• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen What do you think of the New Characters?

Which of Elesa's looks do you like more?

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 13, 2024
You can clearly tell from my theme who's my favorite. :PP

These characters completely rejuvenate my desire to play Pokémon and have made me pick up my DS and finally get around through playing play through #6 or whatever it was of my White version.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen today
I love the new gym leaders.

I hate the male and female protagonists.

I like the professor guy and the rival.

Yoshikko

the princess has awoken while the prince sleeps on
Years
  • Seen Apr 27, 2020

Is it weird that I actually love his hair? To be honest, I think he looks better than Hilbert.

But ugh, seeing all of these new characters makes me want the games. Right. Now. !!
No I agree with you on that it looks better than Hilbert's haha (how much does that say about his hair then lol). I can see myself liking it in some time though, just needs some getting used to and I know because I already liked them when I saw them, more than the BW protags.

And I DON'T like Homika, I don't get what the craze is over her.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020

Nice catch, I felt a bit the same, I'm suspicious of him.

Though, my reason was originally his hair. xD;

Professor aside, I love the new characters.
For me it was the clothes behind his coat. It looks awfully similar to Team Plasma's clothing style.

I love the new gym leaders.

I hate the male and female protagonists.

I like the professor guy and the rival.
Aw, but the protagonists look so awesome! Why do you hate them?

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I thought he was evil mainly because of the peacock thing, no normal character would have a peacock growth coming out of his head. :x I also think the rival is slightly evil too but mainly because I don't like how he looks.

Bluerang1

pin pin
Years
I for one love the researcher. I like the mysterious aura he has, the wacky slick streak and the electric blue of his undershirt. My favorite character so far.

BryGuy Shinigami

Psychic Pokemon Prophet
Years
The female: At first I didn't like her cause I wanted Hilda to be the girl for the sequel, but now the new girl grew on me. I didn't like Hilda at first cause I was on the Lyra band wagon, but I grew to like Hilda. Lyra is still my favorite Protagonist (male or female), but Hilda and new girl (who I call Serena cause of Sailor Moon) are also awesome.

The male: He looks cool, like someone said earlier, he looks like Hilbert's son, but I already assume the new protagonists are younger relatives to Hilda/Hilbert like younger siblings or younger cousins. He seems like his sprite would be nice.

The rival: His hair is definitely neat, kinda have a cool-fro going on. Plus his smirk look makes him look tough and cool. I approve of him.

The chick with the bass: She is rocking a bass so that's a plus. Plus she has the punk rock look going on. I am not sure if she is also a rival or whatever, but I like her style.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
One thing I can say about all of the new characters:
...the hair...is so ridiculous.
But, I love the designs so far. The girl is cute, the guy is cute, the rival looks cool, the supposed evil team looks neat, and the professor is cool looking.

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
To be honest, I'm really loving the direction of the style new characters are being brought into. The hair isn't that crazy! It's like a trend set for Unova and I like it, haha. :J

They match what they represent. Or at least, their clothes/facial expressions give off impressions very well.

Years
  • Age 32
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 17, 2023
I like the look of the new characters so far!

From the trailer it looks like the Protagonist as well as that researcher guy are sort of celebrities? Going by their appearance on stage in front of hundreds of people, which would be interesting.

Years
  • Seen Jan 13, 2013
Gotta admit, boy character's hair doesn't look that bad after seeing gameplay in trailer. His hair in sprite reminds me of Brendan's cap in sprite because it looks kinda like white hair.

Years
  • Seen Dec 21, 2014
Characters are pretty cool but I dislike how with every new generation the legendaries start to look so similar to the previous, and they all have this metallic look they don't even remind me of pokemon anymore.
Miss the old articuno/zapdos/moltres days :'(

blue

gucci
Years
They could have done a better job on a couple of them I'll admit but it won't put me off playing the games, I'll just play the female protagonist.

Elite Overlord LeSabre™

On that 'Non stop road'
Years
The female protagonist is awesome. Leggings + skirt = win. Looks like Pokemon's finally making a return to form with well-designed trainers. The guy looks kind of meh, but then again they've never looked all that appealing to me.

Really though, the new girl could give Leaf a run for her money for the title of "My Favorite Pokemon Character." And coming from me, that really means something.

Amazing how she alone suddenly has me a LOT more excited for B2/W2.

Last edited:

newmexico

College Student
Years
I like the new boy's design a bit better than ol' Hilbert's, but the girl... what is she wearing?? I mean, it's cute, but it's so impractical. Gamefreak adds more ice to Unova...and then decide that the girl needs a short skirt? (Slightly better than Dawn, I guess. At least she has tights.) I guess it doesn't matter because it's just a game and no one has to actually climb mountains, walk through tall grass, or worry about their rival seeing up their skirt... but still.

And the new gym leader has some intense pants going on...

All in all, I always feel like the updated games are just a new way to get money out of us...and sadly, they probably willl get money out of me. I'm sure the games will be as fun as any of the previous ones. :)

Railgun

Ever Day Another New Adventure
Years
I'm sick of people calling the male gay and girl looking. I mean have people not watched anime or played games? lots of boys look girly and nobody jumps on them for it.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back