• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Earth and Sky!: Pokemon Battle Royale! [T]

Dawn

[span="font-size:180%;font-weight:900;color:#a568f
Years
(Doh! I somehow missed that it was my turn to post.)

Julia - Cliff
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia silently listened in on what Chester had to say, musing over the notion. Well it was certainly a cool title to have, to say the least. She just hoped it was as good of a thing to be as chester made it seem. She had a tournament to win--and whatever. Julia was still willing to keep going with the modeling act when the crew stopped, though a part of her was starting to become anxious. That part of course was completely silent for the time being. When chester handed her some somewhat less revealing clothes she was ironically glad to accept them. That is to say, one might think she'd be hesitant to wear anything that wasn't her own, but they'd be mistaken. As much as she enjoyed showing off, she was ready to move on.

"What's the story behind this place?" she asked, seemingly having no concern for whether the question might've been considered unnecessary or not.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack just watched Kiba, waiting for him to say anything, but it looked like he still wasn't ready to talk. Jack gave a weak smile and shrugged, "Okay, whenever you're ready you can talk to me then. Just get your rest man." He gave a brief nod to Kiba and walked out of the tent and instead went over to Golf's tent, where the Dragonite was actually moving around now. "Hey, you feeling better?" He was also aware that Bravo was banging her head against a desk, but he ignored the ghost for now and just patted the Dragonite, "Feel good enough to get out of this tent?" Golf nodded her head and slowly floated down to the ground and slithered out of the tent on her belly with Jack following. "See Golf? I'll be here for you." The Dragonite just sighed at the name, but didn't press the issue this time.

Echo really didn't know what to say to Spirit. She had never been in this bad a situation before, and having a team mate run off? That had to be bad. She frowned and rubbed her arm, "Uh... I don't know what to say Spirit." She whispered. "I've never been in this kind of situation before. We usually don't have that much trouble on the road..." She sighed, "Well, I'll be waiting then. If you need time... I understand. We can have our date later." She put on a weak smile and walked away from Spirit, letting out a light sigh. Foxtrtot just shrugged at Spirit and saw Avaith and Mello were heading out and headed toward them, "Um, Avaith, is it? I don't believe it's safe for you to journey out there. You are still in post recovery and with Mello it will be difficult to defend her from any instigation."

Years
~Cliff~
"If its about Lethia..." He paused for a moment before he turned to Julia. "I don't have a clue. I never had a chance to watch the plays to figure out the regions origins..." He turned his focus back to the road. "Though, I hope to catch tonight's play, I asked one of the troupes with the traveling vendors along Lethia to stop in the loft tonight." He continues to drive along the road until the reach a cave, where he parks outside of its entrance. "The story to the tournament though, that's a whole other ball of wax... I don't have any real answers. This region's local and only town use to be busting with life until a large airship of Lethia's first elite arrived, proclaiming the region theirs and ousting the tourists and a lot of its denizens, only few that stood behind were all trainers. That's all I do know." As the step out, He leads the crew and Julia into the cave, deep below until what appears to be sun light enters the room, reflecting off what looked to be makeshift tombstones with markings. Odd ones; Not unknown, not rune, not Egyptian or anything. In the center of the cave was a large spire stalagmite with the same markings swirling around and around, spiraling up and up. "If its the story behind this place that your asking about, this area has been here before the town was even established. All the markings here are just untranslatable. Archeologists, scientist's, historians, not one of them have been able to figure out where these marks come from, They have only been able to make out two words..." He points to the center spire's base. "The bottom base reads Earth." He then points at the base at the top of the stalagmite. "The top base reads Sky. This is where the league got its name... Or my theory of where they picked the name up from. The cave were in is known as Ether's Spire."

~Heroes Loft~
((SURPRISE 2/2)More....Exiles?)
As the boys check on their pokemon rest, another explosion takes place. Walking back out, Shadoan looks out among the smoke near the entrance again. "More of you rockets? JUST GET THE HE-" A pebble flies out of the smoke at Shadoans head as 3 beings in super hero costumes bust out from the smoke in a widespread line. The one to the left was dressed in Blue, The center one was dressed in red while the one on the right was dressed in purple. Each one with colored helmets based on their costumes, equipped with orange visors. "That is not how you treat an Elite pawn!" Shadoan sat up and glanced at them. "...Elite?..." "YES! ELITE! EARTH AND SKY'S TRUE AND ONLY UNSTOPPABLE TAG TEAM FORCE, THE 4 BROTHERS OF JUSTICE!!!" "Then why is there only 3 of you?" The beings paused as the blue one threw a pebble at Shadoans head again. "STOP THAT!" Getting up and rubbing his head, Irek ran out and hopped onto Shadoan's shoulder as a frown comes onto his face, he then speaks out. "HEY! GUYS! KNOCK IT OFF! You were retired 2 years ago!" The red one looked at Irek, a little puzzled before speaking. "Irek?... Are you with this unruly trainer?" Irek sighs as he hops down and begins talking to the 3 caped beings before turning back to Shadoan. "Shadoan, remember the Green Exile from last night? These are his brothers..." "WE ARE NOT HERE TO CAUSE TROUBLE!... We've simply come to recover our brother and get him medical attention." Shadoan sighs as he shakes his head. "He's already left Lethia, he attacked us last night until the leagues officers took him away. Right now, he's wounded several pokemon and severely injured our friend in that tent over there." The three hero costumed beings ran towards Kiba's tent. Uncovering the blankets and inspecting him. "This is greens handy work... If he's off Lethia, then where is he? He broke out of prison last night from what I heard." "The old captain is probably still keeping him at bay." "Maybe we should stay in Lethia for a while in case the captain fails. We could teach a few of the trainers around the region a thing or two about fighting." Kiba shift from his sleep to see three caped, helmet wearing heroes as Avaith was carrying his mate outside of the tent. He makes the attempt to speak out, though the heroes seem to be more concerned at conversing among one another.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Julia - Ether's Spire
---------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
Julia silently remarked to herself that the tournament's history wasn't morally sound. She wasn't sure what to make of it though. Did that raise questions about the authenticity of the tournament itself? Maybe, but what would the elite have to gain from pulling a stunt like that? Julia was about to pass the thought from her mind when the strange ex-elite that had attacked the loft lat night came to mind. He had been acting all zombified. Where did that fit into things? This was enough to preserve the suspicion in her head. People didn't just get zombified like that--at least she didn't think so. Something had to have done that to him, something sophisticated enough to even perform such a thing.

