• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

2nd Gen Fav G,S,C pokemon

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
What's your favorite Pokemon from gold silver crystal mine are lugia,ho ow,all the starters and trio dogs
So what's yours

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Mine is Umbreon. Favorite Pokemon of all time as well.

Listen though, if you're gonna make a thread like this, how about putting a little more effort into it? Makes it look nicer, ya know? Give us more discussion topics like, why do you like this Pokemon? Did you use it in GSC? How effective was it in your party? Stuff like that. Mkay? :) Just keep that in mind for any threads you make in the future. ~

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
Mine is Umbreon. Favorite Pokemon of all time as well.

Listen though, if you're gonna make a thread like this, how about putting a little more effort into it? Makes it look nicer, ya know? Give us more discussion topics like, why do you like this Pokemon? Did you use it in GSC? How effective was it in your party? Stuff like that. Mkay? :) Just keep that in mind for any threads you make in the future. ~
Thanks for the tips I'm still trying my best to Fit In Here

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jan 2, 2024
Might be Cyndaquil or Elekid. Those were really useful and I like the pokémon overall as well ^^ Since Cyndaquil is the starter I most often picked, it always ended up on my end-game team. As a Typhlosion, of course.

I've also had Butterfree for longer than most people probably keep it on their team in the games. It's really useful but maybe not the strongest at the end of the game.

Years
Typhlosion is my favourite all time pokemon so it's also my favourite G/S/C pokemon.

Plus in the actual G/S/C games, he's a really good pokemon and the Cynda/Quil/Typhy line come in useful throughout the main game. Miltank's Rollout is about the only thing stopping them.

Granzen

Pokefan
Years
My favorite pokemon are Arcanine and Ninetales or "arcaninetales" ^^
because i like fire type pokemon than other types ^_^

gSpartan150

Intermediate Johto Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jun 30, 2013
My favorite would have to be Feraligatr in Pokemon Gold Version. That also includes his/her previous forms.

Berzerk!

Hey, c'mon! Get serious!
Years
Well... Bullet Points!

-Typhlosion and Quilava: Just in general, looks like a great pokemon you could just lay down with XD No but the design of those two are really unique, most fire types are shown as tough and bulky, these two don't, Typhlosion shows more of a dominance role than "raw power"

-Tyranitar: A giant dark/sand dinosaur... He just looks so bad-ass... that and dark type... gotta love dark types.

-Espeon + Umbreon: Uniqueness that it uses the Day/Night system to determine what they evolve into shows the only two "true unique evolutions in the game"

Years
I really liked the addition of both Espeon and Umbreon in GSC, and they're easily my two favorite Eeveelutions, and some of my favorite of the Johto Pokemon. The other two Pokemon that I've liked since they were introduced were Crobat and Heracross. Not only were they some of my better Pokemon on Gold, but I even made them key components to my HeartGold team, too.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Feb 20, 2024
Chikorita <3
and Espeon and Umbreon ^^

I think most people underrate Chikorita and its evolutions. the first Pokémon I ever EV trained in a Pokémon game was my Chikorita. And once it evolved into a Meganium, I used her as a dual screens Pokémon. She was sturdy, could take a few hits, could set up Reflect and Light Screen and she could also pack a punch.
And even when I don't EV train, she's still awesome! So people can go on and choose Cyndaquil and Totodile for all I care xD I love my little Chibi and I certainly love a challenge too. Besides, beating Falkner and Bugsy with a grass type is slightly rewarding xD

As for Espeon and Umbreon? they're Eeveelutions and they're awesome! 'Nuff said xD

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
When I was little and I got Crystal I remember I liked all the starters, I had a hard time choosing.
I really liked Furret, Flaaffy, Suicune, Togetic and a few others. Oh and Espeon/Umbreon of course.

tnfsf11

LOL jk it's really hard to tell my most liked pokes because they're too many, I can tell you my least liked ones maybe?
Anyway who top my list are the starters & the legendaries, all of 'em ofc :).

Raczack

Gunslinger
Years
  • Age 36
  • Seen Mar 27, 2015
In order I would put my top 3 for GSC at:
1) Dunsparce
2) Yanma
3) Octillery

Years
My favourite pixels are Typhlosion, Houndoom (G/S) and Ampharos. That doesn't necessarily mean they're my overall favourite Pokemon though, I simply appreciate their sprites =P

.:batto:.

Pokébreeder
Years
Would have to be Tyranitar & Umbreon. Which is also my favorite shiny Pokemon.
Gen II is my favorite game also, Jhoto rules.

Years
Pidgeotto. I got really frustrated one day and threw my gameboy on the ground. When I picked it up my pidgeotto somehow was able to level past 100...

nimbo

~*~*~*~*~*~*~
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
I really liked Espeon. It's one of my favorites now!

Years
Go introduction to my favorite Pokemon from any Gen, Sneasel! Looks awesome, wicked speed and attack, plus it's a Dark/Ice Type...Why did it have to evolve?

Back