• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Ruby hack: [Hack of the Year 2012] POKéMON LIGHT PLATINUM

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
Hey i started playing this hack and im loving it but i defeated the 3rd gym leader and now im stuck i cant leave from that area of the 3rd gym leader... f*ck me right?
Some people said that walkthrough walls works...

I have one question...
How do I battle trainers again??
I don't think VS Seeker-like feature is featured.

Hello guys,what about the pokeblocks?cus i can see variety of berries but they are of no use without pokeblock stuff.so thats the thing i would like to see in light platinum.
Thnx.
No Pokeblocks.
It's useless feature anyways.

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Where can i get focus punch or any pokemon who have it? i dont have in my tm list or wasted it. I need it to break the ice blocks :(

Years
  • Seen Jul 1, 2013
Focus Punch is obtained from 5th Lauren Gym Leader but to destroy Ice Blocks you need TM31 Ice Smash (Brick Break) which is obtained from 3rd GL.

I mean the 3 big ice blocks i have ice smash, how do break the 3 big ones, it just says the huge rock can be destroyed with a focused and powerful attack :S:S

Years
  • Seen Jun 29, 2013
Does anyone know how to unlock the closed houses for each city? I have already finished the lauren and zhery league but it seems theres no event on how to unlock the houses.

Years
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
this doesnt work on my iphone GBA4IOS, its so anoying to get the white screen every time, how do i convert the 128k file to a 64k file??? PLEASE HELP

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2013
Question, are physical/special attacks move specific (GEN IV- present) or determined according to type (GEN I-GEN III). I've searched the answer to this and people have said it's determined by type, so why then do moves like flame wheel and thunderpunch contract poison from the poison point ability and success in the opponent using the move 'counter' which should only work if hit by a physical move...

thanethane98

Self Proclaimed Expert
Years
  • Seen Nov 16, 2013
Sorry to pester people with more questions, but I've got a quick question before I try and play through Light Platinum. When I apply the english translation patch to a clean ruby rom, I get the game to start up fine and all that. But during the intro, some parts are in Portuguese and others are in English. Everything afterwards is in pure English though so far though. To make sure though, everything beyond those bits in Portuguese at the start will be in English, right? I won't make it through 8 gyms and then play the rest of the hack without knowing what's going on?

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
Question, are physical/special attacks move specific (GEN IV- present) or determined according to type (GEN I-GEN III). I've searched the answer to this and people have said it's determined by type, so why then do moves like flame wheel and thunderpunch contract poison from the poison point ability and success in the opponent using the move 'counter' which should only work if hit by a physical move...

Light Platinum doesn't have the Physical/Special split. Flame Wheel, the elemental punches, the kicks, and all moves that uses body parts make contact.. So Poison Point still activates, it's just that Flame Wheel and Thunderpunch are using the Special Attack stat, but they are still moves that make contact. Hope this helps.

Years
  • Seen Nov 22, 2013
Light Platinum doesn't have the Physical/Special split. Flame Wheel, the elemental punches, the kicks, and all moves that uses body parts make contact.. So Poison Point still activates, it's just that Flame Wheel and Thunderpunch are using the Special Attack stat, but they are still moves that make contact. Hope this helps.

Thank you a heap!! Now my mind is at peace (:

Years
this doesnt work on my iphone GBA4IOS, its so anoying to get the white screen every time, how do i convert the 128k file to a 64k file??? PLEASE HELP
PM me I will help you there... ;)

Sorry to pester people with more questions, but I've got a quick question before I try and play through Light Platinum. When I apply the english translation patch to a clean ruby rom, I get the game to start up fine and all that. But during the intro, some parts are in Portuguese and others are in English. Everything afterwards is in pure English though so far though. To make sure though, everything beyond those bits in Portuguese at the start will be in English, right? I won't make it through 8 gyms and then play the rest of the hack without knowing what's going on?
Light Platinum is not 100 % translated yet but only those parts were translated which were necessary for game play. Just play the game and you will understand

Last edited:

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As ikkiXY already mentioned those moves make contact that's why Poison Point activates.
Contact-based moves already existed in 3rd generation games.
They just weren't classified as physical because P/S split did not exist.

Years
  • Seen Dec 5, 2013
I am just wondering, is it possible to get black or white kyrurem?

I know that you can get kyrurem, but in the White 2/ Black 2 you would need DNA splicer, and I don't think there is one in LP?

Years
  • Seen Nov 28, 2014
I am just wondering, is it possible to get black or white kyrurem?

I know that you can get kyrurem, but in the White 2/ Black 2 you would need DNA splicer, and I don't think there is one in LP?

ROM Hacks have limitations too, so no Kyurem-B or Kyurem-W on this game.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
1) This hack was finished and being made when Kyurem's forms weren't released yet.
2) Adding new forms into 3rd generation game requires (at the moment at least) replacing other Pokemon => adding Black and White Kyurems would take up 2 Pokemon.

Back