• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Did you nickname your starter?

Did you nickname your starter pokemon?

• Yes i gave it a sexy name! XD

Votes: 7 58.3%
  • Nope all my pokemon have boring names XD

Votes: 5 41.7%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Shiny_Flareon

The One Whom Smells Like Soap!
Years
Hey! I want to know who nicknamed their starter pokemon.
I nicknamed my turtwig twiggy, i nicked my bulbasaur Black, And my torchick was uhh... Torchick XD.

Hooh

Only if for a night.
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
Never did, I was dumb little child and didn't care about nicknames.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I never really nickname my Pokemon, because I am bad in this kind of things.

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
I did <3, I love giving my Pokemon nicknames that are cute and simple :3. If I remember correctly, I called my Turtwig Basil and my Totodile Jaws <33.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023
Infernape - Razu. Named it after a friend of mine
Empoleon - Genis. named it after a character in Tales of Symphonia
Torterra - Tiny. Named it that because... well Oxymoron or whatever.
Feraligatr - Cooly. For Nostaglia.

Never got a Typhosion or Meganium as starters for this generation. Or at least as my very first Pokemon.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
I only nickname starters if I already have an idea for the name, or I am going to use it in game. If not, I usually just give it its normal name.

Years
I nickname during my play through of games. (:

My starter in HeartGold was a Chikorita named Mint. ^_^

CourageHound

Trust & Courage. Nothing More
Years
I always name my starter(all of my pokemon really), it feels right that way. I named my chimchar Cinder.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 30, 2024
Pengu the Piplup, because penguins.
And Cutey the Chikorita, because that's what I named my Chikorita in Crystal!

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
No. I never nickname my Pokemons, only Pikachu, if I get one I nickname him Pika xD.

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
I never ever used to name my Pokemon, but now I'm obsessed with nicknames! They have to have them, even if they're the dumbest most boring names you can imagine.

I haven't played through any Gen IV games in quite a while (though I want to do Diamond Version really soon), where I'll definitely pick Piplup and perhaps name it... Sashimi? I named my Samurott that in Gen V and loved it, it goes excellent with most Water-types cx

In HGSS I always pick Chikorita, and I almost always end up nicknaming it the stereotypical Sakura, which is perfect for Meganium!

Back