• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

ROM Hacking Discussions

Status
Not open for further replies.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
Can't you simply derive the specials by opening a script editor and looking at the events? :\

By the way, do any of you guys know how to use Snes Palate for finding offsets? It's easy! Simply type in a part of your offset (like 3045) into the set colour text box, derive what colour that is (what R/G/B values) and put that in the search box! Voila! Searching for offsets has become a hella lot easier! However, it's not 100% perfect so check your offsets in a hex viewer. It's very useful though, for example, if that picture you wanna insert into Unlz is just too big. That's how I did the intro picture for my hack.

Also... I'm working on an Emerald hack as well now. It's called Pokemon Kraehe. It's plotline is quite unique and doesn't even have human characters! About editing animations - the actual "bounciness" is ASM I believe, but the flashing of the animations between sprites one and two are actually pretty easy to edit and Bulbasaur's animation is located at 0x8305F68. The table seems to begin at 0x8308CC0.

Last edited:

colcolstyles

Yours truly
Years
Can't you simply derive the specials by opening a script editor and looking at the events? :\
Well it's not like XSE tells you what the special does when you decompile the script (it's a damn good script editor but it's not that good ;)). Someone would have to take the time to examine the special in an isolated, controlled environment to find out exactly what it does.

Logan

[img]http://pldh.net/media/pokecons_action/403.gif
Years
Why would we need a new topic like that, when we already have a really lengthy and fantastic discussion going on?

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
By the way, do any of you guys know how to use Snes Palate for finding offsets? It's easy! Simply type in a part of your offset (like 3045) into the set colour text box, derive what colour that is (what R/G/B values) and put that in the search box! Voila! Searching for offsets has become a hella lot easier! However, it's not 100% perfect so check your offsets in a hex viewer. It's very useful though, for example, if that picture you wanna insert into Unlz is just too big. That's how I did the intro picture for my hack.

Any particular reason you are using SNES Palette Editor in first place?

Well it's not like XSE tells you what the special does when you decompile the script (it's a damn good script editor but it's not that good ;)). Someone would have to take the time to examine the special in an isolated, controlled environment to find out exactly what it does.

Yeah, it won't tell you what each special is. But most of the times, you can guess it from the surrounding commands/texts.

Corvus of the Black Night

Wild Duck Pokémon
Years
I use it because I haven't updated my programs in a while. Meh, to be honest, people constantly pester me for doing such things. Any palate editor with a search feature would do, actually. (I use APE for most of my palate needs - I only use Snes for finding pointers. I bet a more recent version has a search feature however...)

Which isn't all that hard... o.O

Last edited:

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
i found another one from rayquaza at sky pillar im about to see what it does
special 0x13A

edit: it shows the design that groundon has on its hand

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
No but it takes a while to go through and test every single special. I'm willing to bet that at least some of the specials in Emerald are the same as those in R/S though.

No, just a few. The specials got shifted/added in Emerald.

i found another one from rayquaza at sky pillar im about to see what it does
special 0x13A

Most likely the wild battle itself.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
No, just a few. The specials got shifted/added in Emerald.

Most likely the wild battle itself.
well it turns out it makes A battle but not the rayquaza battle you have to put
setwildbattle 0x? 0x? 0x?(put it over the special) change the question marks like you would a wild battle script to choose what pokemon

edit:
special 0x28
special 0xea
special 0xf8
special 0xEB
special 0x29
special 0x20
special 0x60

i found these in the battle tower the middle person but do to the fact theres no need for a new battle tower script you can just copy the offset im not going to waste time and test them

edit 2:
special 0x138
found it with lugia im about to test it
i have no idea it did nothing

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
edit 2:
special 0x138
found it with lugia im about to test it
i have no idea it did nothing

It did nothing apparently. Maybe it wasn't set up right. Maybe it does nothing noticeable. You can't say it does absolutely nothing just by testing it randomly.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
#raw 0xA 'Step Left
#raw 0x9 'Step Up
#raw 0xB 'Step Right
i found movements i dont know if these are the same as ruby and saphire'

and i found another special it works just like the rayquaza one but this one shows regice's eyes
special 0x13B

edit:found the down movement #raw 0x8 'Step Down

Last edited:

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
#raw 0xA 'Step Left
#raw 0x9 'Step Up
#raw 0xB 'Step Right
i found movements i dont know if these are the same as ruby and saphire'

and i found another special it works just like the rayquaza one but this one shows regice's eyes

edit:found the down movement #raw 0x8 'Step Down

Movements are the same as R/S.

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
look what i found out how to do when i was looking for specials
i made braille
picture.php

Kyouya

"baddest of the bad"
Years
I found the special for the rail cart
special 0x9A
special 0x9B
i found them together so im think they both have to be there

HackMew

Mewtwo Strikes Back
Years
  • Seen Oct 26, 2011
I found the special for the rail cart
special 0x9A
special 0x9B
i found them together so im think they both have to be there

I hope you're not really just randomly testing them, as like I said, you won't find what each one does just doing that.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back