recolored them. Even if you did resprite them, at least give the Red-Ex credit instead of claiming it as your own. Im sorry, but deny all you want, these tiles are obviously from the Dawn Tileset that you just recolored.
DS tiles like the lab from B/W and the trees from HGSS for the game. Those are the only things so far that aren't from scratch :3
Seriously? The houses and the grass were from the dawn tileset. I'm sorry, but it's ok if you make a tilesheet but if you take tiles (especially if they're private) at least give credit.

xWhyNotx

Scripting Master
Years
I made these myself other than the lab and trees which were edited from DS games. These relate to The-Red-Ex's because I referred to them as an example when I made them. Before posting them here I confirmed them with The-Red-Ex to make sure they didn't relate to his tiles too closely. I didn't steal them. You can ask him yourself if you don't believe me. Anyway, I'm off of pokecommunity now. This hack is dead. I may return.. someday.

socko

[i]VERY ANGER!!![/i]
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen May 18, 2020
Lol, guys... He's been through a lot, juggling 4 hacks at once. He shares something and get dislike from people who assume things that he actually had permission for. To be honest, the only similarity I found between this hack and Galaxy Elements is the trees, and he's trees are recolored in a far better way than those in GE. If this happened to me, I will discontinue it too...

PokemonMasters

Always Remember Forever&After
Years
Actually I dont think it's because of that. Well sorta. People kept comparing my hack with Light Platinum too but I've never ever seen this hack up to a point where I actually like it. It's because he keeps restarting with graphics. Changing tiles since the beginning. Your bound to reach nowhere if you keep doing that. Thats how I started too :)

DrFuji

[I]Heiki Hecchara‌‌[/I]
Years
This thread is being closed as the first post no longer meets the forum requirements for an approved thread.

xWhyNotx, if you would ever like this thread to be reopened then just message either myself or giradialkia and alter the first post so it is within the necessary rules.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back