Julia's expression was clearly one of deep thought a Chester went on, her distraction lasting up until the point Chester started leading her deep within a cave. A brief deja vu to the first job she'd taken on the island occurred, though it clearly wasn't anywhere near a hot. "Yeah..." Julia said in a rather distant tone as her brain switched back into focusing on reality. "Thanks for the history." she continued as her eyes turned to focusing on the strange writing. It didn't seem to be natural, and yet... the stalagmite was /covered/ in the stuff! Something about it seemed oddly inhuman to her. How eerie!

Julia was aware that they still had a job to do though, and so she allowed the thoughts to pass from her mind...for the moment. "Lethia is full of a lot of wonders, isn't it? So what are we going to be doing here?" She finally gave Chester her full attention.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis

Jack sighed as everything seemed to have calmed down... except not. Three other trainers had come into the area and were pretty much claiming to be related to that crazy guy that had rampaged through here. Jack just watched the show and sighed and walked back into a tent.

The rest of his pokemon watched, confused at the entrance the three had made. Bravo grinned, "Can we battle them!?" Echo smiled weakly, "Eh, I think not Bravo. They're... kinda weird." Bravo groaned, "I can't do anything around here!" She cried out as she stomped back into the tent as Echo giggled lightly and followed after her. Foxtrot followed the two back inside and Alpha sat down as he began to clean his pendulum.

Jack paced in the tent for a bit before finally exiting and heading toward Irek, "Hey Irek? Can I ask you some questions?"

Years
Heroes Loft
Irek turned towards Jack, with his ears twitching a little, listening out into the world around them for the caravan before facing Jack, sitting back a little while using his tail to support himself. "It's what I'm here for Jack, though if about the region, my knowledge only expands to the forest, the rumors I have heard and the base of the mountain."

The three exiles exit the tent and approach Shadoan, the red one walking around him in circles as he chuckled. "You look more like a rogue trainer...." The purple one shook his head. "Maybe, though he could be more of a ruin type..."The blue one nodded his head but sighed. "That's Green's specialty though, not ours... I say he's more rogue, lets stick him on that, see how he does." Shadoan felt a little freaked out at the three so called exiles walking around him in a large circle until they stopped. The red one approached, tossing a pokeball into the air. -KLASH- Out from the ball, a Purple Charmeleon burst forth. "I will be your training partner! From here on, the exiled Brothers of Justice will be training the trainers of Lethia to prepare them for the danger that awaits them! I, Hecter, challenge you to a mock-up battle!" Shadoan glanced at him oddly, but called out for Light to rush towards him front and center. The dark pokemon hesitates at first, but rushes back towards Shadoan and arrives to fight. "How do you plan to train trainers? Isn't that a little-." "Shela, roast his Umbreon" Light was very hesitant as the purple fire breathing lizard spewed a fireblast towards him as Shadoan commanded him to dig, so dig he did. "Tera +1, Rave +1." Shadoan tilted his head a little. The man in red, Hecter was plotting a strategy, but he was speaking it aloud. "Light, Surface! Hit him with a faint attack!" "Shela, Fire Spin!" The Charmeleon encircled itself in flames as Light surfaced and got hit by the blaze shielding the fire type. Backing off, Shadoan issued a command, "USE FLASH! NOW!" "Rust +1, Tera is now one... Shela! Shadow Ball!" Through the blazing light, a dark ball flown and hit light. While attempting to endure the hit, Hecter called another command. "Destroy the tunnels." The purple Charmeleon lifted its foot and smacked hard onto the ground causing the dirt to loosen and rumble underneath Shadoan's feet and lights, causing them both to fall in. "Tera -1. Rust remains at 1, Rave -1..." Shadoan crawls from the wading hole as does light. "What in the world are you doing!?" Hecter laughs out into the sky and chuckles. "I'm giving you hints. Being a rouge is a difficult job, so its best to take into account all the information around you... Example, When Light dug underground, I assume the pokemon made nothing more but a bunch of tunnels in hopes Shela didn't chase after him. Thus the ground would be unstable, that adds the advantage of a Tera type trainer to both our favors depending on who uses it first. Using flash in order to dull our accuracy, you were about to follow up with another faint attack, using the flash of light to your advantage, a rust type trainer. Moving headstrong into a battle, signs of a Rave, That was my doing." Shadoan paused a moment to take the information he had been given into account before climbing out and pulling up his Umbreon. "So the numbers....were to keep track of both our pokemon and the fight in order to determine what strategy to use..." Hecter claps his hands in congratulations. "There might be hope for the trainers here yet. Though any trainer type can do this, its when you have to live and breathe what pokemon your using to really be successful at this role." Hecter looked back at his two brothers. "Am I right boys?" The blue one ignored him as the purple one had his arms crossed, looking unimpressed. "Though the biggest weakness to this is the complications... Hecter here keeps adding numbers to his head but can forget the strategy if you switch from one tactic to another, plus coming up with a new game plan on the spot in case one doesn't work out can also leave you in a bad position..." Shadoan looked at the three of them when he mentioned Rogues weakness. "So wait, we have weaknesses based on our roles?" The blue one turned his attention to Shadoan. "They all do. Rave is going in blindly, so meta's can either lull their pokemon to sleep or rusts make them weak. Meta's are weak to their own kind, or pokemon with invincibility to their attacks, Race's have a chance to beat them if they're fast enough. Rust sort of trainers usually have weak pokemon and can get hurt easily, ruin can be beaten by rave trainers or rogue. It doesn't really matter, everything that exists in our physical living world has a weakness. Depending on the trainer and how they use their pokemon within their roles effectively though, even the weak roles can defeat their dominating ones."

