• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

The Uprising: Fighting the Pokémon Extermination

Status
Not open for further replies.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko halted suddenly. She'd sensed something. She dropped to the ground, and motioned for the trainer to do the same. Looking around carefully, she made out a group of figures.

A PXS patrol! And it was headed in their direction!

There looked to be four of them. At least one carried a gun, but she couldn't tell if any of the others were.

Damn! Of all the rotten...what to do...I think I can beat them, and with this trainer, it's a sure bet, but...it might alert the PXS...

Whatever they did, they'd better do it fast. The patrol was getting closer; in a few seconds, they'd spot the two. And then Matsuko and the trainer would really be in trouble.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai dropped to the ground when the pikachu signaled him. He noticed the group coming towards them. He began to smile. He released his two pokemon and gave them very specific instructions. "Trapinch, when they are grouped together close enough use sand tomb to try and trap them and do some damage, Scyther, the very moment you see them being pulled down make your move. Use quick attack, we need to get them before they can make any noise to alert others." They nodded and got into position. Trapinch opened its mouth for a moment and when the group was close enough to each other it closed its mouth and a vortex of sand appeared below the group. As Trapinch was closing its mouth Scyther shot forward at blinding speed, swinging its blades making clear cuts through the mens necks. It only took a moment but that ended these men's lives. Kensai quickly ran up and searched the bodies for any pokeballs, only finding one. He grabbed them and pulled out the body of one of the guards that was closest to his size. He stole the clothes and threw the body back into the sand trap where all the corpses and any sign of a struggle dissappeared below the earth. Kensai put on the uniform and made sure the hat covered as much of his face as he could. He moved forward a few steps and noticed the camp below. One side was blocked by a cliff while the another by a steep hill. this gave Kensai an idea. He motioned the pokemon to follow him to the top of the steep hill. Luckely there werent any guards positioned there. What a foolish mistake. Kensai began rolling up snow balls about half the size he was. while he was doing this he explained his plan.

"Help me roll these snow balls. Once we have made enough we will position them at the top of this hill. Then, Trapinch, pikachu and i will sneak into the camp, when i find our ally I will move him out of the way. Then we will signal to you Scyther which will be a sandstorm in the corner of the camp. when we do push these snowball down the hill. With any luck they will gain some size and cause some confusion. While the camp is in chaos, Trapinch use your sand tomb on any vehicles you can find, Pikachu by then you will be with your trainer and you can work with him. Everyone clear on the plan?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
The trainer and his Scyther and Trapinch dropped the patrol and hid their bodies.

He donned and uniform, and stepped up to the ridge. Matsuko did as well.

She gasped at the sight.

The camp was huge. She saw a sea of soldiers, all clustered around fires. She noticed the Scyther and Trapinch gazing at the scene. She spoke.

<Nice job taking out that patrol, by the way. Just as well as Kij and myself would've done.>

The trainer rolled up a snowball at the top of the hill, turned around, and explained.

"Help me roll these snow balls. Once we have made enough we will position them at the top of this hill. Then, Trapinch, pikachu and i will sneak into the camp, when i find our ally I will move him out of the way. Then we will signal to you Scyther which will be a sandstorm in the corner of the camp. when we do push these snowball down the hill. With any luck they will gain some size and cause some confusion. While the camp is in chaos, Trapinch use your sand tomb on any vehicles you can find, Pikachu by then you will be with your trainer and you can work with him. Everyone clear on the plan?"

Hmmm....that might work...but I'm getting a funny feeling from this place...let's just get Kij and go. I don't want to stay here any longer than necessary.
-------------------------------
Ikiji walked nervously towards the tank. He fought his fear the entire way. The soldiers shot glances at him, but they didn't take too much notice of him. Thankfully.

After a few moments, he was in front of the tank. Making sure no one was looking, he crawled underneath. He extracted one of his 'special' knives and removed the bolts from a thick armor panel, then the panel itself. It was heavy, but he managed to remove it soundlessly.

"Now for a little 'creative maintenance'..." He began to cut wires at random, his insulated knife protecting him. It would be very ironic for him to die of electrocution and Matsuko not be the one to do it.

A few minutes later, he was satisfied with his work. He replaced the panel and bolts, and carefully crawled out. He made his way towards the exit as fast as he could without raising suspicion. He was almost to the exit.

"Hold it right there!"

He froze, and turned towards the voice. He saw a large man in a badge-covered uniform looking right at him.

"Where do you think you're going, soldier?"

Ikiji thought quickly. "One of our boys left the camp a while ago, and hasn't returned. I'm going to check on him, sir."

"Who was it?"

He forced himself to calm down, and racked his brain for an answer. He took a shot.

"Private...Simmons, sir."

