• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Adventure

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
You're correct, the game finishes where you collect the Sweet Honey at the moment. The next version will contain several areas including Ochre Lighthouse (which is being occupied by Team Rocket) (screen shots of this can be seen in my DeviantArt) and the 2nd/3rd gyms along with a few extra dungeons.

That's slightly strange. I was expecting there to be problems with the saving system in this version because I had to code my own system because the game now uses Data Structures instead of Arrays for the inventories / pokedex.

Can you please check that in the game's folder, you have the *.sav file, a file called "i", one called "ki" and one called "pkdx". The *.sav file contains the standard information included in saved game & the other 3 contain the important information contained in your inventory / pokedex. So long as you don't edit them at all your game should work ok.

Thankyou for taking the time to point this out to me; I will take another look at the saving system so that it works better in the next version!

Do you mean the application itself, or just the contents of the folder I put it in? The folder I use to play the game only has PKADV1 and the game itself. If I'm supposed to open the game, I don't know how to.

As for the polls, I voted for Cleffa :P Other random Pokemon I can see in this game are Eevee, the Unova starters, Larvitar, Mankey, Gible, Munna, Plusle, and more. Munna might be a bit iffy because it floats, but it does get a variety of Psychic moves. To be honest, a lot of Pokemon will fit as long as they aren't primarily fliers such as Aerodactyl or something XD

Last edited:

RulerArceus

的なインターネッ? ??の最高級!
Years
OOOH...
*facepalm*
I was talking about the last demo.Every time you went to a new level you reset to level 1.
good to see that's fixed :D.
EDIT:Voted in the poll for A regional starter pokemon, which i would like to be treecko.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Do you mean the application itself, or just the contents of the folder I put it in? The folder I use to play the game only has PKADV1 and the game itself. If I'm supposed to open the game, I don't know how to.

As for the polls, I voted for Cleffa :P Other random Pokemon I can see in this game are Eevee, the Unova starters, Larvitar, Mankey, Gible, Munna, Plusle, and more. Munna might be a bit iffy because it floats, but it does get a variety of Psychic moves. To be honest, a lot of Pokemon will fit as long as they aren't primarily fliers such as Aerodactyl or something XD

Erm. In the folder where the .exe is those other files "should" be there. However, I might have set them as hidden files, I can't honestly remember. To open the game you just click the *.exe and choose "Load Game" at the title screen. I will investigate further into this to try and fix the disappearing save files lol. I have a few different ideas of alternate saving methods to the one which I am currently using so I will play around with them so the next version doesn't have this issue.

Also, thankyou for voting in the poll! I plan to add the Unova starters eventually; Mankey is going to be an enemy Pokemon but I suppose I could make it a playable one as well; Munna would be interesting because I could just set the sprite so it appears like it hovers above the ground and yes, flying Pokemon will probably look unnatural in the current system (though a few do seem to fit - so I'll just have to be careful and only choose ones which look ok).

OOOH...
*facepalm*
I was talking about the last demo.Every time you went to a new level you reset to level 1.
good to see that's fixed :D.
EDIT:Voted in the poll for A regional starter pokemon, which i would like to be treecko.

Ahhh. That makes sense. Yes I fixed that issue in this version :) -- it now saves stats and levels etc. The game was creating a new Marill at the start of each level instead of loading the old one, so it was easy enough to fix.

Thanks for voting in the poll! I'll write down that there's a vote for Treecko. =]

Years
I tried out the game, and like Aquakip said, it's quite addictive. I love the cute sprites and the layout of the UI. I can't wait for more updates, keep it up. (;

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I tried out the game, and like Aquakip said, it's quite addictive. I love the cute sprites and the layout of the UI. I can't wait for more updates, keep it up. (;

Thankyou :). I'm glad to hear you liked the UI because I was unsure whether it was going to be a hit or a miss, to speak.

I've finished coding an improved Pause Menu, I've made a tileset for the first Team Rocket encounter, finished programming in Pansear as a playable character and I've fixed the glitch that made you get "stuck" in some of the platforms.

I need to make a tileset for the 2nd gym, a tileset for a snowy cave-dungeon thing in the 4th town, add Pansage and Panpour and finish writing a better AI script before I release the next up-date. Oh, and I need to either keep working on designing gym leaders myself or find another pixel artist to help me.

