• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

[REVISION] Tileset Editing

Years
Okay, I thought that I might revise my tutorials a bit. So, here you go. (So far, I have only revised the A-Map way, but I am working on revising the rest of my tutorial)

Years
I tried it but the tiles come in a different pallete, do you think I should edit the pallete?

Alright! First post.

Last edited:

Binary

え?
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 7, 2014
I tried it but the tiles come in a different pallete, do you think I should edit the pallete?

There are specific palletes for a tile so don't go off the limited pals or the pals will come in another color

~Celebi

zel 2.0

Gold Remaker
Years
Hey Don Patch, since I'm one of the guys who edit tiles using the AMap method, I wanted to know, what kind of errors have you seen using this method? (maybe other people could tell as well) 'Cause, either I'm extremely lucky, or I'm extremely careful, but I've never had any kind of problems so far...

What kind of problems could you face? (I guess some maybe due to a bad repointing, probably, am I right?)

Years
Well, for one, Zel, this way can cause the map headers and footers to corrupt. It is also easier to misalign tiles, which can ruin other tiles in the set (Such as animated tiles). One last thing: If you import the tileset even 1 pixel too wide, you will messup the tileset (Pretty easy to fix, only reimport the tileset when at the correct size,which is 128 pixels wide). I experienced this a lot (The map footer errors) when I was making the second version of EmberOrange.

neosam1212

わたしわ neosam1212 で?
Years
  • Seen Dec 13, 2007
Stops responding

Whenver I open Advance Map, and load a rom, it stops responding. I am working on a hack and I need to fix this so I can continue. Could someone help me?

Neti

Inactive
Years
i changed the look of the gras in my rom but when i walk through it theres still the old style gras... can you help me with that?

Hedgehogger

Learning ASM, but struggling
Years
Dunno if this has been asked before, but is there any way to make more Blocks? I used the function under Block Editor to change the number of blocks, and I got several extra blank tiles, but I could only change them by using A-Map to put in 4x4 parts of already-existing tiles into the blank blocks.

Is there any possible way to put new blocks in place of extra ones made, because when I re-save the tileset, no extra ones are present on the bitmap.

Years
57588068ga4.png

Worked very well, I put mailboxes from FRLG into my Ruby Hack. :D
The only troubling thing is the palette, but I was lucky because there was already one that was almost identical.

Thanks for the tutorial! Keep it up.

Ripper

The Dark Knight
Years
I've got a problem with inserting certain tiles.

When I walk over them I go 'under' them so my OW disapeares.

How do I solve this?

Back