"Simmons?"

"Yes, sir. He's...new, sir."

The officer stared at him for several seconds. Ikiji was afraid his sweat would soak through the uniform.

"What's your unit designation, soldier?"

He froze again. He couldn't think of a reply. This was it.

It was over.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Once all the snowballs were in place Kensai signaled pikachu and Trapinch over. "Okay I cant just stroll in with you two next to me but i have an idea. Trapinch use Dig to follow me underground, Pikachu it will probably be best for you to follow along as well in the tunnel. when i find your trainer i will signal trapinch to let you two out. Okay lets get going." Trapinch immediatly shot underground leaving a whole behind it, just big enough for the two pokemon to fit in. Kensai made his way around the hill and entered the camp with trapinch following underhim. Kensai was trying his best to scan the sea of people without looking suspiscious. After a moment he saw what looked like a higher in command questioning a soldier. At first glance it seemed like nothing but after taking a second look Kensai noticed it was the trainer he was looking for. He made his way around and noticed the higher ups uniform. He couldn't be in charge here, at best he was in charge of a platoon. Kensai had to move fast. He walked up to the two and cleared his throat to get the mans attention. "Excuse me sir, the commander needs to speak with you right away." Kensai stood there waiting, hoping that this man would buy it. He was ready to signal trapinch if need be but he hoped he wouldnt have to blow his cover just yet.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
A soldier came up, and spoke to the officer.

"Excuse me sir, the commander needs to speak with you right away."

The officer stared at the other soldier for several seconds. Ikiji fought his nerves.

Lucky break...

Suddenly, the officer spoke in a harsh voice. "Sorry, but I don't think so. I just got off the line with the commander. He's in transit here, and I happen to know he's in rasio silence right now. Who are you? Answer me!"

Ikiji thought fast. He remembered now; that voice belonged to the one trainer he had met outside the pokemon center. This soldier must be that trainer.

This was very bad. He looked around, and noticed that this spot was concealed from the views of the other soldiers. Nobody would see...

He flicked his wrist, and the knife slid smoothly into his hand. Moving quickly, he grabbed the officer, covered his mouth, and swiftly dragged the blade across his throat. A moment later, he fell to the ground, dead. Ikiji turned to the trainer.

"Uprising, I assume? It's me, Ikiji. We have to leave as soon as we can; this won't go unnoticed for long."

He managed to keep his voice calm and level, but he was still shaking inside.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai tapped his foot pretty hard and his trapinch shot up from the ground leaving an opening for the pikachu to get through. "Not yet, we are going to have to face these people at one point or another, I would rather hit them now, take them by surprise and show them that the uprising isn't going to back down to them because they have large numbers. I can do this by myself if you wish but im staying, your pikachu should be here in a moment so you will be able to defend yourself properly if the need arises. The uprising is alerted to the threat and are prepairing, but i will not allow for them to think for a moment that they will win." He awaited for a reply, hoping this trainer would make up his mind fast so he could get his plan under way.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
"Hmph. Don't be foolish. These are trained soldiers. Fighting them head-on would be suicide."

Ikiji noticed Matsuko emerge from a hole nearby and come running over.
--------------------------------
Matsuko recognized that voice anywhere. She leapt from the hole and ran towards him.

"Matsu!"

<Kij!>

He knelt, and looked at her. "You came as well?"

She looked hard. Then,

BZZZZZZZTTT!!

Ikiji was knocked off his feet by the sudden shock. "Ah...! Ma-Matsu, what the hell?!"

<YOU IDIOT! WHAT THE HELL DID YOU HOPE TO ACCOMPLISH?!>

"Wh-What?"

<WHAT WERE YOU THINKING?! TRYING TO INFILTRATE THE PXS CAMP YOURSELF?!>

"I am more than capable of handling-"

She shocked him again, and he let out a gasp of pain.

<NO, YOU'RE NOT! IF HE HADN'T SHOWN UP WHEN HE DID, YOU WOULD'VE BEEN DEAD! HE SAVED YOUR LIFE, BECAUSE YOU'RE TOO STUPID TO KEEP IT SAFE YOURSELF!>

"I don't owe him any-"

Another shock. Ikiji didn't bother getting up this time. Matsuko leapt onto his chest and grabbed him by the neck of his shirt. She was staring right into his eyes, and was sparking viciously. Yet, Ikiji almost thought he could see tears forming.

<JUST SHUT UP! This isn't some childish game, Kij! This is a war! You can't do it alone! Neither can I! We have allies now! We don't have to do this ourselves!>

"Matsu..."

