• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

4th Gen Favourite 4th Generation Legendary

Years
Drakrai | This pokemon is insanely awesome because of the power of ghost :)
Dialga | This pokemon has a good demands and one of most powerful pokemon in the universe.

curiousnathan

Starry-eyed
Years
Oh wow, I can't believe I didn't respond to this earlier.

WELL, my favourite legendary (or should I say legendaries) at the moment would be Entei, Suicune and Raiku as well as Ho-oh and Lugia. They're such enchanting and mystic Pokemon that I just can't help loving them.

Deceit

Toxic.
Years
Wait is this like 4th generation Pokemon(DPP), or from any games in the 4th gen? Meh, whatever.

From the 4th Gen itself: I really like Darkrai, not just because of its design but because of its mysterious background and event (that locked house in Canalave City always bugged me). Another favorite is Heatran, because of its unique typing and capabilities in battle.

From other 4th gen games: As said before, I really like Ho-oh because of its great design. Although Lugia is very close too, I love both of them. As for the legendary dogs, I prefer Raikou as its the one I remember using a lot in previous games, so I eventually formed a bond with it.

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Apr 6, 2024
MY favorite 4th legendary is Dialga, I simply like that dragon pokemon, with an interesting type and moveset. (also both colorations).

blue

gucci
Years
There is a lot to choose from, but my favourite three of Sinnoh are Dialga, Palkia and Cresselia. The fourth generation definitely introduced some awesome legendary Pokémon, maybe a little too many but they're still pretty cool.

ObnoxiousOboe

The Musical Psychic
Years
My favorite legendaries from the Gen 4 games are Dialga, Regigas, Ho-oh, Suicune, and Celebi.

The legendary music for both game series are something else. The legendary beast music for Gen 2/4 is one of my favorite video game pieces.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Dialgia, Arcues, And every legendary but actually Dialgia is in first. Because of its unique design shape and history it can control the time. And also had a great entrance in Diamond in the sky piller event.

Years
Dialga is my fave overall 4th Gen Legendary, like many have already mentioned. I love its blue color scheme and it has a pretty cool type combination as well, which I recall off the top of my head has just two weaknesses. Its Roar of Time is even more beautiful in the anime.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I'm a huge fan of the Lake Trio Pokemon, Azelf, Uxie, and Mesprit. Those are like, the only legendaries that I like in 4th generation alone. :x

Years
I like all of them but my favorite has got to be Giratina and Heatran

Giratina - Banished because of its violence... Cool.
Heatran - Good typing, looks good. In Lumiose City Jaune Plaza, two people were talking about rumors of a Lava Dome Pokemon in the said plaza.

Silhouette

On my way to Viridian City ♪
Years
Heatran and Giratina are pretty cool. I like that a lot of the legendaries in D/P/Pt aren't necessarily ubers, like Regigigas and Heatran. But I think I like Azelf the most. Nothing like using Explosion with a little elf thing.

CelticsPhan

Get Poke'd
Years
Favorite Uber Legendary: Dialga
Favorite Non-Uber Legendary: Azelf

Dialga is a really cool Legendary. It looks so chiseled and ancient. The design fits its description as a "deity" Pokemon because of its statue-like appearance. It is sharp in design and in battle. Dialga is a perfect Steel/Dragon mix, the two most overpowered types in the metagame. This Legendary holds its own in Ubers because of that typing, defense and attack power. A deadly combination.

Azelf is one of my favorites not only as a Legendary. Its design is a lot simpler than Dialga, Palkia or Giratina. Azelf is in deep contrast to most Pokemon added in Gen 4, which were edgy, intimidating and almost overdesigned. Just a simple fairy-like Pokemon which appears harmless. Don't be fooled by its looks! Azelf is a fantastic Special Attacker with excellent Speed (125 and 120 base in each!).

Azelf was the most popular lead Pokemon in the Gen 4 metagame because of its great Speed and the strategies you could use with it. My favorite is the Stealth Rock/Taunt combo, which almost guarantees a successful set-up and possibly one faint. I had one and everyone else had one. Its Shiny is pretty cool too- an orangish body with a lighter shade of blue mixed in.

It's a coincidence that my favorite Legendaries are capable in battle.

Venitardus

Breeder
Years
  • Seen Apr 9, 2018
Giratina and Mesprit.
Giratina because it is the only one with the typing Ghost/Dragon, and because I love it's design. It's strong too.
Mesprit is my favorite of the 3 lake legendaries. I prefer it's design more then the others, and the only one that I actually ares about training.

Years
Not so much for its design, but I love both the typing and moveset of Giratina. If I used legendary Pokemon more often, I wouldn't be surprised if a Giratina found its way into my party.

Aside from Giratina, I liked the Lake trio, Cresselia and Shaymin as well. As for the legendaries of HG/SS, both Ho-oh and Lugia are up there in my favorites as well, wtih the slight edge between those two going to Lugia.

Lost Lore

From the Shadows
Years
Darkrai, because of its typing and design. The whole putting things to sleep/giving them nightmares thing is pretty cool, too. (Not that you'd be saying such if you were on the receiving end, I'd say...)

Giratina sits in second place because how anyone could think a giant skeletal spectral dragon that is said to appear in a graveyard in another dimension isn't awesome is beyond me.

Years
Ho-Oh forever go! I've always loved its history and the design is pretty beautiful, very fitting for a legend.

Puddle

Mission Complete✔
Years
Dialga was the main legendary Pokemon that I got when I had Diamond and I wrecked with it. I didn't really like the 3 little things. (Azluf, Luxie and that other one). I also like Blue, so it was definitely a cool Pokemon for me to use.

AluminiumOxide

Aka Ansirent
Years
Why didn't i see this thread earlier ? I was just looking for something like this. My favorite legendaries are - Ho oh, Lugia, Arcues, Dialgia, Darkry, Entei, Zapdos, Molters, Girantia

I am ashamed of mysel that i didn't catch all of them. I hope one day i will. :P

Edit : Opps look like i already posted here long time ago. Anyways i shared my feelings again :P

Last edited:
Back