• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Merging Double Posts

Years
Hey guys,

I'm trying to post my LP on the forums; however, it keeps automatically merging my posts together when I try to put up a new episode. I figure there might be a certain amount of time that has to pass in order for it not to do this, but thought I would ask.

Is there a way around the auto merge; or if one would have to wait a certain amount of time, how long is it?

Thanks a lot
-P2PS

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
I think you have to wait two weeks to bump a topic?

Not sure. I don't see the actual length in the rules :s but generally I think after one or two days, you can double-post without merging... but it's not looked nicely upon.

I'd like to have a confirmation from a mod how much time needs to pass in order to authorize a "bump."

Years
I didn't even think about the bumping... Just wanted the thread to look clean and uniform with each episode in its own reply/post.

Well, agreed. If any Mods could clarify I'd appreciate it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
We don't have any policy on bumping, which is something I noticed not too long ago when I wanted to bump something but didn't know if I could. We should probably get that worked out.

Yusshin

♪ Yggdrasil ♪
Years
Yeah, because it's really confusing. I haven't bumped my help thread in Pokemon Essentials in five days because I was concerned I'd receive an infraction.

Some sub-forums have bumping rules, though. Fan Clubs has a two-week waiting period before you can bump the thread.

Elaitenstile

I am legend
Years
  • Age 24
  • Seen Feb 27, 2015
I think if we quote a post above we can double post or something.

EDIT - No, we can't. I'm pretty sure after a week or two you can re-post.

Last edited:
Back