• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[ARCHIVE] Simple Questions (SEARCH BEFORE ASKING A QUESTION)

Status
Not open for further replies.

Banjora Marxvile

hOI!!!!!! i'm tEMMIE!!
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Okay, so this probably has a really simple answer but i cant work it out

How can i get a tile from one map and use it in another
im hacking ruby and i'd like to take the buildings from mossdeep and put them into my re-make of littleroot town.
im using a map

i'm sure this will be a simple answer it was just easier to ask than watching whole tutorials to find this one piece of information

Depends in whether you still want to keep Littleroots' original houses and all. If you do, learn how to tile insert, same principle. If you don't, simple go to the "Map Header" in Advance Map, go to the bottom, and change where it says "Tileset", change the 2nd one to the same number as Mossdeep's.

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
for this i dont want to keep littleroots so thank you, i will watch and read up on tile inserting if i need to

also how do remove the truck script? i know there is a tool but i can't find it

Last edited:

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
for this i dont want to keep littleroots so thank you, i will watch and read up on tile inserting if i need to

also how do remove the truck script? i know there is a tool but i can't find it
I don't think SMCA can change the truck script, possibly remove it from happening however (can't say for sure, I've never used that tool before). As that editor is made for changing the location where the game starts, it still doesn't do anything with the truck script.

Then again. in G/S/C, there is an additional place where the game looks for scripts that happen when:
1) No person is talked to
2) No trigger leads to the script

That's the Script Header (or you can also call it the Map's Script).
That's used for the game load scripts that occur when the map is entered (usually for the first time).
So, there could be for example a pointer to the truck script in the map header of "Inside Truck" map.

However, I could be wrong.
Never tried scripting in R/S/E anyways.

Edit:
I didn't read clearly the question you asked as you didn't want to change it, just remove it from happening.
But, someone who hacks R/S/E should try this out and see how the truck script works ;)

Years
I don't think SMCA can change the truck script, possibly remove it from happening however (can't say for sure, I've never used that tool before). As that editor is made for changing the location where the game starts, it still doesn't do anything with the truck script.

Then again. in G/S/C, there is an additional place where the game looks for scripts that happen when:
1) No person is talked to
2) No trigger leads to the script

That's the Script Header (or you can also call it the Map's Script).
That's used for the game load scripts that occur when the map is entered (usually for the first time).
So, there could be for example a pointer to the truck script in the map header of "Inside Truck" map.

However, I could be wrong.
Never tried scripting in R/S/E anyways.

Edit:
I didn't read clearly the question you asked as you didn't want to change it, just remove it from happening.
But, someone who hacks R/S/E should try this out and see how the truck script works ;)

SMCA removes the truck, spawning the player at a different map where the truck script isn't triggered :)
But it's something special. Even if you delete all scripts, including the script headers, you'll still get the same effect. So, as far as I know, the only way to get a way around it is to spawn at a different map.

miksy91

Dark Energy is back in action! ;)
Years
But it's something special. Even if you delete all scripts, including the script headers, you'll still get the same effect.
Script Header has nothing to do with the with the scripts that are loaded when talked to people ;)
If you deleted the "script headers" (only one exists for each map), the game would freeze when entered to the map of which script header you deleted.

So, as far as I know, the only way to get a way around it is to spawn at a different map.
That's it, that's because the script is very likely loaded from the script header of the "inside the truck" map.

It's obvious it can only affect the map where the script is set in, I mean, you clearly can't make a script happen in map X but still happen in map Y.
A different script should be set in map Y to make it work.

Script Header is a structure that tells the game how the map is load.
Script Header explanation made by Tauwasser (in G/S/C).

Spoiler:

So basicly, if that truck script was in G/S/C, the First part of the script header (of the map where the truck script would be) would tell the game to load the truck script and you could go there to modify it.
And, it's highly likely there is also such a thing as script header for all the maps in 3rd gen pokemon games too.

Last edited:

siper x

I'm Russia, Fear Russia
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Mar 29, 2023
okay, my problem is that some of my warps aren't working, and when i delete them and make new ones, the still don't work. (i've checked, double checked, and triple checked and they are set at the right mao and bank) instead of going to the map i want, it goes to a different member of the eliet 4. any ideas?

still not answered. i checked everything said on previos pages.

superblah411

Osnap
Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2016
Then you just compile them, since they're already at the offset they were before. However, with pre-existing scripts, you can't make them any longer than they were before, or you'll cause major problems.

To find pre-existing scripts, use A-Map, go to the Trigger or Person Event you want to edit, and click "Open Script." You should also take the time to set XSE as the default script editor for A-Map.

I've done all this. I took a random man and changed just what he says to "Hey" and still nothing. It worked in the past. It makes me sad panda.