Kiba coughs and sits up, his chest and arms feeling bruised in order to looked for Mello and Avaith. Sitting in the chair next to his bed was a package with a tag reading... 'Sorry for the trouble our family has caused you, we hope the contents of this package will make up for it.' Kiba slowly but surely opens the package to find a map inside. The map is of Lethia, however its been marked with various X's! "What is this?..."

Ether's Spire
"All I need you to do is just make a few poses on the center spire. The rest of the crew will be photographing the cave. With these final pictures, we'll be able to head back to the loft and home in time for dinner." The crew sets up the various equipment as the photograph the inscribed markers while Chester setup his own camera, coaching Julia to get into different poses.

[Edited this post further]

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Julia - Ehter's Spire
"Great--I'm starved!" Julia exclaimed in a mildly humorous manner, acknowledging Chester as he informed her of what they needed to do. Chester helped her to set herself up into different poses for the camera and Julia complied with relative ease. She was completely used to the ordeal by now. It was times like this that she was glad that she was at least mildly athletic. Modeling could be surprisingly tiring she found, especially all the standing around. Luckily, being a trainer gave her plenty of exercise for her legs. It certainly wasn't bad for her figure, either!~ Regardless, Julia silenced her fatigue and did her best to do a good job for Chester. She kind of wondered if this new technology Chester was offering her as payment would really help out. She supposed it certainly wouldn't hurt, at the least, and it would probably be convenient. She really didn't /need/ extra money, as far as she was concerned. She'd have enough after these missions as it was.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • C:\
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

A Dozen X's

Kiba examined the odd map for several moments. These X marks... What are they for? The thought wandered his mind for a bit. Treasure...? Maybe warnings for deadly areas? Or perhaps the locations of the vendors... He sat upright, despite the pain brought on by his injuries. Neatly and precisely he folded the map into neat squares and placed them in his bag. I'll bring this up with the others later... Besides, I need Ki here to fix me up...

A shaky gasp emitted from the mouth of the vocally damaged Mello. A-Aviath...! Stay down... You need to recover... She patted his head, meanwhile holding onto her side. Her irbs were still bringing her pain. Maybe we both should stay still for a bit longer...

Flare padded over to the bug who seemed incapable of climbing the cliffside. Thanks, bug... He clamped his jaws onto the Heracross' horn and swung his head, releasing Jev at the right moment to send him skyrocketing upward. The Arcanine's bulk muscular figure tensed and prepared itself in what most trainers call "An Agility move". He then ran, vertically up the cliff, making a large leap into the air, catching Jev, and landing promptly on the cliff's edge. He let the likely startled Heracross rest on his back as he padded toward the campsite. At least one person has tried talking to me... Maybe this bug isn't such a pest after all...

Her eyes flickering open, Spirit watched the clearing rather desperately in hopes of seeing an old friend return. Come back Flare... I know you won't go through with your plans, I know it... As the Arcanine returned to the clearing, Jev on his back, Spirit let out a squeal of joy and quickly hovered over toward them. Flare! Flare, you're back!

Ki watched the group from afar, deciding to stop hiding as he climbed into the group's vehicle and awaited their return. He was getting Julia's attention one way or another.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

"Well, Irek, I was wondering why I haven't heard of this place before? If there are talking pokemon here wouldn't tons and tons of trainers be coming here every day? I know a lot of people who would want a talking pokemon."