I'm thinking i'd like to get the next major update out by the end of March if all goes well!

pokemongarnet

CAT-BUS!
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2016
Oh, I lost track of this game from when it first started and it is coming along great. I'm extremely impressed.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
I realised it's been a while since I updated to let you guys know how the project is going so here's an update!

I've been really busy with university but now that I've had some time to work on the project, it's coming along. I've been programming the first Team Rocket encounter at Ochre Lighthouse, been adding various GUI updates which make the game look a lot better, written a completely new AI script from scratch which is very similar to the AI of monsters in Maplestory, been adding new playable characters and adding more routes and towns.

Here are a few screenies of route 6

screenshot100-2.png

screenshot101-1.png

The next update is still a while away at the moment, however, it will be a very big update compared to the ones I usually release (i.e. it will add a lot more content to the game).

Itzmesonicx

Silver's The Name
Years
  • Seen Mar 4, 2012
Wow love the screenShots Imma download it once i can

why does it say Pansear can use bubble

Last edited:

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Wow love the screenShots Imma download it once i can

Thanks! Try it and let me know what you think. The screen shot is a little outdated now :P It can now use Fire Punch. You can see the most recent screenshots in my DeviantArt (link in my sig).

Also, the next up-date is getting close to being finished. Hopefully I'll be able to release it this weekend :). In the mean time, here are some more teaser screenies:

screenshot113.png

screenshot117.png

Years
  • Seen Jun 16, 2012
:)

Love the idea, really fun and cooll, cant wait for full version!

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
Not yet! But soooooon lol.

Dewitty is helping me redesign my tilesets so I'm waiting to finish updating them before the release. It'll probably take.. a week maximum I should think? I'd love to release it this weekend but that depends how fast I can work lol.

In the meantime, here's a teaser screenie:

screenshot125-1.png

As always, you can see all the development screenshots etc on my DeviantArt (link in my sig).

Years
  • Seen Nov 3, 2022
1. Did you find any glitches? Actually, I found 2, maybe 3. The first was on the first level at one of the corners where you can walk through the sides and theere is a dead end underneath. I tried to jump up through it and got stuck in the corner and had to restart. I also found one on route 2, where there was a sprite that was flickering between 2 different pachirisu. It was up high in the air, but dont remember exactly where. I'm also pretty sure this is a glitch, as it didnt happen any other time i died, but i hit spikes and marill started floating up the screen and got to the top before the red flashy thing happened.
2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game? I really didn't dislike anything about this game over then those god damned zubats flying through walls. It's a really good game and i look forward to the next release
3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game? Not really tbh, I'm not very good at ideas.

Rossay

Quack quack
Years
1. Did you find any glitches? Actually, I found 2, maybe 3. The first was on the first level at one of the corners where you can walk through the sides and theere is a dead end underneath. I tried to jump up through it and got stuck in the corner and had to restart. I also found one on route 2, where there was a sprite that was flickering between 2 different pachirisu. It was up high in the air, but dont remember exactly where. I'm also pretty sure this is a glitch, as it didnt happen any other time i died, but i hit spikes and marill started floating up the screen and got to the top before the red flashy thing happened.
2. What did you enjoy / dislike about the game? I really didn't dislike anything about this game over then those god damned zubats flying through walls. It's a really good game and i look forward to the next release
3. Do you have any other suggestions for improving the game? Not really tbh, I'm not very good at ideas.

Thanks for taking the time to fill out the survey.

I am aware of the getting stuck randomly glitch and I have fixed it by using a more accurate collision code which you can see in the upcomming version. The random pachirisu glitch, I have seen once or twice, I'm not entirely sure why it occurs because the collision code is pretty accurate, but I will look into it.

I'm glad you enjoyed it and the next update is taking me longer than I had hoped because I've been really busy inrl. It's getting closer though. As always, you can follow the game's progress on my DeviantArt (link in my sig).

Impo

Playhouse Pokemon
Years
This game looks great! Nice, clean graphics, too.

Very Nice.

And you get extra points for including Marill in the Screenshots :) !

Years
I remember when Marril was the starter and you walked around the first town and the first level looked like Mario. This game has not only come a long way, but has made a lot of mass changes. Congrats and great job.

BTW: you spelled Organizations with an 's' instead of a 'z'

Back