• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[Pokémon] ~>{*Shiny Hunters Club}<~

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, despite my absence from this club, I've been hunting since my last post. Got up 20,020 encounters for Paras on FR/LG, then stopped and switched to Heracross. Since then, I've focused on Darkrai and Numel on Sapphire. I have 11,201 SRs for the nightmarish fiend and 5580 encounters for the lava-loving camel.

Good luck everyone, and wish me luck as well. It's been over a month since my last shiny. :(

Chr. Draco

Spatial Rift
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Jan 11, 2024
March is close, I wonder if we're still going to have march madness this year.

Nothing new for now, but still SRing and hunting.

Good luck everyone.

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2013
Jeeze, I haven't been here in forever. Congrats to new shinies everyone :D.

I've been quite busy, and I recently lost my job(business closed), so I've spent a lot of time shiny hunting. So far this year I've gotten shiny Latias, Latios, Torchic and Kangaskhan. The first three were SR'd for and the Kangaskhan hatched(Masuda Method) in 72 eggs.

I'm currently SRing for a secret shiny in SoulSilver, Kecleon in Sapphire 1, and random encountering for Poochyena/Zigzagoon/Wurmple on Route 101 in Sapphire 2(plus some Beldum SR's on the side in Ruby). I'm up to 10529 SR's for my secret SS shiny currently, crossing my fingers that it'll appear before 20k SR's.

So once again congrats to new shinies everyone :).

Evil Sonic

Fufufu, All according to plan.
Years
  • Seen Jun 5, 2023
I started hatching today and on the first batch I got my shiny Staryu at last!

It came on the 784th egg!

NAME: Asteron
NATURE: Naive
HP: 11 ATK: 6 DEF: 6 SP. ATK: 6 SP. DEF: 5 SPD: 6

asteroninfo.jpg

Nature|Stats

Now I gotta get a Duskull, but should I take a break and do a chain first?

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Congrats on that shiny Staryu! I say forget the PokeRadar, and go on to hunting for Duskull!

Still hunting for Darkrai. Stopped hunting for Numel at 8200 encounters, I'll get back to it later...I'm at 14,935 soft resets for Darkrai. Bringing up my SR/random encounter totals for Piplup and Heracross, too, but I'm not counting anymore. I also resumed hatching for Riolu on Diamond.

LoneStarAkira

This place is cooler already!
Years
Darnit, my posts deleted because I can't use any links in my posts yet... x__x

(I didn't see a pledge or anything on the first post, so I hope I didn't miss anything)

I'd love to join, please. Shiny hunting's been a hobby of mine for years, but I've been hunting alot more often in the past two years. I have over 70 shinies in total that I've caught myself; many of them caught by chaining, 25 of them by random encounter. I also have 1 Masuda Method shiny, which by pure luck, showed on the very first egg. ^^

I can't really list all of my shinies here, but I will have my shiny banner (which needs updating) on my sig by the end of the day, so I hope that's good enough. My current hunts are Abra in the Game Corner (I've seen about 1500 so far), and Mudkip (at least 5000 SRs done so far), which has been a bit of an unfortunate hunt for me, since I accidentally SR'd over a shiny Mudkip, and then a shiny uncatchable Poochyena showed its face not even half an hour afterwards.

Even on this recent page I recognise some faces from Serebii. Hey, Fufu. : D
I hope I'm welcome here. ^_^

Syrp

...And here comes the mystery.
Years
OH.

OOOOOH.

OOOOOOOOOOOOH.

Can I join THIS club?

My therapist said it was the best way of getting out of the house!

Years
  • Seen Feb 19, 2011
Hmm now part of a shiny contest. I have to get Psychic types, so I'm hunting

LG1: Mewtwo SR
Ruby: Solrock RE
Pearl: Uxie
Diamond2: Bronzor
Diamond1: will breed some.

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Hey there, LSA, and welcome to the SHC. You'll have to wait for a co-owner/owner to formally admit you as a member, but you can keep on posting here if you like.

I got shiny Darkrai a few days ago after 16,334 SRs. Here are some pics:

Spoiler:

Now I'm focusing on getting a shiny Heracross in LG and a shiny Gible in Platinum. I'm also hatching Riolu eggs when I have some time.

Good luck, everyone.

LoneStarAkira

Years
21jrj3m.png

75 encounters... By far the shortest hunt I've ever had to do, and I found him on SoulSilver, which makes things even more awesome! :D
I couldn't be happier right now; in the past two days I've obtained two shinies that I've desperately wanted for so long!

Caught in a Love Ball!
Nickname Screen
Nature Screen
Stats Screen Rash nature, AWESOME. :3
He doesn't like having 1HP...

While I was fishing for a Chinchou to Illuminate for this hunt, I found that Shellder and Chinchou are highly common by Super Rod when you fish in Route 47. Once I get a Sticky Hold Grimer to help with fishing, I'm going to get started! I've also started SRing for Charmander on Leaf Green. It'd be awesome if it shone fast like this guy. : D

Good luck on any hunts people are working on, and I congratulate Fufu again on his amazing shiny Darkrai!

Calder

Gamertag: LycaNinja
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
I thought I might as well join since I get so many shinnies...

