• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

6th Gen X/Y General Chat and Speculation

Status
Not open for further replies.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I do like how the people who create the fakemons have better crativity then some previous real pokes (were all looking at you scraggy).
And yes i dont like the look of scraggy, what of it?
My reason why is because who wears there pants half way down there knees?

Obviously you haven't seen todays youth...

I suppose fakemon are all part of the fun of a new generation aren't they.

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
Obviously you haven't seen todays youth...

I suppose fakemon are all part of the fun of a new generation aren't they.

Tell me about. Sadly im apart of the same generation but my mind likes to think it is far from it.
Ok let me refrase it.
What kind of person goes around in public with there pants around there knees who isnt a hooker.

That aside. I think the thing that makes fakemon so, enjoyed by the fans is that they are usualy made by fans, and who knows what the fans whatn better then GF? The fans.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
It's kind of even. Some mons are sucky, but eventually you grow to love them except Liepard and some aren't, whereas fakemons if you dislike, you get no real chance to grow to love them, so the real Pokemon actually do have an advantage. Buuuut we'll probably see designs like Scraggy again this time around too ;)

Years
  • Seen May 19, 2013
I dont know what your talking about, shiftry grew on me real quik, though that could be because i played the mystery dungeon that he was in ALOT

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years
I dont know what your talking about, shiftry grew on me real quik, though that could be because i played the mystery dungeon that he was in ALOT

Well personally, I've always hated Shiftry and always will. I doubt there will be a new Pokémon that will beat its position. Other Pokémon that I haven't liked like Stunfisk (yes Stunfisk) have grown on me a bit.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Design-wise they may suck buuut as long as they are good competitive-wise, then I'm p sure I'll be pleased with them. :3 For example, I dislike Skuntank in general but in NU I embrace it.

Guy

just a guy
Years
I'm one who prefers to use Pokémon that I like in terms of their design, in-game play or otherwise, I just don't feel satisfied using a Pokémon I generally don't like the look of.

Every generation comes with its assortment of good and bad though, that's more or less to be expected. Some are pretty fast to adjust to, others take time, while some you can never quite manage to embrace.

Usually, seeing the new Pokémon in the anime is what helps me determine if I really end up liking certain Pokémon or not. For example, when RSE first came out and we got to know the starters and their evolutions, I didn't really like Treecko's line. Then I saw it all as I watched the anime and it's now my favorite one.

I hope X and Y give us more nicer Pokémon, than suck-y ones though. :p

blue

gucci
Years
There's always going to be some that people dislike to their design but then there will be many that people love too, it was exactly the same with Black & White.

Guy

just a guy
Years
There's always going to be some that people dislike to their design but then there will be many that people love too, it was exactly the same with Black & White.
I'd say that's the way it goes with every new generation that comes by.

blue

gucci
Years
Exactly and besides, a majority of people start to dismiss any complaints they had about Pokemon designs once they've settled with the designs of that generation, I don't hear that many people complaining about the Gen V Pokemon now..

Princess Diana

the people's princess
Years
  • Seen Oct 9, 2023
I hope they bring back Pokeball seals, as well as splitting the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. I didn't like the combined one. :(

OH, and a department store. That Shopping Mall Nine (?) was really disappointing.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I hope they bring back Pokeball seals, as well as splitting the Pokemon Center and the PokeMart. I didn't like the combined one. :(

OH, and a department store. That Shopping Mall Nine (?) was really disappointing.
I actually found it extremely convenient that they were in the same place. One stop shopping. In a place like Castelia City, I wouldn't have wanted to travel across the city just to find the other building!

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

I also want Pokeball seals! I never really got into them but I liked the idea of making Pokeballs unique in a way :3

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I do like how the people who create the fakemons have better crativity then some previous real pokes (were all looking at you scraggy).

I find that hard to believe, because when it comes to fakemons, it's more difficult to find out which animal/plant/object/myth it's based off of. There's also a severe lack of hideous Pokemon (only furry-material fakemon).

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
That's true, I remember hating Trubish. I can't think of an inanimate object worse than...okay now I just did. I hope the pokémon are more animalesk like Johto and Hoenn's.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
The themes probably won't be announced imo given that B/W's weren't iirc.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
I'm hoping for a defensive fighting Pokémon who can take more than one psychic attack before fainting, not sure what it'll be. Also a special oriented one would be good as it can take full advantage of focus blast.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
To be honest, I'm more concerned about GF trying to follow a theme for each region, as it's usually the reason why there's a lack of diversity on certain types and why some of the animals/plants/objects/myths we like to see as Pokemon are never picked. You have no idea how many people want to see a dolphin Pokemon, but no, because the region's theme somehow doesn't fit with the animal's appearance.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back