• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon StarterKit VX Ace

Years
It will most likely have B/W tiles yes, probably by UltimoSpriter. I'll have to catch him on MSN first to ask his permission though.

Autotiles: Yes, it's a main feature of VX Ace, so i'll be utilising that.

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021
Possibly, I haven't looked into animated GIFs at all.
It's definitely something I could possibly add. Perhaps Luka will donate his GIF code, i'll ask him when he gets online :3
Hm, I don't know if you really need a script for that. I am using animated sprites without a script, so maybe it works for VX Ace too?

Anyway, nice to hear a release is already planned. Knowing you, it will probaby be very good ;)

Luka S.J.

Jealous Croatian
Years
Hm, I don't know if you really need a script for that. I am using animated sprites without a script, so maybe it works for VX Ace too?

Anyway, nice to hear a release is already planned. Knowing you, it will probaby be very good ;)

But you ARE using a script, and you're using the biggest one of them all. The only reason(s) you can animate the sprites in essentials is that the class PokemonBattlerSprite supports GIFs, and there is a @sprites["pokemon#{index}"].update method within the Battle System's update function. I'm not familiar with VX ACE and RGSS3 myself, I don't how my scripting methods fare with that.

Last edited:
Years
I've got VXA as well, if you'd like to give me a copy and some things that need to get done I'd be happy to see if I can help out at all.

Years
As Luka said, Essentials has a built in GIF animation class.

@Luka, I can make it work, it won't be too different as I could just copy and paste my sprite animation class from XP to VX Ace with a tiny edit. I understand if you don't want your code in this, as my Sprite Animation script will work just fine :3

@fiOWNya, I probably won't be needing any testers as such, as everyone will be testers really!

Years
I was more referring to helping write scripts, but no problem. :) I'll just continue with my own thing for the time being, hahaha.

Years
Ah right, sorry, I don't often get offers from scripters!

As nice as your offer is, I don't really like working with other people's code, as I practically have to learn it before I can make any edits. Coding styles clash!

But, if you send me some examples of codes you've created from scratch (i.e, not in essentials), i'll take a look and make a decision from there!

I'm hoping to do a little work tonight on the kit.

KingCharizard

C++ Developer Extraordinaire
Years
As nice as your offer is, I don't really like working with other people's code, as I practically have to learn it before I can make any edits. Coding styles clash!

Dude I'm the same way, when looking at others people code I can read/understand it but when i try to build on what they've done i find it difficult and i just don't know why.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Wow, this is great. I just started getting into RPG Maker VX Ace, and I wanted to make a Pokemon game with B/W Graphics, doubting it could be done. Then, I find this thread. I hope you don't have too much trouble with it, and that a release or beta or something is out soon! :D

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
Oh, my, god. The reason I stopped work on my project was I could no longer run XP, but with this... I hope you finish this and don't abandon it, like so many others.

I might just have my game made afterall. Sweet...

Years
Well i'll be working on it a lot more after your encouragements!

This is a bit of an ask, but to speed things along, could someone make a title screen for the kit?

I'm not fussed about the design, but if you make it, make it how you'd like to see it. I'm up for animating it with moving sections, pokemon scrolling across it, whatever you guys want.

It'll just speed things up, as I can get on with the coding of it!

The dimensions of the image(s) must be 512 x 385 (Width x height)

Thanks!

Pharetra

zzzz
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Nov 23, 2021

This is a bit of an ask, but to speed things along, could someone make a title screen for the kit?

I'm not fussed about the design, but if you make it, make it how you'd like to see it. I'm up for animating it with moving sections, pokemon scrolling across it, whatever you guys want.

Thanks!
Hope you don't mind me doing this, I want to do something back for the time you're putting into this resource for the community.
You're already familiar with my work, so I don't think that's going to be a problem.

xalien95

Developer of Pokémon Omicron
Years

Thanks!
I've done something fast eheh
PokemonStarterKitVXACE.png

I haven't done the bg ^^"

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
You've said that this starter kit will be much like Black and White, with 3D landscapes and such features. 3D as in the Black and White percieved depth.

I was wondering, will there be/is there an option to go back to the RSE era, not in 3D? I ask because the tiles I make are very RSE in style and I was wondering if they would be compatible. If not I'll work on some 3D things and have a browse around.

Years
I've done something fast eheh

-Snip-

I haven't done the bg ^^"

If I end up using it, I'll put your name in the credits!

You've said that this starter kit will be much like Black and White, with 3D landscapes and such features. 3D as in the Black and White percieved depth.

I was wondering, will there be/is there an option to go back to the RSE era, not in 3D? I ask because the tiles I make are very RSE in style and I was wondering if they would be compatible. If not I'll work on some 3D things and have a browse around.

At the moment, the Pseudo-3D effect is on the bench, I won't be adding it, if at all, until the main features are scripted in, and when it's added it'll be totally optional!

Years
  • Seen Nov 19, 2014
At the moment, the Pseudo-3D effect is on the bench, I won't be adding it, if at all, until the main features are scripted in, and when it's added it'll be totally optional!

YIPPEE!!!!

I mean... splendid.

That will make tileling a for me. Don't mind me, I'll just sit here refreshing until the first edition comes out *posts and refreshes*

Years
  • Seen Aug 7, 2016
I'm curious about this project to.

I'm currently making my levels in VX Ace, wondering and hoping that the starters kit will be released soon lol.

Any idea when we can expect something?

Back