• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

☣ Toxic ☣ - The Poison Type Fanclub

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Hi Teezee, welcome to the club! Great to have you here. ^^ I couldn't have recommended a better Poison Pokemon to start with, Grimer is the best in my mind! And Roselia is utterly lovely and a huge pleasure to use; although I can't help but prefer Roserade ^^

New topic: 'If you could transform into a Poison type Pokemon, which would you choose?'

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Definately not swalot xD;

Probably Gengar, because not only is it an extremely strong pokemon when trainer and given the right moves but I love it's ability to move through things. x)

miltankRancher

Mega Ampharos is the one.
Years
hi there teezee! :)

anyway, on topic. There are many poison types I would love to transform too, barring Garbodor. I love to transform to Nidoking for sheer awesomeness. To crobat for the power of stealth and speed and flight. For Gengar for a ghsotly experience. To Scolipede for sheer weight.

But srsly, i would go with Crobat.

Snivy063

Banned
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jul 16, 2012
I would love to transform into a Bellsprout, haha

It's so clumsy and weird which makes it really soft and cute, just adorable. N'aaaw <3

miltankRancher

Years
remember jeanette fisher's bellsprout from first gen? I would not call that clumsy, but boy, it was strong! It managed to defeat Pikachu!

Avishka

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Nov 13, 2019
Which Poison type do you find scariest?'
Drapion,Arbok and Gengar
Spoiler:

Olli

I am still bathing in a summer's afterglow
Years

New topic: 'If you could transform into a Poison type Pokemon, which would you choose?'
Hmm, this is indeed a hard choice. There are so many Pokémon that I would like to become if I actually had the ability to turn into one, even with the few Poison types there are it's still a hard choice.

In the end I think I'd have to go with Grimer/Muk. The handiness of having a liquified body is something I'd like to experience, where it would make it possible to fit through narrow spaces and stuff, and it would just be generally awesome. And when it comes to battles, neither of them are exactly weak, which is a great bonus if you'd have to end up battling :p

miltankRancher

Years
I think that's awesome, but flight is speed is a better ability. You make pranks, then you fly as hell breaks loose.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Oo, great choices all around! I'm not sure I'd want to be Grimer/Muk though, or even Bellsprout. Despite all being some of my favourites, they have a huge problem with mobility! They can't even jump D: I think I'd want to be a Scollipede. Think of the sheer power and stature you'd have! Also if you wanted to get around quick, just use Steam Roller :D

New topic: 'Which Poison type move is your favourite and why?'

For me, it's a cross between four moves. Poison Jab, Sludge Bomb, Toxic and Acid Spray. Poison Jab and Sludge Bomb are both very powerful moves often causing great STAB damage and even with a chance to cause poisoning; these seem good in my books! Then there's toxic. An utterly unique move supplying so many useful strategies and coming in useful in almost every situation. It's a shame it doesn't work against Steel types! Then the other move, Acid Spray, is possible the most useful of all. With only 30 base power it isn't exactly a great damaging move, but it sure has a useful secondary effect! Always lowering the foe's special defense by two whole stages whilst also causing damage is invaluable. It means you can really cause some devastation, even with some pretty weak attacks!

miltankRancher

Years
On topic:

I think mine would be a triple tie between Sludge Bomb, Cross Poison, and Toxic Spikes.

Sludge Bomb, because it's animation on Gen II is just so good. :)

Cross Poison because Crobat for the win.

Toxic Spikes because I love them entry hazards.

Olli

Years

New topic: 'Which Poison type move is your favourite and why?'
Hmm, this is hard to say. Back in the first games I really hated Poison type moves and I never had any Poison type Pokémon, so I never really got used to them. I got some Poison type Pokémon in later games though and if I'd have to choose between their moves, it'd probably be either Sludge or Toxic. I know that Sludge in itself is a really strong move and can be a real pain in the butt with its possible effect of poisoning ones Pokémon, so naturally it's a great move to have yourself. Toxic instantly poisons the foe and its damage keeps increasing during every turn it's in effect, so it's great to use against stronger opponents that could take some time to beat, though it's really annoying to be fighting against, naturally. A last move would probably be Poison Jab, though. I don't know very much about the move itself, since I first learned about it while playing PO. It was perfect with my Ursaring, and often damaged my opponents a lot, but I don't really know anything about the move itself. >_<

