• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What happened to Contests?

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
So I've been watching Pokemon Black and White, and I have to wonder, what happened to contests? Why are they gone?

Seriously, Contests were honestly extremely fun to watch. It makes the show seem a little empty honestly. The Connoisseurs are nowhere near as interesting as the Coordinators, and honestly the Connoisseurs don't seem to have much of a point for being there.

If they aren't coming back, I suppose the show has just had another drop in quality, -.-

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
Why not? Just like every series, they could just introduce a new character.

Dawn was just May's replacement.

Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2023
Contests were supposed to be replaced by the Musicals, but those suck altogether, so now its just Ash's Gyms again.

BTW Dawn is appearing in BW but contests aren't returning.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Contests as precita said was replaced by Musicals, which is not replaced by Pokewood. So there is no point if Contests are not featured within the Unova region to have them added. Don Tournaments seem to replace the Contests as a competition slot for Ash and Co to compete with rivals and other trainers.

Plasmette

Master of Mediocrity.
Years
  • Seen Jan 12, 2013
It would get redundant. 3 regions with a contest subplot in a row?

Years
  • Seen Oct 25, 2018
That sucks, Contests were one of my favorite parts of the Anime. They were a lot cooler then they were in the game, and Contest battles and such were extremely interesting to watch in my opinion.

They were better then the crap-ton of filler that they've apparently replaced them with...

Back