• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Blastoise Keldeo Black Kyurem (BKB) deck for States. Please Help!

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Alright, guys. Here's my new BKB list. Honestly it looks kind of tight, but if the 3rd place finisher from masters in California placed with 10 water energy, I can do with 11. :D So here goes!!

Pokémon: 14

4-0-3 Blastoise
3 Keldeo-EX
2 Black Kyurem-EX
1 Baby Keldeo (Hydro Pump)

Supporters/Trainers: 32

4 Professor Juniper
4 Skyla
3 Colress
2 Cilan
2 Cheren/N
3 Ultra Ball
1 Computer Search
4 Pokemon Catcher
4 Rare Candy
4 Energy Retrieval
1 Super Rod
1 Heavy Ball

Energy: 14

11 Water
3 Lightning

I'm really worried about my matchup against Klingklang decks. Would you guys advise I add in a victini & prism energy, baby Keldeo or Kyurem promo?

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
Hey man how's it going?

I notice that you haven't included Tropical Beach? Very understandable as it is crazy expensive! But anyway I'll post a couple of lists, one with Tropical Beach and one without! This way you can compare them too your own and hopefully they will help you! :)

(Understand I build my decks around consistency levels more than anything else!)

Blastoise/ Keldeo EX/ BKEX

[With Tropical Beach]

Pokémon:
4 - Squirtle
3 - Blastoise
3 - Keldeo EX
1 - Black Kyurem EX
1 - Keldeo (BC47)
= 12

Supporter:
4 - Juniper
4 - Skyla
3 - N
2 - Bianca 
1 - Colress
= 14

Stadium:
2 - Tropical Beach
= 2

Trainer:
4 - Rare Candy
4 - Ultra Ball
4 - Energy Retrieval 
3 - Pokémon Catcher
1 - Heavy Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Computer Search - ACE SPEC
= 18

Energy:
11 - Basic Water
3 - Basic Lightning
= 14

Deck Total = 60

[Without Tropical Beach]

Pokémon: 
4 - Squirtle
3 - Blastoise
3 - Keldeo EX
1 - Black Kyurem EX
1 - Keldeo (BC47)
= 12

Supporter:
4 - Juniper
4 - N
3 - Skyla
3 - Bianca
1 - Colress
= 15

Trainer:
4 - Rare Candy
4 - Ultra Ball
4 - Energy Retrieval
3 - Pokémon Catcher
1 - Heavy Ball
1 - Level Ball
1 - Super Rod
1 - Computer Search - ACE SPEC
= 19

Energy:
11 - Basic Water
3 - Basic Lightning
= 14

Deck Total: 60

Peace bro! Hope I've helped!

Years
Victini would be problematic on your end against anything but Klinklang, and it's still a pretty easy KO for Klinklang with only 60 HP. I'm inclined to agree with ZF_Goku about adding in Keldeo as a tech against Klinklang, as it's very versatile and can easily 1HKO any Sigilyph you encounter as well instead of leaving Blastoise active.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Haha thanks guys. Yes, the Beach probably will be too expensive. I liked both of your lists, except I really hate N compared to Colress, so I have 2 N and 3 Colress instead. I'm noticing that I'm having a lot of trouble getting Blastoise out T2-3. What should I add? More draw power, more trainers, more Blastoise?? And about ZF_Goku's lists... do the single heavy ball, level ball, and super rod actually work for you?

Years
Either

-1 Energy Retrieval
+1 Heavy Ball/Ultra Ball

This might make energy recovery hard late game.

or

-1 Mewtwo EX
+1 Heavy Ball/Ultra Ball

But this would make it hard to beat Garbodor.

Alternatively:

-1 Rare Candy
+1 Heavy Ball/Ultra Ball

Reduces your Rare Candy odds in exchange for having a Blastoise in hand.