Jack watched the battle go on. Well, that weird guy was rather skilled actually. Jack didn't really want to think about different types of trainers. It was simple, you battled and did your best. That's what his dad taught him so who were they to say that there were only certain ways to win? It was basically strategy, that was it. Anyone could take the time to train their pokemon to take advantage of certain terrain or to do something differently. They were acting like it was something that each trainer had to be birthed to do. He patted Golf's head lightly. She seemed to be doing well, didn't seem to be in pain, so he might as well show her around and also get to know what strengths and weaknesses she had.

Echo giggled as she ran up to Spirit, "Yeah, it's good to, uh, see you again Flare." The Sneasel said meekly as she bowed her head toward the Arcanine. "Uh... so... you still want to hold off on tonight?" she asked Spirit.

Last edited:
Years
[Sorry for the late response, I have been busy.... A LOT]

Heroes Loft
Irek took a deep breath in before looking back over at Shadoan and the three brothers, exhaling before turning back to Jack. "Because the danger here outweighs the reward. There have been multiple attempts to setup settlements here besides the town at the edge of the forest Jack. Labs, simple towns, villages, farms, each one has failed. Territorial pokemon such as rock types, bugs and others consume and destroy these sort of places here... Then there's the winter, with the scarcity of food and a good water supply, basic survival out here is impossible. The pokemon who hunt for their living target the remaining settlements that are setup out here for supplies." He closes his eyes, placing the palm of his paw over his face. "Heroes Loft will succumb to the same fate if Chester isn't careful, irregardless of the location." He pulls his palm away from his face and lifted his head up to face Jack. "Who would want to even come to a place to where you could get yourself killed or worse over a pokemon who could talk? There's no police here, no rescue crews, if you get hurt or your pokemon become severely injured, where would be the closest center or hospital if you were out this far? Putting yourself in another trainers shoes, If you knew the danger involved here, would you still come here for a pokemon that could talk?..." He chuckles a little sitting back up on his paws, reliving his tail. "Besides, even if they did come here, their efforts may be for nothing. Capturing ascension pokemon is a lot tougher... Any other questions?"

"....But wouldn't that make the roles for type of trainer utterly meaningless?" The three brothers look at one another and then back to Shadoan. "Well, its how the elites categorize it when they file you away. Every trainer on the island is assigned to each role before they are even given a chance to enter. When you fought your recruiter, your battle data was taken in from a camera in the recruiters sunglasses. It studies what you use and how you use it. From there, the league categorizes your sort of role or tactics and places that on a file. In case you die, we'll have you on file and who to distribute your badges and pokemon too, such as your next of kin..." Shadoan sighs as he helps Light up and out as he places him aside out of the crater. "Well, what now? You've only taught me what anyone else can do. Even Kiba, Jack and Julia." Hecter sighs as he sits back onto a rock created by the earthquake Shela caused. "Well, Im going to wait until the vendors come here to produce the Spring's Play." "The Spring Origin thing?" "Yes, and if you want to see it, you need tickets." A man riding a Steelix was looming over the loft as he hopped off and walked past Shadoan towards the exiles. "Were here for the setup, per Chester's request. Are you here to ensure the loft is at peace or otherwise?" Hecter looked a little irritated as he responded. "We have come looking for our brother. We think he was affected by the... you know..." Irek looked at Hecter with curious eyes. "I understand... Is Chester here?" Hecter points to Shadoan. "I'm working for him as security. He is currently out with another friend of ours taking pictures to advertise the loft. He'll be back shortly." "I see... ALRIGHT! CARAVAN!" A line of trainers and pokemon were seen coming up behind the man's Steelix, riding Dugtrios, wagon pulled Rapidash's, Onyx's with tools, objects and harnesses, Snorlax's carrying massive bags and Machamps carrying large crates and boxes. "I NEED ALL VENDORS TO SET UP THEIR WARES NEAR THE ENTRANCE OF THE LOFT!!! ALL PERFORMERS TOWARDS THE HOTEL! I NEED POKEMON CENTER AND PC SETUPS NEAR THE LAKE!" The trainers and others spread out and set things up as the Snorlaxes and Machamps start building a stage for tonight's show.

Heracross walked over to Ulla and spoke to her. "Whats happened since I was gone?" "A lot..."

Ether's Spire - Entrance
Chester finishes the pictures as the crew packs up and leads everyone up and out of Ethers Spire back into the Jeep. Looking back at Julia, he smiles. "Everything is taken, printed and sent out, we'll head back to the loft for dinner and stay for tonight's show!" He smiles widely, opening the door to the vehicle like a gentleman for her as the sun began to set towards the distance.

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Julia - Ether's Spire
Julia greeted Chester with a smile at his vehicle, apparently appreciating the courtesy. Big surprise? Maybe not. What was a big surprise, at least to Julia, was when she went to step into the vehicle and saw a familiar lucario just sitting there, all casual-like as if he totally belonged there. Julia stopped and did a double take, not quite sure what to make of it honestly. She then decidedly slid in next to the pokemon with a mildly curious look on her face. If she hadn't already convinced herself that this was not in fact a wild pokemon she would've been more uneasy about it following them. She glanced out at Chester briefly before placing her hands in her lap in preparation for the ride back.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

"Important Matters"

Deciding that nothing interesting was happening at the moment, Kiba let his eyes wander the tent. It was surprising spacious for a tent, something he hadn't really had the time to take notice of before. He glanced at his bag, then toward Mello, who had recently fallen into a peaceful-looking nap with Aviath. He couldn't help but form a faint smile. This was followed by a rather heft sigh. Damn... Why is it they can find love, and yet I'm nothing at all in that category? Am I doing something wrong?

