• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Do you think N is Zoroark?

You think N is Zoroark

• Yes

Votes: 20 26.0%
  • No

Votes: 41 53.2%
  • Dont Know

Votes: 16 20.8%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

WingedDragon

Competitive Trainer
Years
Ok. Figuring this needed to be polled because I am curious.

I think N is Zoroark. After playing the game twice over paying attention intently. Proof to me that he Z is based on two things. One) Meeting human in Losthorn Forrest talking about how a pokemon was abandoned there years ago as hes walking away it changes to a Zoroark. Two) Chasing Zoroark to Ns castle, and N all of sudden appears.

Made me think "Wtf"

Other things that made me think it was the Final battle with Black Kyurem. With that story and how N says that he can talk to pokemon and yet no one else can?? Farfetched perhaps, but thats my conclusion. I'm sure story creator wanted you to think about that for a bit without saying anything.

FrostPheonix

Eternity.
Years
Well, I don't think so. It seems likely, but at the same time,
Spoiler:

Keiran

[b]Rock Solid[/b]
Years
N is a descendant of kings that ruled ancient Unova. N can talk to Pokemon because of this relation, not because he is a Pokemon himself. The crown you see N given in the BW1 opening is the Relic Crown you find in the Abyssal Ruins. I don't think N is a Zoroark.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
I have mixed feelings on this.

Firstly, Zoroark can talk like humans (perhaps through telepathy). This is proved when the backpacker in Lostlorn Forest turned into Zoroark after talking (the first time I saw that, it scared me quite a bit lol). Zoroark could have imitated N's looks as it grew up with him since he was a child, and usually pokemon like imitating people whom they are close to.

Secondly, Zoroark guided you to N's castle, but once inside, it was no where to be found and the only one there was N, waiting for you. Zoroark wasn't on N's team while battling him; the only one was Reshiram/Zekrom. Where could Zoroark have been hiding? It's possible N put it back inside its pokeball but didn't use it in battle..but who knows?

Well..there are many other possibilities. I'm rather interested and intrigued about this whole idea of N being Zoroark. But for now, there's no definite way to prove that this is true, so I'm still indecisive. I'm probably repeating what other people have said, but this is what I think too.

gaminggarchomp

YouTube LPer
Years
To be honest, I put in yes as my answer (for the lolz), but I really don't think so. If N was a Zoroark, then it would have shown itself.

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
I have mixed feelings on this.

Firstly, Zoroark can talk like humans (perhaps through telepathy). This is proved when the backpacker in Lostlorn Forest turned into Zoroark after talking (the first time I saw that, it scared me quite a bit lol). Zoroark could have imitated N's looks as it grew up with him since he was a child, and usually pokemon like imitating people whom they are close to.

Secondly, Zoroark guided you to N's castle, but once inside, it was no where to be found and the only one there was N, waiting for you. Zoroark wasn't on N's team while battling him; the only one was Reshiram/Zekrom. Where could Zoroark have been hiding? It's possible N put it back inside its pokeball but didn't use it in battle..but who knows?

Well..there are many other possibilities. I'm rather interested and intrigued about this whole idea of N being Zoroark. But for now, there's no definite way to prove that this is true, so I'm still indecisive. I'm probably repeating what other people have said, but this is what I think too.

Oddly enough, Zoroark could only talk in human form in B2W2. It couldn't in B/W when it was the woman in Lostlorn forest. As for N's battle. N only challenges you to battle with Zekrom to prove your worth to the dragon. He didn't have to have Zoroark out of listed for battle. Even if he didn't have a Pokeball for it, Zoroark could become invisible using an illusion to hide itself just in case N needed protecting.

But yes, Ghetsis was with N since he was a toddler. Ghetsis even references that N is human, though in a roundabout way. The theory of N being a descendant of the old kings is a really cool theory, though I think they took the idea from the Manga, the part about the Children of Viridian Forest. They show N in some woods, but they never say which woods he was in, only that he was ridiculed about his ability from an early age. Children of Viridian Forest were too. Two are still somewhat feared Manga wise.

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I did quite enjoy lurking/reading the thread and some very interesting points are raised, but I just don't think so.

Years
  • Seen Feb 17, 2015
I'm feeling really conflicted about this... I think that they would have revealed this if it was true, but it seems so possible...

