• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Advance Map Tutorial

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
needed in order to get correct behaviour.

score_under

Inactive; Former ROM hack tool author, ❤️
Years
I made a warp, but whenever I use it ingame, this message pops up:

Unsuppoted BIOS function c7 called from 020023fc. A BIOS file is
needed in order to get correct behaviour.
I think you need to touch up on your warping skills - VBA is executing some meaningless code somewhere and it's because of a badly-made warp (I'm guessing).

yomamathecableguy

Has a lot of projects going on
Years
hey everyone. i've been thinking about starting an emerald hack, so i started messing around with advance map. i wrote a few scripts, a couple mart scripts, etc., and inserted them. then i started messing with the map because i figured "well, it's not going to go too well if i just change what happens. i've got to change the look of it too." so i changed the home town around a lot, and i saved it, and it looks great when you're in the town, but when i go out to the first route, go out a few steps, and come back, it's all glitchy. any idea why this is happening??

Years
  • Seen Jan 27, 2014
I think you need to touch up on your warping skills - VBA is executing some meaningless code somewhere and it's because of a badly-made warp (I'm guessing).
no way. I have made dozens of warps, and about 10 are working on this particular map. I changed the warp location, worked fine. So I have no idea what the problem is.

Years
  • Seen Jul 20, 2008
Question!

I have the new version of "Adavnce Map" and I was playing around with the "wild pokemon view" When I play Fire Red I get the same type of pokemon over and over again and not the ones I've chosen along with that type. What's going on? Is it the rom that I'm using or.......What else?

P0tat0eboy

Beginner Hacker
Years
Hello,

I was just making my own little hack for my Leaf Green, and so I made a new map, easy. I made the warps, works perfectly. So I had put legendary pokemon in my new map, works fine.

I TRIED to hide Master Balls, Rare Candies and Nuggets... Did not work as well.
Any help would be appreciated =)

Tropical Sunlight

The Faltine
Years
Hello,

I was just making my own little hack for my Leaf Green, and so I made a new map, easy. I made the warps, works perfectly. So I had put legendary pokemon in my new map, works fine.

I TRIED to hide Master Balls, Rare Candies and Nuggets... Did not work as well.
Any help would be appreciated =)

If you want them invisible: Create a signpost and then select 'Hidden Item'. Now you just have to choose Master Balls, Nuggets and Rare Candies :)

If you want them to be inside Pokeballs, script of copy an offset from somewhere else :)

P0tat0eboy

Beginner Hacker
Years
If you want them invisible: Create a signpost and then select 'Hidden Item'. Now you just have to choose Master Balls, Nuggets and Rare Candies

Sorry for the late reply, I had to change computers and file transferring was slow.

Alright,

So I create a new Signpost, click on the item I want, and thats it ? I don't have to fill in the Talking Level, Unknown: , Hidden ID and Amount ? Or do I leave it to zero's ?

What if I would like to be able to pick the item up more than once ? Like, when I pick up the item, it would re-appear, forever ? Would it be possible ?

I appreciate all the help I get,

Thanks, =)

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
Years
Advance map help

Hi!
I've been having some problems with advance map.
its a really good program, only when I create new maps and insert them, it doesnt ask for an offset.
This is making it where every map I make is named PALLET TOWN.
When I try to change the name, it changes every other map with the name PALLET TOWN also. I have tried changing the hacked maps alone, the true PALLET TOWN alone, the hacked ones alone with all other folders closed and pallet town with all other folders closed. I've searched for free space, but it doesnt insert an offset. It may seem like a very minor problem, but it is esseintial for me to rename them because it is a very MAJOR part of my game. If anyone could help I would truly appreciate it.

Years
  • Seen Jan 24, 2015
Here are some of the Movement Permissions I know:
0=Door, ANY Staircase
1=Cannot Walk Through
1C= 2nd Level of Mountain
1D=2nd level of mountain thet CANNOT be traversed through.
4=Cannot walk through without surf
5=Rock/obstacle at sea (replaces 1)
10=Bridge
14=1st Level of Mountain
24=3rd Level of Mountain
25=3rd Level of mountain that CANNOT be traversed through
C=Can Walk Through
D=Sign

Years
  • Seen Dec 1, 2011
im also very internested in a way to change the name of the new maps i have created

hope someone can help with this.

Don't you just go to the header and change the map name in the "New Name" space?

Greyson

Came just to kill your thread.
Years
Don't you just go to the header and change the map name in the "New Name" space?
I tried that , It changes every other map with the same name, which now is six names on my A-map.
EDIT: They are the ones that I made that have the same name, and pallet town

robie392

Pokemon Prof.
Years
Thankz for the guide it helped me remember a lot of things about advance map that i forgot when I fell asleep one day (I'm not joking)!

Years
  • Seen Apr 24, 2011
Connections...

Nice guide, except i still have a problem...I have the starting town, then you walk down and go to a beach, I want them BOTH to connect to a route to the left, so I went on connections, but when i connect them all up, they get all messed up and misaligned in the game.

If you can help it would be much appreciated.
Thanks

Years
  • Seen Jul 28, 2010
Ive kinda just picked up the advanced map a few days ago and ive figured out inserting /creating maps and how to "connect" a map but i have a little problem i have no clue how to fix. Whenever I create a map in advanced map and insert it to any map it is always added to the PALLET TOWN header on the left bar. I've only had a problem now when i was editing route 4 and connected a route above it (which I want to call ROUTE 26) whenever my character will walk through the threshold from rt 4 to rt 26 the little sign that pops up reads PALLET TOWN...I want that to read rt 26 but whenever I change it, it changes all the maps ive made to be RT 26 and also changes the PALLET TOWN maps to RT 26. Whenever I make a new make it automatically adds to this header and I dont know how to add new ones so that each map can have a different header.....It's confusing for me to explain as im new to this. I think I might be having the same problem as greyson. (also the create new name button is grayed out)

Years
  • Seen Apr 12, 2010
Hi all! I am new here and i got Advance map for my Fire Red ROM. But i have a problem. When i am going to pallet town(original size and everything)that i have modified some i get trapped. I go from route 1 too pallet, and then i walk into some house and then when i want to go back to route 1 i am trapped and se tilesets and stuff and cant get out. I saw somewhere i need too get the warps right but they are that now. so what should i do now? :S Thanks for help :)

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back