Flare nodded quietly and just padded back into the clearing. He wasn't needed by anyone here. He watched as three unfamiliar, and... Rather disturbing... Characters were having at it. He felt a low growl in his throat, one that indicated feeling of distrust. There's something about these freaks... Something I don't like...

Spirit watched Flare pad off and tried to call to him, Flare, wait!!, but he simply left. She shook her head a bit. We're going to have to talk about it eventually, Flare... She turned to Echo, who was seeming more open and cheerful than she had before. Oh, hey... Hold off? Why would we do that?

The girl sat beside Ki, seeming confused, in thought, curious, or something of the sort. He stayed beside her, leaning back against the seat, arms crossed and eyes shut in that usual Lucario pose. After a few moments, he decided to speak up, keeping his telepathy only in her head, so that the others would not hear it. Look, I'm just going to be outright with this, because it seems like you haven't noticed. Kiba seems to like you. Quite a lot. I've been following you for a while, trying to get an idea of who you are. All I've really been able to prove from that is that you seem to be a great strategist when it comes to battling.

But that isn't what I'm here for. I came to make sure you are good enough for Kiba... I want to keep him from being hurt. He seems to have fallen for you, but I need to know if you're going to pick him back up. Moreover, I need to know that you're the right one for him. Understand?
He paused slightly, letting the girl take in everything he'd just said. He must sound very direct and forward, but it seemed necessary to him. Anything he could do to keep Kiba safe.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack nodded at Irek, "True true. But... if you could have a big expeditionary force, contact the best trainers and pay them to get into a group and explore the island, give them a good amount of healing items that money can buy and have them find and capture some talking pokemon. Getting at least one would get you a whole lot of attention no matter where in the world you are. You could get a very good business going. Just charge people to see the talking pokemon. Even just charging one dollar would quickly make itself more than enough due to the sheer volume of people who would want to come simply out of pure curiosity. You could become famous real easily. I know a couple of people I've met that would go that route if they lay their hands on a special pokemon from here." He sighed, "It's just human greed Irek. I tell you, one day someone is going to do that, nab two talking pokemon and continuously breed them and have a good time just making money and having people pay them ridiculous amounts of money so that their little girl can get a talking Pachirisu for Christmas."

Echo's eyes widened and she giggled, "Really? Okay... uh.... I have flowers and stuff like that! I... I just need to prepare some stuff!" She turned around and grabbed hold of Bravo's hand and dragged the Banette off with her, "To the dining area!" She shouted loudly as she ran off with the ghost.

Alpha got up and walked up to Spirit, "Madam, I know that Echo will probably try to dress up today. She will be showing a whole lot of mannerisms she has been taught. I assume you know how to act at a fancy dinner? If you don't make sure Echo knows, she will not want to intimidate you, I know that much."

As Echo ran past Foxtrot, she grabbed hold of the Sableye and dragged him along as well, "Found us a waiter!" Echo shouted back to Spirit. The Sableye simply sighed as he was dragged along.

Golf floated over to Irek and gave a weak cough, "Uh... hello there. I see that you can speak the human language. Can you tell my trainer that my name is Lilith, not Golf? I.... I like my old name." She said sadly.

Years
Heroes Loft
"Answer me this much, who would pay that much to send out such a expeditionary force? Besides, all offspring of the ascensions don't ascend from birth, they stay about as basic and regular as any others..." Irek looks back out over the loft. "As far as human greed runs Jack, we have seen our fair share. They never get far though, the greedy ones still have to teach them how to talk..." He pauses a moment with a big grin. "I had to learn how to speak when I was recruited, I didn't speak fluently until after a year or so. " He chuckles a little. "You try learning a new language with an Onyx and Primeape, I tell you, its not fu-! eh?" He turns his attention to Lilith. "Uh... hello there. I see that you can speak the human language. Can you tell my trainer that my name is Lilith, not Golf? I.... I like my old name." Irek turns back to Jack. "Why in the world did you name a female Dragon Golf?...." Irek turns to Lilith and back to Jack. "She's requesting you call her Lilith, her old name... Pardon me, I have a Umbreon to see and my trainer to assist."

Light is sitting on a tree stump alone as Shadoan is dealing with the recently discovered exiles while Jev approaches Light. "So the tunnels go deeper under Lethia?" Hecter chuckled. "WAAAAAAAAAAY DEEPER!!! Even to the Lost Valley's!" Shadoan tilted his head in confusion. "The lost what?" "The lost Valley's, they are sections under Lethia where you can find prehistoric and incredibly rare pokemon." The blue helmeted hero began eating a few pokemon berries as he began to speak. "Though reaching them is suicide. The map we gave your injured friend are a location of caves that lead deeper under the island to a lot of these valley's." "How is it sucide to get towards them?" Hecter pulled off his helmet to reveal he was bald, with a burn mark scarred over his right eye. "The entrance to each one is guarded by an entity. Which we have no idea what they are. All we do know is they're dangerous for us... You want to get in safety, either fall in or dig up into one."