Superjub

Pokémon Aureolin
Years
At first I didn't due to how Farfetch'd (see what i did there? :P) it was, but the theory has grew on me and, after playing Pokemon White 2, I actually think he might be. :o For one, Ghetsis isn't his real father and his parents are unknown. He was found in a forest (Lostlorn perhaps?) with a Zorua (hmmm...) and a Darmanitan iirc. The Zorua is pretty interesting in my opinion.
Next you obviously follow the Zoroark into the ruins of the castle, to which it disappears and then N appears. I believe he could have just returned it, but there is no mention of it, which does lead me to believe N is the Zoroark. He is quite a strange child, and is very close to Pokemon, even being able to understand them. So yeah, I do think N is a Zoroark. c:

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
In BW I did think N was a Zoroark. Zoroark copying the man behind Team Plasma and all, which would explain why N looked similar to Ghetsis with the green hair and all...but in B2W2, Concordia and Anthea explicitly state that N was born and abandoned by his parents because they were creeped out by his ability to talk to Pokemon.

If N was a Pokemon I highly doubt his Zoroark parents would abandon him because he could talk to other Pokemon.

As for the Zoroark leading you to N's Castle, N befriended a Zorua as a child (the one you receive) and caught another to use in the final battle against Hilda/Hilbert in BW. The Zoroark who leads you into N's Castle could easily be the Zoroark he released, which stayed behind near the castle (just as N's other released Pokemon stay in their areas for you to catch later). The Zoroark disappears because it's fast and sneaky.

Satoshi Ookami

Memento Mori
Years
As for the Zoroark leading you to N's Castle, N befriended a Zorua as a child (the one you receive) and caught another to use in the final battle against Hilda/Hilbert in BW. The Zoroark who leads you into N's Castle could easily be the Zoroark he released, which stayed behind near the castle (just as N's other released Pokemon stay in their areas for you to catch later). The Zoroark disappears because it's fast and sneaky.
I believe he did not release his final team because he understood that it was sad for his Pokémon to leave him but yes, the Zoroark that appeared many times in the B2W2 is probably part of his team that wanted to explore by himself.

mysticflower

Parasol Lady Madeleine
Years
  • Age 35
  • UK
  • Seen Jun 15, 2013
I think all the evidence points to N not being a Zoroark - but I do think there is maybe more to N than we have found out. It depends on whether Nintendo release a game following on from BW2 or if they start again in a new region. I would not be surprised if the storyline is continued.

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
Oddly enough, Zoroark could only talk in human form in B2W2. It couldn't in B/W when it was the woman in Lostlorn forest. As for N's battle. N only challenges you to battle with Zekrom to prove your worth to the dragon. He didn't have to have Zoroark out of listed for battle. Even if he didn't have a Pokeball for it, Zoroark could become invisible using an illusion to hide itself just in case N needed protecting.

But yes, Ghetsis was with N since he was a toddler. Ghetsis even references that N is human, though in a roundabout way. The theory of N being a descendant of the old kings is a really cool theory, though I think they took the idea from the Manga, the part about the Children of Viridian Forest. They show N in some woods, but they never say which woods he was in, only that he was ridiculed about his ability from an early age. Children of Viridian Forest were too. Two are still somewhat feared Manga wise.

Ah, true that. I remember reading about the Children of Viridian Forest in the manga. N must be one of those Children then. Kinda makes sense.

Years
  • Age 31
  • USA
  • Seen Mar 11, 2024
Ah, true that. I remember reading about the Children of Viridian Forest in the manga. N must be one of those Children then. Kinda makes sense.

Just remember that the game and manga are completely different canons. N could be one of those Children in the manga, but in terms of the games he couldn't be, because they don't exist in the realm of the games.

What synerjee brought up about N being descended from the ancient king was actually hinted at way back in BW, and was practically confirmed by Zinzolin in B2W2.

Uecil

[img]https://i.ibb.co/4jfYrCT/tHdpHUB.png[/img]
Years
Oddly, though out the B/W game series I did think N was a Zoroark because of his hair style and how he could talk and understand Pokemon. However, in this series I don't see him as a Zoroark due to the little hints and evidence lying around.

I swear there was a thread of this way back

Back