Years
With Heavy Ball, I could just run a 4th Blastoise, considering its the only heavy pokemon in the deck. (i dont have a 4th ultra ball) :(

Ultra Ball would probably be the best option, but with Heavy Ball instead of Blastoise, you can fetch a Heavy Ball with Skyla, though there are probably far better uses for a Skyla than a Heavy Ball for a Blastoise.

Years
  • Seen Dec 2, 2015
The Single Heavy Ball is a staple IMO. It plays a more important role than even that of a 4th Catcher! Crazy?! No. Due to the fact that Heavy Ball can be searched for by Skyla. Gives you the option to search for Blastoise without having to use an Ultra Ball, which can sometimes leave you with a tricky situation on T2 as by using Ultra Ball you may Infact have to discard a card in your hand you need! For instance a Supporter card, or that 1 extra energy required to attack on T2 with Keldeo EX. Or even maybe a Catcher, or the worst case, the Rare Candy you need to evolve the Blastoise your wanting to search for! Skyla - Heavy Ball / Rare Candy for your T2 Blastoise is a great asset to have. Ok sometimes Heavy Ball may be prised and you'll have to Ultra Ball but I think it's better to have the option of the Heavy Ball. Especially because it can also search for Black Kyurem EX! Basically Heavy Ball frees the deck up a little by giving you direct access to both Blastoise and BKEX pretty much when you need it! (if you have a Skyla in your hand when you do lol)

Super Rod is a staple in this deck for one reason. That is the same reason it's included in almost every Blastoise Deck. Which is to get the Blastoise's you may of had to discard in the early game back into your deck! Not Energy... It's more of an insurance card really... You also might find in the early game you'd rather discard Black Kyurem EX if you've drawn it, instead of benching it! (I'm talking T1/T2 here)

The Level ball Simply adds to the odds of benching a Squirtle on T1. But that's a list I don't use, only a suggestion if you can't afford Tropical Beach.

N is greater than colress in the early game, the consistency of colress isn't good enough. That's why I run only 1 because it's amazing from the mid to late game! It's up to you obviously, it's your deck! I'm not trying to tell you what to do. I think 1 copy of colress is viable, possibly 2 but not 3!

I hope I've helped you!

Peace bro

Years
You mean adding two in? I'd consider dropping those Cilan if you're trying to add Tool Scrapper in. Or maybe drop a Cilan and a Catcher for Tool Scrapper.

Those are just my suggestions. Trying to minimize the impact on consistency and versatility.

Haxorus3465

Turn Down For What
Years
Yeah, I was testing it out with a friend that made top 4 at regionals, and decided I'd do this instead:

-1 Baby Keldeo
-1 Water
-1 Lightning

+1 Moltres ND
+2 Prism Energy

I had totally forgotten about Moltres. It can one shot Cobalion-EX, Plasmaklang, AND Sigyliph. I think this'll be a worthy addition to my deck.

FurretFTW!!1!

/me lieks Mightyena, too.
Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2023
I would say, with four Skyla, playing a Level Ball in here to make Skyla a productive card in the early game is a safe idea. Also, playing Mewtwo EX is a safe addition here as it's still a good card in general. The Baby Keldeo, as you call it, seems to lack the power that it needs to in order to perform well in a deck. Replacing two energy with Prism and playing Victini is probably the safest choice to make to play your best versus different variants of Klinklang. Also, be wary of Garbodor, so a single Tool Scrapper could likely grant you a large enough turn to set up a strong field. Bianca is the supporter of choice over Cheren because you have a lot of control over your hand size with Deluge. Also, fewer Colress seems like a safe idea because you seem to not be able to focus on filling up your bench early enoug to reap the benefits of three Colress with this deck. Two seems to open up more room and saves you from potential bad supporter situations. Other than that, I lack the experience to suggest much more in this deck and the funding to provide you with Tropical Beach.

Also, please save your Darkrai EX while at the event. Though I won't be there, I'd like to trade for them when I see you next.

Last edited:
Back