Years
Script Header has nothing to do with the with the scripts that are loaded when talked to people ;)
If you deleted the "script headers" (only one exists for each map), the game would freeze when entered to the map of which script header you deleted.

That's it, that's because the script is very likely loaded from the script header of the "inside the truck" map.

It's obvious it can only affect the map where the script is set in, I mean, you clearly can't make a script happen in map X but still happen in map Y.
A different script should be set in map Y to make it work.

Script Header is a structure that tells the game how the map is load.
Script Header explanation made by Tauwasser (in G/S/C).

Spoiler:

So basicly, if that truck script was in G/S/C, the First part of the script header (of the map where the truck script would be) would tell the game to load the truck script and you could go there to modify it.
And, it's highly likely there is also such a thing as script header for all the maps in 3rd gen pokemon games too.

Oh, then I probably used the wrong term.

Years
Ok, I have another question lol. Sometimes when I try to compile a script in XSE, it gives me the error message 'Subscript out of range.' What does that mean?

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@Hi-Techneon & colcolstyles: The post has already fallen back, but still want to say thanks. I guess I've figured out what I'm going to do.

I have another quick question. I looked a bit, but I really have no idea how to go about finding it out. What's the color limit for a tile? I would assume 8, but I want to make sure.

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
How do i set it up so i can edit pre-existing scripts? I have added pokescript to a-map as my chosen script editor but when i click "open script" on an event pokescript open and reads :

WELCOME TO POKESCRIPT
Copyrite Pokewitch Inc
http://members.westnet.com.au/comhloiche

Invalid Command : c:\documents

that :\ is supposed to read : \ (without and space)
what have i done wrong?
its just really annoying because i have to recompile and add scripts if i correct them

Last edited:

MysticFlames

~Fedoras~
Years
@pokeguy9000: Yeah, I haven't been able to get that to work either. While I do use Pokescript for writing scripts, I end up using XSE for editing the preexisting scripts. If you didn't know, XSE is quite similar to Pokescript, but it does have a few changes here and there. (I guess XSE is more widely used... but eh, I started with Pokescript so I've stuck with it. XD)

It'd be cool if someone actually had an answer to the question, though. Just saying.

(Just in case my previous question gets overlooked, what's the color limit for a tile? I would assume 8, but I want to make sure.)

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
Yes it would be good
Also, now that i am using XSE would you please tell me how to edit the pre-existing scripts?
Thanks

Last edited:

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Yes it would be good
Also, now that i am using XSE would you please tell me how to edit the pre-existing scripts?
Thanks
You would need to find the offset for your script, and decompile it in the offset box near the top-right of the XSE tool.

pokeguy9000

Ghost Ralts
Years
You would need to find the offset for your script, and decompile it in the offset box near the top-right of the XSE tool.

Ive found the offset (i think) but XSE won't allow me to put anything in the "offset" box
I've tried a few things to fix this but, because of my very limited knowledge, i have been unsucessful
What do i need to do in order to paste the offset box?

AyameHikaru

Beauty Queen
Years
  • Seen Jul 7, 2013
I'm having a problem with Advance Text. Several times, I have found an area where I KNOW there is text, where when I boot up the rom there IS text, but when I try to edit it in AT the box is blank. >.<

1. Has anyone else encountered this?
2. Does anyone know why this is happening?
3. Can I fix this, or must I just leave those parts alone and work around them?

(I have restarted AT & reloaded the rom several times, it doesn't change. The rom is FR, if it matters.)

Years
  • Seen Jan 3, 2011
So I'm working on a rom using leaf green as the base. What I need is a fully functioning thief ball. I'm sure this sounds pretty obvious, but I might as well just say it. I need it to be able to steal other trainers pokemon.

Any suggestions?

Also... I'm sure this has been asked a hundred times before, but is there any true way to increase the pokedex size to keep ALL the entries and add new ones. Someone has to be working on a way to make that possible.

Years
@Hi-Techneon & colcolstyles: The post has already fallen back, but still want to say thanks. I guess I've figured out what I'm going to do.

I have another quick question. I looked a bit, but I really have no idea how to go about finding it out. What's the color limit for a tile? I would assume 8, but I want to make sure.

If I'm right, then every pallete has 16 colors. Tiles use palettes, so I guess they use 16 colors aswell, but I might be wrong.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2011
Does anyone know where I can find the trainer's head/icon thing on the pokenav map in emerald? I've scanned through UNLZ several times to no avail and it's driving me mad! Thanks
Nobody knows? Okay maybe someone can answer me this instead: What determines the pallete of reflections in R/S/E? I found out shadows and thought balloons are the last two colours of the OW sprite's palette, but I suspect the reflections use a different palette.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back