Jev trotted over to Light who was watching Stella and Ulla taking point. "So... Life trouble?" "I didn't know that Stella felt..... I mean..." Jev picks him up overhead. "CHILL OUT! Just... Pay attention more and accept what she throws at you....Who knows, she may evolve into something more beautiful, I heard Leafeon's are fun to be around."

Chester, Julia and Ki return to the loft, surprised to see it full of life now. The hotel was fully finished and opened, The performers were setting up the stage for tonight's play, the vendors were settling in for the evening in preperation to sell their wares tomorrow and Chester recognized the new arrivals. "Hecter? Charley? Sam? Is it really you three?"

Dawn

Years
Julia - Heroes' Loft
Julia's eyes shot open as the lucario invaded the sanctity of her mind to speak to her. Woah, Woah... That was pretty trippy. She just sort of gave Ki a skeptical look for a moment. She then looked around, as if trying to make sure she wasn't attributing this voice to the wrong person. ...Huh. After a moment the voice had finished speaking and at this point she was reasonably convinced it was in fact the lucario beside her that had spoken.

...And apparently he was evaluating her worth as Kiba's girlfriend. Oh sure! It's only her value to him that matters! Suuure! Julia's immediate reaction was honestly to sort of abruptly become self-concious of the fact that she was the only girl in the group. She wasn't insulted by Ki's wording or the fact that a pokemon was sent to evaluate the attractiveness of a human to begin with. Egg group violation! Rather, she was more taken by surprise by the realization that the boys around her may very well be interested in her as more than a friend. Somehow her short gig as a model hadn't already opened her mind to that. It was probably because feeling attractive had always been more about feeling good about herself and less about impressing the boys. This had... never been an issue as far as she knew with her old friends. Perhaps it was because they'd known eachother since they were younger?

"I-um..."

Julia became a bit shy in front of the others. Her voice dropped in volume somewhat as well.

"I didn't realize... I was so focused on the tournament..."

She paused a moment before shifting a bit, resting her hands in her lap. Was Kiba attractive? The inevitable question occurred to her. He didn't want to get in the way of her winning the tournament. He didn't seem to be greedy. He didn't seem to be the abandoning type. In hindsight he was fairly nice to look at. On the other hand he was too afraid to ask her himself. Word on the gossip vine had it most boys did that, but she wasn't sure... Perhaps he was merely afraid of rejection, like she'd heard other girls discussing. On the other hand, what if he just honestly didn't have a backbone? Decidedly it seemed a bit early to judge.

Julia passed the dilemna from her mind for the moment. She had someone talking to her.

"I ... don't know! I don't think I'd say no, but... I haven't thought about it until now..!"

She paused a moment

"...What would you like to know..?"

He had stated a desire to figure out whether she was right for Kiba, and Julia had respected it by offering to let him question her. How else would he test her? It seemed appropriate anyway. Yet, they had arrived at the loft. Julia stepped out of the vehicle and waited for Ki.

Last edited:

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

The Pidgeys and the Beedrills

Kiba sat up, alone in the tent, except for the loving couple huddled together. With a bit of effort (and some pained cringes) he was able to bend down, picking up the resting Pokemon, and gently stroking both of their heads. Is this the only companionship I'll ever have...? It's not bad, but... His head down, he closed his eyes and let a light sigh escape his lips. It's not good enough...

Elsewhere, Flare was roaming around, seeing that everyone had shown up while they were gone. He decidedly sat down, watching the vendors build up their little shops.

Spirit gazed at Alpha, with that sort of "... Really?" look on her face. Uh... Sure? Her tone was about the least sure it could possibly sound.

She seems flustered, thought Ki in a moment of silence. You don't have to lower your voice, you don't even have to speak. Just think the thoughts in your head and direct those thoughts toward me. He seemed to be scanning her expression for a few seconds before he continued. You didn't realize? Did you notice that he pushed you over conveniently right before he became severely injured? He pushed you out of the blast at his own expense. It's that reason that he's all alone back in that tent. No one interacts with him. No one ever did. The only exception being Pokemon, and other trainers wanting to battle.I can guarantee you that at this very moment he is feeling lonely and isolated, even if he is in a group.

Seeing as the vehicle had pulled up to their camp site, Ki gave the surroundings a quick glance, climbing out of the vehicle beside her. Afterward he sort of just led her over to the shade of a random tree on the edge of the clearing. What I want to know is simple. I care for him far too much to see him hurt because some woman ripped out his heart. He's dealing with enough pain as we speak. He's fallen for you, mentally and physically. He was willing to die in order to save you. It's a miracle that he lives to this moment.

I've only seen him fall for one woman before, and she was so cold-hearted as to reject him while the whole scene was broadcast over national television. The reason Kiba has never returned to Kanto's League wasn't for the reason he says... That woman is Lorelei, the Ice-Type master of the Elite Four. At that point, he simply gave up on love, but something about you has that emotion burning up in him. He glances at the tent for a moment, before continuing, All I need to know is that you won't rip him to shreds like that cruel woman did years ago... Even if you ignore this, it will only build up over time.

