• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Did you use the Master Ball?

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I used my Master ball to caught Shiny Charmander that appeared out Of NOWHERE. I don't know how. I was like WTF.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
I used my Master ball to caught Shiny Charmander that appeared out Of NOWHERE. I don't know how. I was like WTF.
Charmander do not appear in the wild, so I do not believe this story. I'd be interested in more details in the event it's a legitimate bug.

Cyclone

Years
I used mine on Reshiram, just in case if I had difficulty catching it.

(I did get the best nature for it on mine though)

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
I used it on Zekrom in White. I used it against Ghetsis but it was a dud for me. So eventually I boxed it.

Years
In Black/White 2 they give you two masterballs...already used on on reshiram..don't know what to use the other one on lol. I'll probably transfer it to my White version.

And yes I do on the roaming legendaries, but since I just need an admant kyurem, I'm going to be using my munna and master ball and keep soft resetting until I get it in my White version. Then I will transfer it to White 2 to get the Kyurem B combination.

Years
  • Age 26
  • Seen Jul 14, 2021
I never use my Master balls, I always like to collect them and use them as bragging rights.

I believe there's such a thread somewhere deep in forums, but who cares anyway?

Pikapia

The One Who Will Destroy Everything
Years
I did use it, and I think I used it on Zekrom in White. If I did, then it would be because I ran out of other Pokéballs that would work. :pink_tongue: If only I hadn't wasted it...

Treecko

the princess without voice
Years
I used it on Zekrom cause I wanted to jump into the battle with N right away and not spend alot of time catching it. And then it helped me beat Ghetsis.

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I made sure to save mine for Tornadus since the roamers are the only really difficult Pokémon to capture in BW. Reshiram/Zekrom have a pretty high catch rate to the extent that they can be caught with a Pokéball or two without being weakened, and the other legendary Pokémon are quite fun to have long battles against since it feels a lot more epic that way. Roaming Pokémon though I just can't be bothered to catch without a Master Ball since the effort of having to continuously encounter them is a pain haha.

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I've used it on Tornadus because I've used 1000 Ultra balls and still didn't catch him so I used the Master ball on Tornadus. Oh, and don't waste your Master ball catching Zekrom/Reshiram, I've catched Zekrom with a Quick ball first try.

Nakala Pri

That's easy, I freaken wasted it on Reshiram! I forever regret it since I could have used it on the rare, awesome Pokemon hidden in hard-to-find places!!

Urugamosu

Happy, and Searching.
Years
Used it on Zekrom, because I tried to catch the Zekrom with a Pokéball, and after 2 hours, I gave up and threw the masterball. I'm so sorry Zekrom but I needed you. ;A;

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I think I used it on Thundurus, although I have an extra one on there JUST IN CASE there's a shiny and I kept my other one. :)

mikelan98

Bendiciones y buenas noches
Years
  • Seen Mar 25, 2023
No, in the 4 years I've been playing Pokémon I only used a Master Ball, and was the first game I played.

Boilurn

Scald Pokémon
Years
Yes. On Pokemon White I used it to catch Thundurus, because it had fewer weaknesses than the three musketeers, and on White 2 I caught Virizion to help myself beat Marlon.

Back