• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Improve on Team?

Years
  • Seen Jul 3, 2011
Hey, I'm trying to form a competitive team [first time :p] and wondering if there is anyway to improve it, thanks!

Blissey [Bold] She is the cleric of the team, removing any status effect gained throughout
-Aromatherapy
-SoftBoiled
-Toxic
-Double Edge

Skarmory [Impish] Sets up a layer of spikes as a starter, possibly whirlwinds the opponent out
-Spikes
-Brave Bird
-Whirlwind
-Acrobatics

Espeon [Timid] Baton-Passer during substitute to either Genger or Infernape [Special/Mixed Sweep]
-Baton Pass
-Calm Mind
-Psychic
-Substitute

Gengar [Modest] Just a special sweeper
-ThunderBolt
-Shadow Ball
-Curse
-Focus Blast

Garchomp [Jolly] Physical Sweeper, takes down the over used metagross
-Swords Dance
-Dragon Claw
-Earthquake
-Stone Edge

Infernape [Timid] Mixed Sweeper, need a new move to take over sunny day
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Sunny Day

flamehaze94

Jeste!
Years
Listing the EVs of each Pokemon can really help us raters. The majority of your Pokemon can get by with a simple 4/252/252 so I can hazard guess.

I'll be working on your movesets only though because if you try out the team, then certain threats will become apparent. Overall, it looks like a solid start for a novice trainer... wait does Blissey have Double Edge? Are you trying to work off Blissey's Atk stat or it's SpD :p Please change it to one of these three options: Seismic Toss / Flamethrower / Ice Beam. Seismic Toss deals a hearty 100 damage all the time so it's the most reliable and consistant attack Blissey has. Flamethrower and Ice Beam cover certain threats that tend to switch in like Scizor or Gliscor, respectively.

Skarmory needs to toss Acrobatics for Roost. It's often called the premier physical wall because of it's combination of great typing, defenses, and Roost. Acrobatics is also horribly redundant with the much stronger Brave Bird as an option.

One of the best things about Gengar is its speed. Use a Timid nature to abuse that to the max. Curse is a horrible option since the opponent can just switch out and laugh while you squander half of your health for nothing. Use Substitute in that slot. It eases prediction and can be downright annoying when Gengar is played correctly.

Garchomp is banned if you're following Smogon's tier list (PC does). So I suggest finding something that can go over Garchomp.

Use Nasty Plot over Sunny Day on Infernape. This is the classic MixApe of Gen 4 that can rip apart unprepared teams given a chance to set up. Also, use a Naive nature as to not weaken Close Combat.

TheMysteryEgg

Pokemon Breeder and Fuzer
Years
Hey, I'm trying to form a competitive team [first time :p] and wondering if there is anyway to improve it, thanks!
Infernape [Timid] Mixed Sweeper, need a new move to take over sunny day
-Flamethrower
-Grass Knot
-Close Combat
-Sunny Day

I suggest you change Grass Knot to SolarBeam, Grass Knot is good but for the lighter water types and such, it isn't too effective. But if you use SolarBeam, you can use Sunny Day and then SolarBeam to make a great combo as SolarBeam won't need to charge in Sunny conditions.

Perriechu

i make this look easy tik-tik boom like gasoline-y
Years
I suggest you change Grass Knot to SolarBeam, Grass Knot is good but for the lighter water types and such, it isn't too effective. But if you use SolarBeam, you can use Sunny Day and then SolarBeam to make a great combo as SolarBeam won't need to charge in Sunny conditions.

Grass Knot is a must, those "light" waters can be dealt with by Close Combat. Sunny Day is only useful for powering up Flamethrower, Nasty Plot gives you a permanent +2 on your special attack, Nasty Plot is way better than sunny day.

dreyko

Isolated System.
Years
i suggest putting mach punch on infernape because a priority move is always nice. you could get that last hit in before you faint if the opponent is faster than you or you could get a nice revenge kill off. and i would go with grass knot over solar beam because it hits right away so there is no charge time.

i hope i helped a little =)

Back