<AND WHAT WOULD I'VE DONE IF YOU DIED, HUH?! WHAT WOULD I'VE...DONE THEN?! YOU TELL ME, KIJ!>

She closed her eyes, breathing heavy. She got off his chest, and he climbed slowly to his feet. He brushed himself off, and turned to the trainer who had saved him.

"It would seem you saved me. So, I...er, well...um, thank...you."

That was harder than I thought.

"I will assist you. However, a head-on attack would be quite suicidal. Since we both have uniforms, I suggest we hide this body and perform a little covert sabotage. Once we're satisfied with the damage, we can return and prepare with the others. Agreed?"

Behind him, Matsuko let out a muffled sob.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai smiled and nodded. "Im already on that just be ready, Trapinch dig a tunnel to the Center of the camp and give the signal once you have, start using sand tomb on these vehicles...but leave the helicoptors they can escape if they want " Trapinch nodded and went underground.

Kensai then nodded. "Here in a few moments there is going to be a lot of confusion, make sure we stick together take out as many as you can but dont let them get focus'd on you, also grab as many of their pokeballs as you can, we will free them when we get back to the center."

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Ikiji nodded. "Right. Ready, Matsu?"

She sobbed again.

"Really! This isn't the time for tears! We've got work to do!"

She looked up at him. She was crying...but she had a sinister expression.

<Next time...you try anything like this...pray that...the PXS kills you...because I won't be so merciful...>

"Save the intimidation for when we're out of here. Come on!"

She stood, and let out a deep breath. She closed her eyes, took several deep breaths, and opened them.

<I'm ready.>

Ikiji looked at the other trainer, and smiled sarcastically.

"After you."

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Suddenly a large Sand storm rose out of the snow A few moments later several large snowballs began rolling down the hill, growing in size as the rolled down. Kensai grabbed his knife and picked a soldier running his way. He grabbed the two pokeballs he had and moved on. "Ok Trapinch the vehicles!" Kensai said to himself. A few moments later the vehicles around the camp began to sink into the ground one at a time.

Now that Scyther had pushed the snowballs down it flew into the air heading towards its trainer.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
The snowballs had started to fall, and the various vehicles around the camp had started to sink into the snow.

A soldier drew a blade and charged Ikiji; he laughed snidely and easily disarmed the man, ending him with a quick slash of his own. He checked, but the man carried no pokeballs.
----------------------
Matsuko focused and released a ferocious Thundershock that left two soldiers stunned. From there, she unleashed a Thunder that knocked them off their feet. They didn't get back up.

She heard a familiar growl behind her, and turned to see a soldier had released a Raichu. Matsuko laughed.

<Haha, are you kidding? LAst Raichu I fought, I kicked his ass! You really think you can do any better?>

The Raichu let off a strong blast of electricity, but Matsuko fired a bolt of her own power into the blast and hurled it back at the Raichu, slamming it into its trainer. They were both out for the count.

<Too easy!>
----------------------
Ikiji saw another soldier lining up a shot at Matsuko. Without thinking, he rushed the man and impaled him with his knife. The soldier's gun slumped and fell to the ground, followed by he himself. Ikiji snatched his gun, and took a pokeball off him. He checked the gun's magazine. It was full.

"Now we're talking!"

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Scyther had finally reached Kensai so now the game could really get started. "Scyther use Quick attack! get as many of them as you can!" Trapinch had placed all the sand tombs it could and now rose back to the surface. As it did a soldier spotted it and took aim. "Trapinch! no!" But it was too late, the soldier fired his shot and it hit trapinch leaving a large gash in its back. Kensai went blind with rage, taking his dagger he killed a near by soldier and stole his gun and unloaded on everyone in the general area of where the soldier who shot trapinch was. After a few moments he came to his senses. He through the gun down and ran and picked up trapinch. even though he had just gotten to know it he Still couldnt stand losing another friend. He sat there holding the trapinch as a soldier came up behind him. "Well this is it for you you little punk!" As the man was prepairing to fire a glow came from Trapinch's back. A white shape came out from the crack and took form. Trapinch had evolved! It flew toward the man who had been thrown off guard and shot a sonic boom at him, knocking him against one of the other soldiers.

"Vibrava!" it cheered triumphantly. Kensai was speechless as he watched what had unfolded.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Ikiji heard a sudden roar of gunfire. Ducking instinctively, he turned for the source, and saw something interesting.

The other trainer's Trapinch had evolved! And now it was unleashing sonic boom attacks, sending entire waves of soldiers flying.

Ikiji couldn't help but laugh. This was all going so well! He couldn't understand why he'd been so afraid earlier. All fear evaporated, he took aim at a group of soldiers, and dropped them with a burst of gunfire. The gun's chamber clicked. Empty. He ditched it and grabbed another.

