• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Seismitoad versus Simipour

Do you wish to pour water on the toad?

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
thank you rainbow and golurk for being amazing. sorry it's late, it completely slipped my mind once yesterday passed!

Nevertheless, both are strong watery attackers, and that's about all I can really say. :3

537.gif
6219A.png
516.gif

When comparing the two, I want you to also base it on which you'd use competitively, which do you think has the better chance, which you used in-game, which you like the design-of best, and what strategies you think one could use to beat the other. Each week these polls will continue until all combinations and tiers are used up (each Pokemon compared will be from the same competitive tier). To find out more about tiers, and how you can get the most out of these Pokemon, check out Battle Center. So which do you choose? Don't forget to post in the thread when voting in the poll, either!

Years
I basically chose Simipour for these obvious reasons:

No 4x weaknesses. Seismitoad's typing may have only one weakness, but being 4x weak to something is not fun. Simipour already has few weaknesses anyway and can obviously counter Grass better than Seismitoad. (The latter has no access to Ice Beam)

Simipour has balanced offenses with good Speed and a nice movepool to match, it can go physical, special or even mixed. It's also very handy to use in-game compared to other Water-types and learns Scald naturally, which has a neat chance of burning the foe.

It's a monkey, I was born in the Year of the Monkey in Chinese Zodiac so yeah, I do like monkeys a lot. Not to mention it's BLUE, aka my signature color. And going by the year I was born in (1992) I am specifically a Water Monkey, which is what Simipour is as well.

So yeah, Simipour all the way baby.

Sirfetch’d

While not a fan at all of the elemental monkeys, there is something about Simipour I like. Its design is better compared to the other monkeys and it is by far the better battler, IMO. It has access to substitute and Nasty Plot as well, and competitively that is one of the best combinations possible. It also has great speed to go along with a great special attack, so if you let it set up it will sweep your team with ease. As for Seismitoad there is nothing much that is great about it. It has mediocre stats a bad movepool, and if I remember correctly it doesn't get Ice Beam, so that is another hinderance. It has a double weakness to grass, a very common attack leaving you with very little options to use it. I have found about all it can do is send off a pretty strong Hydro Pump, but you cant rely on just that. Also its design is one of the worst ever, and I hate to say that because I love the Unova Pokemon, but Seismitoad, IMO was just one of the ones GF failed to deliver on. So in the end Simipour is better than Seismitoad.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
Simipour all the way. Simipour hasn't 4x weaknesses. But I don't like any of them. For me, they were disappointing...

EJ

everything is purple
Years
  • Age 31
  • FL
  • Seen Mar 19, 2022
Well, competitively they're both NU and have different niches. Simipour is a fast offensive threat while Seismitoad is more of a Bulky/support pokemon so I think it's unfair to compare the two as it just comes down to opinion. Since when is having a 4x weakness that big of a pain? Let's look at Scizor with a 4x weakness to Fire and yet he's OU. It comes down to how you use the pokemon, its moveset and how well you predict.

Honestly getting access to STAB Ground attacks is pretty swell for me. I'll take Seismitoad~

Sirius

Wrong Thread.
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 22, 2013
I myself prefer Seismitoad, but that's because I don't really care for the elemental Aipoms. Both of the pokemon are good, but neither of them are truly great. They both do roles that other pokemon can do but better. Seisitoad is essentially a weaker version of Quadsire/Gastrodon being the Ground/Water tank or wall he is. Simipour is basically a weaker Starmie without the Psychic and Rapid Spinning.

In a 1v1 battle between the 2 pokemon, Simipour will win simply because of HP Grass, but as overall pokemon, you can't particularly claim one is betterthan the other because they do completely different roles and have different capabilities for different strats.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
Simipour is faster and stronger than Seismitoad; therefore, it gets my vote. Also, Simipour learns more moves; Seismitoad can't even learn Ice Beam, oddly enough.

Miss Anne Thrope

Disgusted
Years
I chose seismitoad without remembering it's stats. It's only use is it's bulkiness, and it has a 4x weakness to Grass, so.. It's pretty ****in' useless.
Simipour.

Schwan

Frontier Brain
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Mar 2, 2016
Simipour for all the reasons listed, and that he is in my top 3 Unova Pokemon.

smurf

Veteran Trainer
Years
  • Seen Jan 11, 2015
like some of the other pokemon in this gen i didnt like Seismitoad but after i saw it in a few episodes i decided to try and rais eone in my game and i came to love in it can be very powerfull if raised right

Rainbow Arcanine

now known as aslan
Years
Your welcome Nica :D! Hmmm..honestly I think this is a difficult decision for me. On one side, I love Simipour for not possessing a 4x weakness unlike Seismitoad, but at the same time Seismitoad's immunity to electric can definitely be handy. However I think I'm going to toss my vote over to Seismitoad honestly. The only major weakness it has is grass, but it receives some good immunitys and stat-wise it's a great defensive Pokemon in my opinion. Honestly I love its design so much more, I used to absolutely think it was awful but its starting to grow on me now. I dislike Simipour's design though, I found it a little strange and honestly it wasn't my cup of tea. :<. Although it did learn some good moves I have to say :3.Competitively though, I think Simipour would be a better choice, Substitute and Nasty Plot as a combo is useful and deadly, while Seismitoad would easily go down to a quick grass-type attack. Despite this, I think my vote will go to Seismitoad. :D

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014
I'd have to go with Sesmitoad because i thought it was more useful than Simipour in game and even though Sesmitoad has a 4x weakness to Grass-types i like it more.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Seismitoad is an ugly herpes frog. Simipour doesn't look that great, but I had much more success with it in battles than I did with Seismitoad.

Pinkie-Dawn

Vampire Waifu
Years
I don't understand the monkey getting more votes than the toad. Simipour may be fast and a mix sweeper, but his frail stats and not-fast-enough 101 speed will make him dead quicker before/after him sets up Nasty Plot and/or Substitute. Seismitoad is not only bulky and has only one weakness, which is uncommon in the metagame, it also has Swift Swim. He may not have Ice Beam, but that's why he has access to Poison moves and Ice Punch, so what you guys should be complaining is his lack of good physical Water moves. Tanks are more dominant than fragile speedsters, so Seismitoad deserves the vote rather than Simipour.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I voted Simipouurrrr. I like Seismitoad, but Simipour is a lot scarier to face given it can use Ice Beam, therefore taking out grass types and the toad does not. :) Toad is good for setting up Rain Dance, though!

Years
  • Age 35
  • Seen May 15, 2023
From personal use...Seismitoad > Simipour

Simipour just could not meet the expectations I had set for it. Honestly none of the elemental Monkeys could. Seismitoad just outshined it in everything. Pokemon that would one shot my Simipour went down easily with my Seismitoad.

Definately toad.

Mr Cat Dog

Frasier says it best
Years
Simipour is a fugly monkey that's horrible to use in battle. Seismitoad is a slightly less fugly toad with only one weakness. Seismitoad wins hands down.

Back