My List of Shiny:
Giratina
Azelf
Uxie
Rotom
Ponyta
Magikarp
Gible
Geodude
Kadabra
Machop

and I get new ones all the time

Favorite Shiny:
487.png

Hey there, LSA, and welcome to the SHC. You'll have to wait for a co-owner/owner to formally admit you as a member, but you can keep on posting here if you like.

I got shiny Darkrai a few days ago after 16,334 SRs. Here are some pics:

Spoiler:

Now I'm focusing on getting a shiny Heracross in LG and a shiny Gible in Platinum. I'm also hatching Riolu eggs when I have some time.

Good luck, everyone.

I have a shiny Gible if you want it...

LoneStarAkira

Years
I have a shiny Gible if you want it...
Most people would rather catch their own shinies instead of trading from someone else. D:

I've picked up my Masuda Method Carnivine hunt once again. I left it at 330 eggs, and now I'm up to 420. I know the odds of it, but I'm really hoping that it'll show up before 1000. I've only ever hatched one MM shiny in the past, and it was a total fluke that I did (first egg).

EV training my shiny Wooper, too. : D I'll post pics of him when he's all EV trained~

Calder

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011

Most people would rather catch their own shinies instead of trading from someone else. D:

I've picked up my Masuda Method Carnivine hunt once again. I left it at 330 eggs, and now I'm up to 420. I know the odds of it, but I'm really hoping that it'll show up before 1000. I've only ever hatched one MM shiny in the past, and it was a total fluke that I did (first egg).

EV training my shiny Wooper, too. : D I'll post pics of him when he's all EV trained~

your not fufu you don't know if they won't accept a trade or not

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
It's great to see that the place seems to have livened up somewhat. ^^
I don't have anything new yet, so...

Congratulations on all the newest Shiny Pokemon, everyone. 8D

Calder

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Apr 28, 2011
Got Shiny Manaphy finally, my date on my DS is messed up (as it always is) so it says Feb. 28th, 2010 but I just got it yesterday. :)
490.png

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
your not fufu you don't know if they won't accept a trade or not

Regardless, I don't think we're allowed to discuss trades here anyway. And for the record, I'm not interested.

I'm trying to get at least shiny Heracross before HG/SS...I'm starting to lose faith, though, only nine more days for the games to be released!

Good luck, everyone.

Shadow Chaos

Has gone...
Years
  • Seen Aug 9, 2012
Hmm... A Pokemon before the release of Heart Gold & Soul Silver, eh?

Very well. I shall try and Chain myself a Shiny Scyther, and evolve it into a Shiny Scizor! D8<

It's Just Fufu

Nostalgia is powerful.
Years
Well, it looks like I spoke too soon!

Post from Serebii said:
Note before I post: Serebii has been really trippy for me lately, so if you see something like a quadruple post, I apologize in advance. I assure you that it was not inentional.

Wow, so many new shinies! Congrats on the quick shiny Shaymin and Mawile to Middy and S_D respectively, and congratulations on your first shiny, Toastman! Is it a Masuda shiny?

Dunno if anyone read my post on the previous page, but I jokingly brought up the possibility of an upset for March Madness.

Little did I know that my sarcastic post would be a lot more accurate that I thought it would be.

Why do I say that?

Well...let's just say that March Madness is just starting for me!

Spoiler:

That's right, folks. After over 1100 Max Repels on FR and 420 Super Repels on LG, it is finally mine...I'm soooo delighted with this new shiny! Another long hunt as finally come to an end! I also got the live encounter on camera (too bad it's horrible quality), so you guys have that to look forward to as well.

ACKKK!!!! I JUST CHECKED, and my shiny Heracross has Guts! Goodness gracious, what an amazing way to end the week! The best part is, I got it right before HG/SS, which is exactly what I wanted.

I'll be migrating it directly to my Platinum version shortly, where I will check its exact IVs and edit this post later.

Now, earlier I said that Dratini would be my next hunt on FR/LG for DarkLatios' contest, but with availability of an SRable Extremespeed Dratini on HG/SS, hunting for Dratini now would be somewhat pointless, so I'll have to hunt a different Dragon target on FR/LG. However, none immediately come to mind. I'm trying to finish up this post quickly, just in case my computer shuts down on me because it has a tendency to do that. For the time being, I'll just return to Route 8 on both games in search of a shiny Growlithe/Vulpix. However, my next main target will be Trapinch on Ruby and Sapphire.

Anyways, yeah, I'll just wrap this up with a good luck to everyone, and be on the look out for the live encounter video some time tomorrow!

And that's basically it! I can't believe that I got it today, either; I was seriously starting to think I wouldn't get a new shiny until well after HG/SS were released...

Good luck everyone!

Lady Demoonica Darkmoon

Shiny Hunters Club Co-Owner
Years
Congrats Fufu. *hugs*

You all seem to be doing well with out the old co-owners watching your backs like hawks. The place seems to have slowed down, but with any luck do you think the the G/S remakes will draw in a crowd?

Shiny UPDATE: Caught a Tentacool and a Roselia during the time I was gone.

Last edited:
Back