Suddenly, a loud roar echoed from across the camp. He looked over, and saw a plume of fire and smoke rising into the air...right from where the tank had been. They must have tried to start it, but Ikiji's 'modifications' must've taken their toll.

"Note to self: avoid career as a machanic."
---------------------------------
A group of soldiers surrounded her, but Matsuko smiled wickedly. She needed to vent a little, so...

She let out a fierce cry, sending a huge wall of electricity tearing through the soldiers. They quivered with the surge, then fell to the ground with a collective groan.

I could do this all day!

But then, she felt something. That same, inexplicable feeling of wrong. The feeling was growing stronger, and as it did, she recognized it. A Psychic aura.

It continued to grow; he sensitivity to such things meant she'd feel it before the others. A crucial advantage as it turned out. She darted over to Ikiji; she was starting to get a mild headache.

<Kij, we have to go. NOW.>

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai finally stood up. "Vibrava! use sonic boom! Scyther Slash!" He was starting to get into it. He began running around grabbing as many pokeballs from soldiers as he could and putting them in his bag.

Scyther Slashed through a souldier and turned to get another when it noticed something wrong with Pikachu. It flew over to the electric pokemon.

"Hey? Whats wrong?"

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Matsuko sensed the Scyther fly over to her.

"Hey? Whats wrong?"

<Can't you feel that? The strange pressure in your mind?> Her headache was worsening quickly. <It's a...psychic pulse. Only very powerful Psychic types can do something like this. I don't think...our trainers have picked up on it yet, but...>

He grimaced. Her head was punding; there was an almost overwhelming pressure.

<We need to leave. We've done enough damage...if we stay, we'll be knocked out and eventually killed by that pulse....uhn!> She stumbled.

<Gather any pokeballs you can see, and tell your trainer. We've got to get out of here before...ugh...>

She could handle the pain for now, but she didn't know how long it would last.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Scyther began to feel the pulses too and his eyes widened. It flew back to Kensai who was busy picking up pokeballs. It motioned for him that it was time to go. "Now? but we can do more!" he proclaimed confidently. Scyther just continued signaling a retreat. Kensai sighed and nodded. "Alright buddy, Vibrava time to go." Kensai ran over to the other trainer. "Hey we need to get out of here, time to go!" he said. he didnt know what was going on but he trusted his pokemon so he knew it was time to go. Vibrave floated over head firing sonic booms at people that got too close.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
"Hey we need to get out of here, time to go!"

"What are you blathering about?! You're the one who-"

He stopped, as a sudden pressure built in his head. He recognized it immediately.

"Right. Time to go. Matsu!"

She fired a surge of electricity along the ground; it blazed a path towards the camp's gate. Several soldiers leapt out of the way; others tried, but were caught and cooked by the blast.

"Time to make our exit. Let's go!"

He ran towards the gate, and fired off a few rounds at the soldiers who moved towards them.

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai followed behind taking the path created for them. Scyther went ahead of him picking off anyone who got in their way, vibrava took up the rear firing off sonic booms at anyone it could hit. "Where you able to grab any pokeballs?" Kensai yelled as he followed along.

dream's-epilogue

Worthless
Years
Ikiji pulled a handful out of his pocket.

"Yes, though not as many as I would've preferred. Also, i've got a little surprise for Matsu when we get back. Come on, we're almost out!"

After a few seconds, with Matsuko clearing the path, Vibrava coving the rear, and Scyther mowed down anyone who got too close.

Once they got out, they continued to run until the camp was long behind them. Ikiji stopped and looked back; he saw no one following them. They'd gotten away. He noticed with relief that the pulses had stopped as well.

"Okay, I think we made it."

While everyone stopped to catch their breath, he walked over to the other trainer. He had a serious look on his face.

"You know, when I first met you, I thought I had you figured. I thought you were just another snot-nosed hotheaded trainer who thought the world revolved around you.

"But then, you go charging into a PXS camp guns blazing. You laid out a solid plan and pulled it off. And (though I hate to admit it), you saved me from a sticky situation."

He smiled slyly. "Though, to be fair, I'm sure I could've handled that situation given time. Nevertheless, you've proven yourself to be both a competent trainer and a skilled fighter. You've earned my respect, and that is not easy to do."

He extended a hand towards the trainer and held it in midair.

"Come to think of it, I never learned your name. What was it again?"

Years
  • Seen May 2, 2009
Kensai laughed as he accepted the other trainers hand. "My name is Kensai. I have reasons for the way i act...but i can guarantee that every trainer in the uprising has things they are fighting for and they would all probably surprise us when they are cornered. You have my respect too, and i also dont think i have gotten your name." Maybe it was ok for Kensai to let himself get close to the other trainers here, so far they have all seemed to be pretty competiant, and wouldn't go down easy.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back