miltankRancher

Years
Hmm, this is hard to say. Back in the first games I really hated Poison type moves and I never had any Poison type Pokémon, so I never really got used to them. I got some Poison type Pokémon in later games though and if I'd have to choose between their moves, it'd probably be either Sludge or Toxic. I know that Sludge in itself is a really strong move and can be a real pain in the butt with its possible effect of poisoning ones Pokémon, so naturally it's a great move to have yourself. Toxic instantly poisons the foe and its damage keeps increasing during every turn it's in effect, so it's great to use against stronger opponents that could take some time to beat, though it's really annoying to be fighting against, naturally. A last move would probably be Poison Jab, though. I don't know very much about the move itself, since I first learned about it while playing PO. It was perfect with my Ursaring, and often damaged my opponents a lot, but I don't really know anything about the move itself. >_<

Poison Jab i actually a really good move on Ursaring (who have a very limited movepool IIRC) I used Poison Jab once on Infernape, and boy, it felt redundant.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Poison Jab i actually a really good move on Ursaring (who have a very limited movepool IIRC) I used Poison Jab once on Infernape, and boy, it felt redundant.

Hehe! Poison Jab is also an amazing move for Sandshrew to use (just throwing it out there ;D). It's one of the strongest it gets and after a few attack boosts it really does some good damage! Plus the chance for poisoning is never looked down on ;D

miltankRancher

Years
Poison is good! The chance of slowly damaging your opponent is very good! But there are by far, more powerful poison type moves out there than PJ.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Poison is good! The chance of slowly damaging your opponent is very good! But there are by far, more powerful poison type moves out there than PJ.

That's true! Wasn't there a Poison version of Fire Blast introduced in Gen V for Trubbish/Garbodor? Something like Gunk Shot or Gunk Blast? :s If so, that could be a great move to try out using!

miltankRancher

Years
Hmm.. a Fire Blast poison variant? Maybe you meant a Flamethrower variant. Sludge wave is a pretty cool move, with base power of 90 and almost perfect accuracy (at 100). Also, it could damage all Pokemon in range, which is pretty awesome because it could deal damage to two pokemon in one-hit. Sludge Wave is a better Sludge Bomb. :) pretty neat.

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
can I also join? If so I'd like an arbok but as pokemon lady has got one I'd be fine with ekans if need be.
my reason for joining is that I love most poison types. My goal on fire red was beat the game by being the ultimate poison type trainer. Which I did.
Current question question is eight.
My favourate 'blob' family is grimer-muk. Mainly for nostalger but muk has helped me out a few times.

That picture of Garbodor makes me like it more now :)

Olli

Years
Hmm.. a Fire Blast poison variant? Maybe you meant a Flamethrower variant. Sludge wave is a pretty cool move, with base power of 90 and almost perfect accuracy (at 100). Also, it could damage all Pokemon in range, which is pretty awesome because it could deal damage to two pokemon in one-hit. Sludge Wave is a better Sludge Bomb. :) pretty neat.
I think that he was talking about the move Gunk Shot, which I think was introduced in generation 5. I don't actually know that much about the move, other than it's a very strong move and that I mistakenly said "Poison Jab" in my previous post, when I actually meant Gunk Shot. xP

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
Squirrel
[supporter]Squirrel[/supporter]
Squirrel
Squirrel
Squirrel
Squirrel

AlexOzzyCake
[supporter]AlexOzzyCake[/supporter]
AlexOzzyCake
AlexOzzyCake
AlexOzzyCake
AlexOzzyCake

Ryudo
[supporter]Ryudo[/supporter]
Ryudo
Ryudo
Ryudo
Ryudo

OzzyCake
[supporter]OzzyCake[/supporter]
OzzyCake
OzzyCake
OzzyCake
OzzyCake

Spoiler:

Last edited:

arbok

cobra pokemon
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Mar 10, 2013
I've never owned Gulpin/Swalot so I'm unsure of a lot of their skills. In fact, the most I remember of Gulpin is using him to swallow foes in Super Smash bros: brawl along with his role in mystery dungeon.
Design-wise, like most poison types, I like it. I always thought it was one of the best evolutions because it looked a lot like it's pre-evolved form but it was clearly much stronger. Compare it to ones like Jigglypuff who doesn't look much tougher if any when it evolves or Magikarp who hardly looks like its next form at all.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back