• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

OPTCG - Online Pokemon Trading Card Game

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
I am sure most everyone here is aware of the Pokemon TCG, I for one loved it when I was younger. Unfortunately, I was not able to play it all that much for a couple of reasons.

1) I had no money to buy the cards.
2) I had no one to play with.

The few times I was able to play, I absolutely loved the game, I just always wished there was some easier way to play. A few months ago I began working on just that. An easy way to collect, trade, and battle Pokemon cards. The resulting product was a website I called Online Pokemon Trading Card Game. I got busy with college work, and slowly stopped working on the site. Now, I am back and ready to continue the development.

So enough with the introduction and lets start talking about features.

Card Economy
This, simply put means administrators have full control of how many cards are in circulation. Whats the point of a collection if there are an infinite amount of cards? An Admin can choose to create a set of 500 booster packs of a particular series of cards, and an algorithm will shuffle in various cards based on the rarity of that card. The rarity levels include; common, uncommon, rare, ultra-rare, and one of a kind. Thats right, there can and will be one of a kind cards that no one else will have. A strong card economy is essential to the success of this game.

Collection
As you buy booster packs they will file away into your collection. You can then choose to open a booster pack in your collection and have all the excitement of seeing what you got! The cards will file away into your card collection, which is where you can show off to the rest of the OPTCG community.

Deck Building
As you start to build a respectable collection, you may want to change around your starter deck or build a completely new one. Decks you build can be named, shown off, rated and of course battled.

Trading
Trading should be a huge part of any TCG being that 'Trading' is actually apart of the name. You are able to trade just about anything in OPTCG from individual cards, entire decks, or even unopened booster packs.

Battling
Battling is a little tricky to program for a website, but with the help of ajax it is possible. You will be able to battle in real time with opponents under various different rule sets. All stats are recorded for personal examination and to just plain show off.

Finally, Screenshots!
Please note this is still very early in development.
Also sorry for the blurred out cards. I used images from a certain site, when I asked for permission to use them I was simply told no. Not to worry, I have a bucket full of donated Pokemon cards waiting to be scanned, all of which will be made publicly available for anyone to use anyway they wish.

screenshot1.jpg

Home page after you login

screenshot7.jpg

Admin page for card creation

screenshot2.jpg

Card Dex

screenshot1.jpg

Collection

screenshot4.jpg

Deck Edit

screenshot5.jpg

Deck Edit

screenshot6.jpg

Deck Creation

Any thoughts, ideas or suggestions?

If you would like to beta test, send me a PM or email at [email protected]. You can also contact me on GTalk.

Base Set (Incomplete) - http://picasaweb.google.com/ZerroShadows/BaseSet?feat=directlink
If you have card scans you would like to donate please get in contact with me.

Last edited:

|Maximus|

I'm back~
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Sep 10, 2010
This actually looks like it would be fun to play. You may need to improve some graphics though. And, why are they in .jpg?

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Just the screenshots are in jpg, the site itself has all png. And yes, the graphics suck, I am no graphic artist lol, I am a programmer. My artwork is in the code.
I will be giving out beta testing spots. See post above for more details.

Last edited:

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I would love to beta test this. This actually looks really fun. I had always loved the TCG, but I could not play it, because of similar reasons to you.

V0RT3X

Scientist at fluid dynamics
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Aug 22, 2016
finally someone that is going back to the tcg, wish you good luck with future updates

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Expect to see screen shots with actual cards in them soon lol. I was quite upset when I was denied permission to use the card scans I had acquired. The guy doesn't want anyone using his scans for anything other than his website. But not to worry, I will be releasing all my card scans to the public. I am pretty big on open source lol.

snap12

Billie Jean is not my lover
Years
This looks like a awesome idea man, I had some of the same problems you did: I loved the TCG but I had no one who would battle with me :( Stupid "collectors" . I can't wait to see more man, let me know if you need help with beta testing or any of that good stuff ;)

Last edited:

SkyStar

is a Sith Lord
Years
This is awesome...
I have got to try this
and if you need graphics I can do a little
and I too have mounds of tcg cards if you want i'll scan them later.
I made a background for a card
its attached

Last edited:

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Aeon, card scans would be welcomed. Just note that anything you submit to the project will be given to everyone to use as they wish without consent. That way if in the future someone needs card scans or the like they don't have to deal with permissions or anything they can just use them. I think that way its best for the community as a whole.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
Aeon, card scans would be welcomed. Just note that anything you submit to the project will be given to everyone to use as they wish without consent. That way if in the future someone needs card scans or the like they don't have to deal with permissions or anything they can just use them. I think that way its best for the community as a whole.

I also could scan some cards, as I have tons. I might scan them.

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
Can I ask why the pictures are blurred? It's a shame they are, good luck with this.

I stated above the screenshots. The cards are blurred because the owner of the card scans did not give me permission to use them. For what reason I do not know. Not to worry. I am scanning a bucket full of my own cards and accepting any cards that anyone scans. The blurred cards won't be an issue much longer.

Route

Slowpoke
Years
  • Seen Nov 21, 2015
I stated above the screenshots. The cards are blurred because the owner of the card scans did not give me permission to use them. For what reason I do not know. Not to worry. I am scanning a bucket full of my own cards and accepting any cards that anyone scans. The blurred cards won't be an issue much longer.

Are you using certain cards? Like, can they be D/P or original cards? What exactly do you need?

Zerro

Dreamer
Years
I will accept any and every card. I will implement the sets as the cards come in. Eventually, I should have all cards scanned and in theory, new sets will be released every few months. Old sets will then stop being released so all the old cards will only be available through trade from other players.

RockstarRaccoon

Zerro's CSS writer.
Years
Hey, I'm his friend who's doing the CSS and Graphics. Glad you guys aren't screaming about how bad my layout is. Since he's getting back to it, I'm gonna start improving them. Anyone got some graphical suggestions for it?

Back