He turned to face her directly. And in case you're curious as to why I know so much about him, as well as why this is so important to me is, because... He paused, opening up his eyes to look Julia directly in hers. His eyes were different, the left being a common Lucario's Ruby color, while the right gleamed in a purple color, similar to that of a hydrangea flower. Because he's my closest brother.

Greiger

A mad mind... hehe
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Oct 1, 2023
Jack Davis​

Jack shrugged to Irek's comments, "Well, depends on if they know that when they do send the forces. Also, who do you think will send them? The rich people of course! Those that will pay big bucks so that their children become trainers with a talking pokemon. It makes sense to me." Suddenly Golf came over and Irek and suddenly the Pikachu was telling him that her name was Lilith. "Wait... what?" However Irek was already gone. Jack turned to the Dragonair that just looked at him, "So... Lilith?" The dragon eagerly nodded as Jack frowned, "Huh.... never had a pokemon tell me that they had a name before.... well, if you REALLY want me to, I guess I can." The Dragonair let out a happy cry and nuzzled her face against his chest. He chuckled and patted her head, "Easy, let's check on Kiba, alright?" He walked into the tent and smiled at Kiba, "Getting better man?"

Alpha chuckled at Spirit's reaction. "It's all fine Spirit! She'll understand. She just really wants to impress you I imagine. She wants to show just how much she's willing to do to make the relationship work. However-" He narrowed his eyes, "-hurt her... do something that makes her cry, and I will kill you.... well, glad we had this talk!" He said cheerfully as he walked away, busy cleaning his pendulum once more.

Echo had dragged both Foxtrot and Bravo to a place behind a tent and smiled, "Alright, we'll need a table, chairs, flowers, a candle, and just fancy stuff!" She said happily. "She'll be so happy!" Bravo smirked, "Of course! I'll go get the flowers!" The sableye shrugged, "I'll get the candle and fancy stuff?" Echo nodded, "And I'll get the table and chairs!" Echo ran off as Foxtrot scratched the back of his head, "Well, this has made things different." Bravo giggled, "Do as the lady tells you! Move out!" The two headed off, Bravo to the flower patch and Foxtrot to the camp to find what they needed.

As Jack talked to Kiba he heard some sound and peeked out of the tent and quickly pulled back in, "Uh... Kiba. Julia is here."

Years
Heroes Loft

"ALRIGHT PEOPLE! The show is almost setup! Those with tickets to tonight's play, check that you have them and be sure to provide your own seats!" The troupe's pokemon had finished building the stage and stood around it, guarding the rim. Irek approached Shadoan who had finished talking to the exiles and presented him with a ticket. "This is yours, I have enough tickets for the whole team and the others." Shadoan nodded as he took the ticket and glanced over at Light, Ulla, Jev and Stella. "Jev, the show will be starting soon." The knuckle headed bug nodded as Irek walked up to the 4 of them, offering them tickets as Jev asked for Avaiths and Mello's Ticket. "I'll be back in a moment." Light and Stella approach the stage with Ulla riding Light's back, presenting theirs as well and walking past them. Irek walked towards Kiba's tent, hopped onto Kiba's bed and stuck his ticket under a bandage on his arm and gave Jack his for himself and his team. "I'm going to Julia and giving hers for herself and her team. I'll meet you boys at the stage." Irek dashes out as Shadoan looks back over at Jack and Kiba. "Well, you'll have a chance to talk to her. Irek says tonights play is suppose to depict the origin of this region. It seems to be something worth watching since he claims the other officers go to watch it when they have time off?..." Shadoan pauses a moment and looks around. "Jack... Where are your pokemon?"

Chester waked into Kiba's tent and presents the boys with a package for each of them. "It's not money for tonight, though I think this would be sufficient." Shadoan opens his package to reveal the Gyro-Gear. The device's screen circular and the size of his palm. Along inside the box was a glove, a clamp for the arm or ankle and a thick necklace chain. "What are these?" Chester chuckled "Gyro Gears, the next generation of trainer utility and tools. Though don't release until the Summer, so its 3 weeks away. I head the company that designed these devices and had them created to use specifically within the region. They still rely on the radio tower for phone connections, my developers though are still trying to get around that... Enjoy your toy's boys, Ill see you at tonight's play." Walking out, Chester spots Irek, looking for Julia as he walks over and lifts him onto his shoulder. "I'll give her the tickets, just go join your friends." Irek passes him off her tickets as he hops off and runs back towards Kiba's Tent as Chester walks over to Julia. "I'm sorry I walked off like that. I just met some acquaintances... Here is your payment and a gift from the league." Chester presents to her a package containing her gear and the ticket to tonight's show. "I hope you enjoy the show." With a tip of his hat, Chester, his daughter and the Exiles make their way towards the stage, waiting for the show to begin.

-Gyro Gear Acquired: To all members within Heroes Loft-

Last edited:

Dawn

Years
Name - Location
Julia made a point to close her mouth as Ki spoke. She wasn't sure how to feel about someone violating the privacy of her mind. It didn't feel all that good, and yet...was it a big deal? She wasn't sure. Regardless, an omnipresent pink blush graced her cheeks throughout the duration of the conversation, the most telltale sign of exactly how she felt. On one hand she didn't have an immediate problem, but on the other, what if Kiba wasn't the only boy with an interest? Once again she became self-conscious of being the only girl. Would wading into these waters cause a problem in the group dynamic?

