• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokemon FireRed: Total Recall - Update #2 [Pokedex Updated and Typings Revealed!]

What typing should the "???" undecided Evolution line be?

• pure Dark

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Water / Dark

Votes: 2 9.1%
  • Water / Ground

Votes: 4 18.2%
  • Electric / Dark

Votes: 7 31.8%
  • Electric / Ghost

Votes: 5 22.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Okay, I've just updated the Pokedex! Enjoy, and please post if you have any questions or suggestions!

Years
Man, this hack's fakemon look amazing! I like the fact there is a heap of fire pokemon for starters and the metamorph evolution is extremely cool. It seems interesting and i look forward to this hack going further. Hopefully you can finish it. Good luck.

digimonqueen

Draco Malfoy's Girlfriend
Years
i LOVE fakemon hacks. do you know when the first release is gonna be? if not, just take your time. good hacks shouldn't be rushed. it'll make them look bad. yours looks AWESOME.

Years
I was just wondering if you were also going to edit the overworld player sprite at all?
Too give it a bit of a foreign feel with the fakemon

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I was just wondering if you were also going to edit the overworld player sprite at all?
Too give it a bit of a foreign feel with the fakemon

That is a possibility, but that wouldnt be done for a while to be honest. We're just concentrating on the Pokemon and trainers at the moment.

Southueki

Writer
Years
  • Seen Dec 29, 2014
That is a possibility, but that wouldnt be done for a while to be honest. We're just concentrating on the Pokemon and trainers at the moment.

I like the way this is developing. I think some fakemon could use a little work, some polishing. Especially the starters, since they are so important

But mostly they look great :)

Looking forward to this

BCTElite

Be still, my heart 'cause it's freakin' out
Years
I love fakemon hacks!
I would make one but i cant do spriting, but you seem to be really good at it!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
New Update!

A few pokemon have been added to the Dex, but the main reason for this update is that I have now revealed the typings of all of the Pokemon! Enjoy!

Years
I'm liking the fire/ice typing. Just wondering how well that will work.

Also i'm guessing the legenday trio are fighting/ types?

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Indeed they are, but none of them are the same typings as the fighting legendary musketeers so they are quite unique ;)

As for Fire/Ice, well thanks, I've done this hack with a mind towards showcasing the potential for many as-of-yet unused typings. Not all Pokemon have competitively-minded stats, obviously, but the majority of pokemon are useful or effective in their own way ;) Obviously, certain pokemon such as the legendaries, pseudo-legendary, Gyarados' replacement, and the starters have great all-round stat with their best stats being fantastic, but even the lower-stat Pokemon like the early flying types have moves and stat distributions that allow them to be useful for the majority of the game (like Fearow was useful despite being low stats overall, etc).

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Okay, I've added a poll which I would like as many people to vote on as possible. There are a few typings I would like to add into the game but only one evolutionary line left to replace, and you guys can decide what typing from the listed options you would prefer to see in game! Note that it will be able to be captured very early on.

EDIT: A new feature has been added! I am implementing new moves into the game (using the A-Tack tool). If someone has an idea for a move they want to see in the hack, drop a comment here and tell me and if I can put it in, I will! ;)

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
I just found this, its awesome. I love your fakemons.

Haha, well thank you! We're working hard so I feel that we can have a beta out, with all sprites inserted into the game, some time in May - though if you're lucky it may actually come sooner! It all depends on how quickly we can get back sprites done, which are surprisingly difficult to get right because of the odd perspective. Once all the front sprites are done, I'd estimate we can have a beta out about 6 weeks later. ;) The most time-consuming part of all of this, is that for every major change I make I have to play-test through a good portion of the game to make sure I haven't made anything unintentionally weak or broken, such as a particular Pokemon, basic trainer or Gym Leader; i'm currently playing through it for the third time, which isn't easy when a lot of original sprites such as Grime and Pikachu are still in it!

And as a side note, I have taken the liberty of changing a few crappy TMs such as Roar, Secret Power and Attract into actually useful moves. The list of new TMs can be seen on the OP, and i've made sure that the list of Pokemon that can learn these moves is suitable for them. Enjoy!

Years
  • Seen Mar 24, 2022
Only 6 days left to vote for the pokemon type you want! If you like, you can PM me suggestions for the names of the winning typing too, though I'd probably have to change my designs a little.

Ivee

Ask me about Trailblazer :3
Years
  • Seen May 22, 2019
With the boasts of high quality sprites, I wasn't expecting so many edits of original sprites :/. There's also some style inconsistency, for example, Duragon looks like it's from a completely different game. Mysticrash looks odd, its shading style looks like it's an enlarged sprite. Velocivex is a hugely blatant fusion of Persian and Entei.

Really, I know making over a hundred sprites it hard (I have made over 60 fakemon sprites, most of them having backsprites and shiny forms), but put more effort into each of them! It will be time consuming and may take over a year (in my case, 3 years), but it will be so worth it! I want to see more fakemon in hacks.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
With the boasts of high quality sprites, I wasn't expecting so many edits of original sprites :/. There's also some style inconsistency, for example, Duragon looks like it's from a completely different game. Mysticrash looks odd, its shading style looks like it's an enlarged sprite. Velocivex is a hugely blatant fusion of Persian and Entei.

Really, I know making over a hundred sprites it hard (I have made over 60 fakemon sprites, most of them having backsprites and shiny forms), but put more effort into each of them! It will be time consuming and may take over a year (in my case, 3 years), but it will be so worth it! I want to see more fakemon in hacks.

I understand what your saying, especially with velocivex but there are only 3 of them which are original pokemon as base sprites (excluding Velocivex). with "inconsistent" styling the whole point for certain pokemon is for them to look different, there is back story behind each pokemon in the dex explaining why they are what they are and with duragon, I spent a couple of weeks getting it right and its one of the 3 that has an orginal pokemon as a base sprite. by saying it looks like it looks like its from a different game doesnt really make sense being that this is a fakemon hack. Also unfortunately there is a limit to the amount of colours per sprite and so because of the gem and the wings and horns there were more than the alotted amount so i had to change a few things to make it be accepted by the program.
on another note you said you have made may sprites, have you put them in a hack? would love to see them and play through with those sprites

Back