• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Pokemon Ryen

Who's idea should we use for the second gym? (Ideas posted in the thread)

• Total voters
Status
Not open for further replies.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
Ok, Signas City is pretty much finished (mapping). 44tim44 is the winner of the contest! I took his design and messed around with it and i'm really satisfied with it (and i'm sure you guys will like it too). The city is big and has an underground mall (which I haven't made the tiles for yet or mapped). Just to satisfy everyone here's a screen from signas City:

capture313.png
Yay, I won !!

|m| I rulez!

xD, no just kidding, thanks a lot for choosing my map.
I'm looking forward to see your version of it.

//44tim44

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
With SL's mapping, I wonder if it looks anything like the original. And ya, I suspected Florinda too. I asked you about it and you said that you couldn't answer that (which means yes).

Plus the old lady in the house where you find Nidorino says "The gym leader's pokemon hang out here sonny's, now go get me some tapeoka!" (ok maybe that last part wasn't all true, but close enough)
Are you talking about something in the beta or what? Anyway, the new map will probablly look a whole lot different then the orignial, but it's the same concept and format. Sl might also add some new features into the map that will make the new map different from the original like adding the car and the underground mall. I wonder if he'll add flowers to the map because that's what 44tim44 lacked.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Now that I think of it, most of the maps that I've seen about Ryen are really cramped. For example, I didn't see much space to move around in the map in the new video. So I think that 44tim44's format will be a great addition to Ryen because that's tons of room. It seems like a perfect place to hatch eggs if SL adds the feature. That reminds me, when are young to add a daycare, SL? Though, no one might have the script for such things because I don't remember anyone adding stuff like that. Well, people might do, but are not concentrating on it yet.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
A vehicle and an underground mall, wow! The update looks great and please keep it up!
Thanks, but you still haven't seen anything if you think that's amazing!

I kind of figured that Florinda was a gym leader, and I left out some words in my other post. I was asking if she was the 2nd gym leader, but you already answered that. Cdrew, Ryushin and I, the idealists, thought your map was good. However, we didn't give our response to SL who asked us to come up with a winner. Well, congrats 44tim44! I can't wait to see more of Signas City.
Yeah, there was a huge mix-up of who the real winner was going to be, but it's all settled now. You'll see more of Signas city soon, in this update and my sig!

With SL's mapping, I wonder if it looks anything like the original. And ya, I suspected Florinda too. I asked you about it and you said that you couldn't answer that (which means yes).

Plus the old lady in the house where you find Nidorino says "The gym leader's pokemon hang out here sonny's, now go get me some tapeoka!" (ok maybe that last part wasn't all true, but close enough)

Well somethings you can still tell were from the original deign but much of it is changed (such as the location of the gym). And please don't reveal any storyline events (even if they're small) to the public before the demo release.

Awesome Storyline

Amazed There Were Only 3 Enteries

Cant Wait To See More of Pokemon Ryen
Thanks, but the storyline in the first page is just a small intro of what's later to come! Ryen's storyline will be complex and many hints will be provided throughout the game to what is actually going on but don't worry, everything will seem clear in the end.

Yay, I won !!

|m| I rulez!

xD, no just kidding, thanks a lot for choosing my map.
I'm looking forward to see your version of it.

//44tim44
You're welcome! Remember that the winner gets to be in a sidequest!

Now that I think of it, most of the maps that I've seen about Ryen are really cramped. For example, I didn't see much space to move around in the map in the new video. So I think that 44tim44's format will be a great addition to Ryen because that's tons of room. It seems like a perfect place to hatch eggs if SL adds the feature. That reminds me, when are young to add a daycare, SL? Though, no one might have the script for such things because I don't remember anyone adding stuff like that. Well, people might do, but are not concentrating on it yet.

Yeah a bunch of places can get really cramped (that's why I might be remapping Gullport). Signas city is really open space-wise, so yeah it would be a good place to hatch eggs.

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

More Changes!:
Like I said before, most updates will have a section such as this!:

I made new tiles for Rising City! Here are 3 screens to show what I've been working on!:

capture316.png

capture315.png

capture314.png

Here are 2 screens from Signas City (Signas City is not yet populated and I will change the stairs ASAP)!:

capture318.png

capture317.png

Finally a new lab for Prof. Oak by 44tim44!

capture319.png

New Pokemon?:

Ok this going to be purely on a majority vote so I need to know which sprite of our new pokemon you guys prefer.

pokemonwater.png

<~F.M.P~>

I got you whistling Blue Box!
Years
Very nice Maps. Your tiles look amazing, and I also prefer the fakemon on the left...Keep it up.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
Is one the two pokemon going to be a prevo of sheal, qwuilfish, or seal? If it's a prevo for one of those then I'm going to go with the 2nd one because it resembles one of those more. Rising City looks cramped... great tilesets, though.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
Is one the two pokemon going to be a prevo of sheal, qwuilfish, or seal? If it's a prevo for one of those then I'm going to go with the 2nd one because it resembles one of those more. Rising City looks cramped... great tilesets, though.
No it's a new line of Pokemon. I know Rising City lloks cramped but intended it to be that way, on the other hand gullport city needs to be remapped.

TeddiursaFan

is a TeddiursaFan
Years
  • Seen Jan 8, 2013
oh, I thought you were just going to make fakemon that were either prevos or evos of another pokemon...

fireyboy345

Skilled Pokemon Trainer
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Oct 10, 2014
yay! You guys like my sprite. It took me and shineylugia a couple of days to make one that we liked.

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016

Update

capture205.png

(prototype, new one with protagonists and flosting gems coming soon...)
Tittle screen music currently custom remix of metroid zero mission tittle screen music...

Um...Yeah...:
Ok, I'm somewhat upset over the fact that I've been gone for almost a month and no one posted. The thread almost died! Ok, now that that's out of the way, yes I took a break to deal with some issues that I came across. I didn't get much done during the last month so this is going to be a small update.:

2nd Dream?:

Just a few screens of the 2nd dream you have. Many storyline details are hinted in this event but since I have decided not to reveal the major storyline details the screens are very vague.

capture320.png

capture321.png

capture322.png

capture323.png

*I'm very excited about Soul Silver and Heart Gold, I still have my crystal (first Pokemon game EVER).

sonic smash down

Where those that train, train hard!
Years
its asome dude, and srry ive been gone to....anyways good to see duskull again, and as for the second dream graphics, they look pretty good

shinylugia249

I'm back
Years
  • Seen Sep 29, 2016
its asome dude, and srry ive been gone to....anyways good to see duskull again, and as for the second dream graphics, they look pretty good
No dude I understand, things come up. Thanks, the 2nd dream is going to be the first of the complex dreams. The 1st dream is short but the 2nd dream is packed with information.

tImE

It's still me, 44tim44 ;)
Years
The new updates look great SL!

I'm sorry I haven't posted, but I'm that kinda guy who rarely posts unless I can help someone or
when I react to something.
Anway, can't wait to see more of the 2nd Dream ;)

//44tim44

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back