• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon AshGray Version (Beta 4.5 Released!!)

Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Dec 23, 2013
Has the game been updated yet to where you can now access berry forest instead of walking into hidden village again? I cant get any farther in the game because of it.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
What is the latest version of ash gray? I got 4.2, just trying to confirm.

edit: Also, I know Ash Gray is only covering the Kanto region & Orange Islands anime, I'm just wondering if Metapod has any plans or if someone is planning to help him do a side-hack to include going through the Johto region & then Hoenn, then another hack to do Sinnoh & Unova? The way this would work I'd imagine is if when doing these hacks to start off, it would leave off at Professor Oaks lab with Ash deciding where he'd go next then leave all his Pokemon behind except Pikachu (level 5), then heading to Johto to Professor Elm's lab to deliver that object(I think it was a GS ball?) can't remember. Then taking off on the Johto journey from there.

I know these projects are way huge, but I'd appreciate something like this continuing, maybe it'd be a Heart Gold/ Soul Silver base? I don't know, but it'd be fun! I'd be interested in taking on this project if it's possible, I'd love to learn to do a rom hack.

I am making a Hack based on Johto Region covering season 3,4 and 5 seasons but don't have any plans of Hoenn or Further and I am making my own so its going to be new.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
I am making a Hack based on Johto Region covering season 3,4 and 5 seasons but don't have any plans of Hoenn or Further and I am making my own so its going to be new.
Really? How far along are you in this project?

If I can I'll try and be of some help though I'm not sure how helpful I can be since I still need to learn the basics of ROM hacking and scripts.

Years
  • Seen May 29, 2016
Hey Kost what up, my name is Patrick, I added your friend code, so I hope you will add mine, mine is 1547-5356-4371.My type is fighting if you wanted to know, well have fun. talk at you later.

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Yes because i have just learned scripting and sometime the game resets itself when i step on the script tiles sometimes. So really need a strong scripting if we get some good helpers of diffrent skills maybe we can create another masterpiece like ash gray. Show your support to my hack with the Johto League Showdown userbar in your sign like in my sign.

Years
  • Age 43
  • Seen Dec 31, 2013
This is a general question regarding all hacks but say you download an updated version, would you be able to use the save state of the previous version to continue your progress? Otherwise, how do you update without starting over?

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
This is a general question regarding all hacks but say you download an updated version, would you be able to use the save state of the previous version to continue your progress? Otherwise, how do you update without starting over?

You can but you will get lotes of glitches! SO, Its Best To Start All Over Again!

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
i tried downloading but it wont work!
The download isn't working or is the link down?

edit: The download worked for me, maybe your net just bombed? Or did you just download the ISP patch file and not know that you need to patch it to a Fire Red ROM base with Lunar to make the hack work?

Last edited:

Astraea

The Storm of Friendship
Years
  • Age 25
  • IDK
  • Seen Jan 23, 2022
Actually I never start all over again...just continue from previous save files and it was just fine..P.S. i was doing that since first beta.
It may be working for you and it worked for me too. I started playing it since version 3.0 and currently using the same save file but bro this doesn't work with some people too. So this suggestion is best for them. Like misty's mermaid event don't work everytime for others but always worked for me.

Years
  • Seen Dec 31, 2021
Where do you Catch Mewtwo?
If you want MewTwo, I suggest using A-Save and adding it to your party roster or to the storage system, as well as adding it's PokeDex data.

You can't catch MewTwo during the event MewTwo Strikes Back episode because Ash never catches it.

You can do the same process with Mew if you want.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
If you want MewTwo, I suggest using A-Save and adding it to your party roster or to the storage system, as well as adding it's PokeDex data.

You can't catch MewTwo during the event MewTwo Strikes Back episode because Ash never catches it.

You can do the same process with Mew if you want.

will doing this make Mew obey?

CharBrothers

Martin Mystery
Years
Hey, I Played your Pokemon Ashgray beta 4.2, And Im Stuck. -.- I don't know where but it Freezes when I Interact to someone. Please Help. :(

Back