• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen How will you go through your first Playthrough of B/W2??

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
All my first runs are as fast as I can possibly go. See very little during the main story and do everything afterwards. If I restart later I usually take an excruciatingly long time to complete the main story line.

Years
  • Seen Oct 12, 2013
It's not often that I ditch my starter Pokemon, but if I get White 2, I fully plan to.

My final team's gonna look like so:
545.gif
579.gif
593.gif
598.gif
452.gif
323.gif

I can't stand not planning out my team since I hate having glaring, unforeseen weaknesses to one type or the other (like 3-4 weak to Fire or Ground, bleah).

tajaros

Hi I'm dawg
Years
I'll try and be my best and don't lose to anyone! xD

And also I wan't to use the soft-reset method for me to catch a Shiny Black Kyurem! xD :)

Years
  • Seen Feb 23, 2013
I'll try to do a proper playthrough, and actually look at the dialogue and follow the storyline. I'll probably try to use Pokémon I've never used before/that much.

Years
  • Seen Nov 23, 2015
My plan is to run through the game with Nuzlocke activated, along with the fact that no one will "survive" poisoning. That was something that made it so hard in the beginning. I'll also add rules to Nuzlocke as I delve further in. No EV training, no over leveling, so on and so forth.

Years
  • Seen Dec 16, 2016
I'm just gonna go with the flow. I find researching it before hand takes the fun out of it. So, I won't plan anything ahead of time, and when I do play, I'll take it slow, catch as many Pokémon as I go through the game as I can and talk to everyone I see. :)
yea that what I'll do too :)

atmmachine11

Jumping portals since 1997.
Years
That is a really cool way of playing :3, as for me...I honestly do not know what team I will choose, but I do know I will be doing a normal run.

PkmnTrainerElio

♥ Jung Hoseok, Kim Namjoon and Park Jimin ♥
Years
I'm gonna trade Sniny and Oshawott over from Black and have all three starters.

Years
  • Seen Aug 2, 2012
I will go through differently than all my other games seeing how i dont need to reset and trade to get all starters since we already got them :)
I will go throught the game slower as for my team i have no clue cause i dont want to go through it with the starters like usually cause i already have them all on Black :/

MachoPony

Resident Brony
Years
I have planned a Good balanced team mainly for PWT and such however after i Beat the game with said team i may Nuzelocke CHallenge mode cuz im a Crazy ass.

Years
I plan on starting with Tepig again, but since Blitzle and Pansage are far in the story I plan on getting Mareep, since I did use a Mareep in Heart Gold and Soul Silver, and Koffing because I only used a Poison Pokemon like Nidoran (m) once on Fire Red. I also plan on playing for six days to get to the Pokemon League and the day after that the post-game.

Day 1: To Castelia's gym - 3 badges
Day 2: To Relic Path (northern part) exploring - 5 badges
Day 3: Mistralton gym with Route 7 and Celestial Tower visited - 6 badges
Day 4: East Unova
Day 5: Battling Ghetsis - 8 badges
Day 6: Pokemon League - Hall of Fame
Day 7: Post-Game

For the Post-Game events I'll go with the revisiting of Plasma Frigate and Nuvema Town, then Iccirus and Twist Mountain, then Route 15 since that's how the Pokemon are ordered on the Pokedex. Clay Road and other stuff after I go to all those places.

Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Jun 11, 2023
I would play like a normal human being :)
Just run through the game, explore, then collect every Pokemon.

Patchy

-
Years
I've never done the Nuzlocke thing, I don't see the fun at all, it'd be so tedious. Usually I just have one save file, ever.

For B2W2 I plan to breed eggs of the 6 Pokemon I want, probably ditch the starter in favour of another region's starter (and making sure that my rival's starter is weak to it!), then when the eggs hatch with my B2 ID number I might just give each one a run through the BW Elite 4 to level it up...I like to keep it easy for myself.

Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2012
I will play through the game normally but only catch Pokémon found in the NU tier (if my starter Pokémon is in a higher or lower tier he will not be used (except in the opening rival battle)). Any Pokémon in a tier above or below that tier are essentially banned from my team.

Also I will not trade Pokémon from Black or White to Black 2 or White 2 (an exception is when I want to evolve one of my Pokémon on Black 2 or White 2 (if applicable)).

Years
I will do like I normally do with my Pokémon games. I will capture each and every lowest stage Pokémon I come across, train them as I travel through the game, and right before I challenge the Elite Four (like I always do), I will decide to change up my strategy on the Pokémon I'm using, and have to level up an entirely new team. That, in the end, ends up adding more time to my already extended game time.

Beyond that, I've always been one who checks out each nook-and-cranny of my games. I think all those years of RPGs has gotten me into the mindset that you don't know what's up there till you get that special power-up, so come back later to check it out. So each time I get a new HM, I have to backtrack to the start and try and find those places I skipped.

I do plan to, with this generation, try and get as many of the special distributions as possible, this time around. I normally don't deal with the special distributions, but I think with Pokémon Black 2 & White 2, I will. Not sure what sparked me into wanting to try this, but I do plan to attempt it and see how it goes. Who knows? Maybe I will find some aspect of this that will enhance this game with me. :3

GibbyGibson

Years
I will probably take it Slow, Catch a lot of pokemon and find the best/strongest. Then just become the pokemon master :mudkip;):

GengarShade

Eat some Gengar cake!
Years
Haven't planned my team yet for the games.Definite Growlithe on the team though.I will probably choose my team by putting random names in a bag and selecting 5 to create the best team I ever had!

Posted from Pokecommunity.com App for Android

Back