• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokémon 3D

What region do you want to see in pokemon3D?

• Kanto/Johto

Votes: 15 46.9%
  • New region

Votes: 7 21.9%
  • Both

Votes: 10 31.3%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Welcome to Pokémon in the 3rd Dimension!

pkmn3dlogo4.png

(sry for double posting - apparently this should be in this forum)

Hi guys i'm here to tell you about my new WIP game - Pokémon3D.
Pokémon3D is a brand new game for PC built entirely in a 3D environment. Myself and the Pokémon3D team are adding new storylines, new characters and loads of new features.
Explore different towns and cities on your journey to becoming a pokémon master! Features include...

>> Full 3D real-time battles!
>> Pokémon can now learn 6 moves!
>> New attacks and new items!
>> Online multiplayer battling/trading with a dedicated
pokémon3D server (Still to be announced)!
>> Built-in trading cards and other bonuses!

Here is a screeny>>(dnt worry! Not final! Re-modelling and Re-texturing in progress.)

pokemonbattle.png

We are still currently working on V3 of Pokémon3D and hopefully will have a demo out by September. Here is a sneak-peek of the story/map. I dont want to give it all away because it is still being modifyed and i dont want to reveal any secrets.

Sundale Village - Home town

Here lives prof chesnut, the player and the players rival. There is an ancient ruins nearby up the top of the hill with an ancient shrine. There is a wall where it speaks about raising the ultimate pokemon. A round hole is cut in the wall.

Routes 1 - 5

Here you will meet a couple of trainers and quite a few grass pokémon. There is a day-care centre here where you can take your pokémon. This leads to Rosebush Town.

Rosebush Town

Basic town (not very big). Has a pokecentre and a pokemart. No Gym. A couple of resident houses. Surrounded by water on 1 side. A great spot for fishing - if you have a rod that is, LOL!

Routes 6 - 11
Leads to thistle Garden.

Thistle Garden

A grass and bug pokemon inhabited area where pokemon come to pollinate and mate. Here are lots of berry's and acorns. There is a giant maze which reveals a secret in the middle.

We plan to feature 20-25 pokemon in the Sep Demo. We are using C/C++ and the battle system will be fully functional. I think allowing pokemon to learn 6 moves is better than previous games. We are still working on devloping new items and attacks. Also new HMs and TMs and currently being developed. Also the engine we are using can handle anything up to 200,000 polys per scene and works very well even on out-dated hardware and systems, so hopefully no lag.

I will post more screenies later but if u have any ideas you want to submit then reply here or visit the pokémon3D Forums...

Last edited by a moderator:
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
it looks nice though, i think the 3D rendering in the screenshot above is nice. interesting, i'd like to see more..

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Just so you know, linking to other forums is against the rules. You can still place the link in your signature.

ok thanks for the advice. I dont see why though, that "No linking" rule sucks in my opinion. Its not like i'm stealing ppl away from the forums or anything - i've just got more stuff on the Pokémon3D forum.

Last edited:

theotherfreakyguy

aka Satan
Years
This looks cool! I'm hoping my graphic card supports it! I've wanted a 3D Classic Pokemon adventure for a long time. BTW, I'm running ATI Radeon. Is that good enough?

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
This looks cool! I'm hoping my graphic card supports it! I've wanted a 3D Classic Pokemon adventure for a long time. BTW, I'm running ATI Radeon. Is that good enough?

Should be plenty - the engine we use works great even in old hardware. One of the test rigs is a intel Pentium 4 with on-board 64MB graphics.

exteradude

Wow... your game is great! I haven't checked the site yet, but the game seems very good! I can't think of the words to decribe how great the game will be. By the features and the graphics, I would say, by the first look, this game will be great. Great work!

Fangking Omega

Acanthite founder
Years
Whooaaa....

If this one gets of the ground, it WILL be the biggest thing here without a doubt. What I see on the forum is very promising indeed!

Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
it would be great, but starting a pokemon game is no where near a finished pokemon game. it takes time and patience, so hopefully you and your team HAVE both.

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Thanks for all your comments and encouragement guys. We hope to have a demo out around Sep/Oct. We are having a couple of glitches at the moment but nothing too serious.

exteradude

If I can help... I have a set of textures that you can use... its from the 3D Gamemaker I have yet to install, with some good textures for human characters. If I can, I'll try to copy it, but first I'll have to check with the 3DGM lisence, to see if I can even use the models freely. If I can, I could send some to you.

Just ask and I'll help :P (If I can, though)

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
If I can help... I have a set of textures that you can use... its from the 3D Gamemaker I have yet to install, with some good textures for human characters. If I can, I'll try to copy it, but first I'll have to check with the 3DGM lisence, to see if I can even use the models freely. If I can, I could send some to you.

Just ask and I'll help :P (If I can, though)

Thanks for your offer but i also own 3DGM, lol, so i already have them if i need them. Besides we are going for a more original approach.

exteradude

Awesome! I still wonder how to make a game with it in multiple levels, but this isn't the place to ask.

Anyway, will the game have a good story?

nrox653

What should I put here...
Years
Just a quick question. Is the game being developed from scratch or are you guys using some 3D game development program? Because it'd be awesome if you were just programming it from complete scratch!

I can't wait for this game to be released!

DJB MASTER

Pokémon3D Team
Years
Just a quick question. Is the game being developed from scratch or are you guys using some 3D game development program? Because it'd be awesome if you were just programming it from complete scratch!

I can't wait for this game to be released!

In terms of creating stuff from scratch...

We are creating all media (models,music,gfx) ourself.
The 3D engine we are using is simple just a 3D renderer but we have to write all the code from scratch, yes.

In terms of storyline its not going to be like the classical Gameboy games. It will be quite unpredictable with a couple of suprises that havent been seen before. Like i said before we are still refining the storyline.

Back