...Fear graced her mind, helping to distract her from all the implications being thrown around. She was afraid of finding out what the consequences of her actions might yield. When Ki phrased Kiba's actions at the loft during the earlier attack that way it caused her to feel guilt. I mean, sure she had known it was him, and sure she'd recognized the significance, but never had her mind wandered to presume it was a bid for companionship, let alone that specific flavor of companionship...

"..."

Julia forced herself to disregard group dynamics. It was a strong habit from the old days, but these were not the friends she'd come to the tournament fighting for. She was an independent girl and needed to think about what /she/ wanted, not what was best for the group. The decision was emotionally painful for her, as being fully independent of friends was... honestly startlingly new for her. A flashback to stumbling out of a particular cave, cooked like a turkey, and passing out under a tree. Waking up in a room and being filled in that a couple of strange boys had taken it upon themselves to carry her around.

"..."

Julia's expression became frustrated in alignment with her annoyance with her own inability to figure out what she wanted to say as she observed Ki's oddly colored eye. Now what exactly was he implying? Her own conclusions disturbed her, and so she set them aside for later thought. Finally, she regained her composure and forced it out.

"I--..."

A brief pause, before the torrent of thoughts she'd been holding back poured out like a river crashing through a dam. A certain pokemon had come to deliver Julia her reward, to which Julia met with an awkward smile and a polite thank you. Finally, once her reward had been given and the messenger had went on his way, she continued.

"I'm not going to do that. I don't know what I'm going to do, but I'm not going to try and /hurt/ him. ...I just--This is the first time, and... Maybe I should go to him and... talk about it. I just--I've never heard him say it."

She shook her head. She knew why, and yet it didn't satisfy her. Perhaps the talk would make or break this entire situation. Being forward about this sort of thing wasn't exactly the easiest thing for her regardless. She had this sinking feeling she couldn't count on Kiba to be forward at all, though.

Satan.EXE

King of the Hell
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Jun 12, 2015

Kiba

Flare

Mello

Spirit

Ki

Ki-upid

The feeling of his stomach closing in on itself, his heart feeling as if it were inflated with helium and attempting to escape from his chest; these feelings seemed to bubble up inside. I feel like something big is about to happen... But is it going to be good or bad? It seems like every time I've felt the foresightedness of my own body it turns out to be bad. But I can't just live to expect negativity, because then I wouldn't be living. In response to Jack, Kiba gave a half-distracted nod. Was he really feeling okay though? He'd been in bed all day, he wasn't really sure how to check.

I just need to wait for Ki... He'll have me walking again... But... Am I ready? Being bed-ridden has given me a long time to think, but... Maybe I need to have some sort of epiphany? If fate is a true law, then it should seem so... He sort of just lost all of his concentration with Jack's next comment. S-She's back? He gulped slightly. He knew she wouldn't bother to even give him the time of day (which might actually be useful, since he's been in a tent and lost track of time), but even mentioning her made him feel... Woozy. Whether that was a good thing or a bad thing, he'd never know. She seems somewhat familiar though... Why can't I stop thinking about her? I just can't figure it out... Irek came in for only a moment and slipped something under Kiba's arm. He shuffled himself around to reach it and hold it in front of his eyes. A ticket...?

Mello shifted in her sleep, though even Kiba's movement did not wake her.

Flare watched Ki and Julia, off in the distance across the area. What are you up to, Ki...? He turned back to watch the vendors and the circus as they were all preparing for something. This was pretty much all he wanted to do at this point. Are Charlie and I all that different? The thought went by his mind quickly, but it stuck. How wasn't he? Getting pissed off and attacking people who didn't deserve it-- He was just like Charlie!! Flare felt the need to roar in fury at his own foolishness, but instead kept to himself. How can I be so stupid? I went off to lecture him, and I've done no different. I should be ashamed of myself.

Spirit watched Alpha, somewhat drained of her energy now. Is Alpha bipolar?? I've never seen someone go from death threat to praise...

Ki watched as Julia pretty much began tearing herself apart with her own thoughts. He placed a reassuring paw on her shoulder, his eyes closed thoughtfully. I... Trust you. You've given me no reasons against it. Though a talk would be best. He glanced at the ticket handed to Julia, and watched Irek for a moment before looking back to Julia, lowering his paw. It seems everyone has been invited with those tickets. Though Kiba won't be able to go, considering his condition. I could have him walking again soon, so I think you should probably go talk to him now, or soon.

He glanced at the tent. He's in there, and he's still awake. You should go in, ask Jack to leave, because I'm sure you'd rather speak privately, and just talk to him about it. I know how he acts, and that may be the only way to get this ordeal dealt with. If you haven't noticed, he does keep to himself. He rarely speaks unless spoken to, so if you start up a conversation he'll have no choice but to respond. Understand? He watched her, his eyes reflecting his calm nature. And don't beat yourself up with these thoughts, because it won't help anyone. He watched her for a moment before shrugging a shoulder toward the tent.

Back