• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Teen years

My teen years were...

• Total voters
Years
I feel as though my explanation was somewhat lacking so I'll post a proper summary (well I'll attempt to) like other people did in a bit, after all nothing I went through was really bad or anything so why not?

I'll probably just edit into this post.

Years
They weren't very good for me. I had a lot of problems and made a lot of mistakes. I know they were what made me who I am, but I'm far from perfect so I can't help but wish I had the chance to go back and change things I did or didn't do. Lots of regrets there, and I just wish I was a happier person then.

But things are better now. Not perfect, but a lot better.

Years
I ended my teens in Feb just gone, I'll be honest and cut it short.. they were eventfull years of doing stuff you shouldnt do to do, trying new stuff, everything your typicall yob/chav/teen/youth what ever you call them did :P

)-)))''z

fish
Years
  • Seen May 4, 2013
They were the best.

You're meant to hate being a teen when you are a teen. But the older you get, the better things were.

Her

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen today
Considering I've spent the majority of my teen years dealing with depression & various other issues, I think it's appropriate to say that they sucked ass. I can only have high hopes for the future at this point.

I would honestly love it if someone could tell me and make me believe that I'm simply being overdramatic, but I'm really not. My teen years were just bloody terrible.

Ω Ruby and α Sapphire

I haven't been in my teen years for too long yet, but so far so good. It was a big change going into to high school, but after the first year or so everything settled down. Still, i'm not too confident the future is too bright, but I've come to the conclusion that its just teen insecurity.

Strdstwanderer

We'll get to that tomorrow
Years
well I'm 16 so I'm still in my teen years. It's been fun doing weird stuff with my friends at school like running around campus yelling "I'm batman" or singing "A whole new world" to a random girl and sometimes even grabbing a teacher and forcing them to dance the Kankan.
Sometimes we'd get in a lot of trouble for playing mario kart DS during P.E. class, or when we mess things up in class...

Outside of school we'd have parties, go to anime conventions or even take pictures of us randomly riding a kiddie ride. I dunno why my teen year so far has been weird like that...

Years
  • Age 30
  • USA
  • Seen Sep 11, 2017
Mine have been... Well, all over the place emotionally, but I'm lucky enough to have a gret family and no real issues to deal with. I voted "great" because I've had a lot of fun being alive for 19 years.

Years
  • Seen Dec 26, 2013
I'm 14 and I started my teen years last year with a lot going on. And I have had bullying issues (Well I always have) but I won't moan too much, I have got into some great music, I'm going to my first music festival soon and will see my favorite band for the 3rd time live :) and I got mu guitar

Seth Rollins

Holding on to You |-/
Years
  • Age 22
  • Nah
  • Seen Feb 28, 2017
I still didnt start my teen years, im only 12 but looking forward to it, omg it looks awesome being a teen i cant wait ^^

sρεcтяα

Ƹ̴Ӂ̴Ʒ
Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Jul 23, 2013
I can barely remember my teen years, which I think is a subconscious effort on my part to purge them from my memory.

My health deteriorated when I started College, meaning I had to take a month out, which wasn't much fun. I was going for blood tests every week - although that DID help cure my phobia of needles; I have very thin veins, so it normally took seven or eight tries for them to get blood from me, meaning a lot of poking - and had therapy at my doctor's insistence as a compromise for not going to hospital (which is where he wanted to put me) so I wasn't in very high spirits. Then I fell in with a very dramatic group of people in my second year...several small hormone bombs exploded in my face that year; in many ways that was worse than my health problems, because I wasn't really equipped emotionally to deal with any of it.

Things started to take a turn for the better when I was 18 and went into University - I'd mellowed out a bit by then, and so had everyone around me; education became enjoyable, so life started to look a little less bleak - but before that I can't say I really enjoyed them. In hindsight, I'd love to trade the problems I had as a teenager for the problems I have now, but I suppose hindsight makes everything look much rosier than what it was at the time.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen May 19, 2021
I'd say my teen years were all right. I made a ton of great friends and got into some kick ass music, but I basically wasted a majority of my teenage-hood on the internet when I could've been doing something interesting or productive. I'm done some okay things I guess, but nothing extraordinary. And even though I'm still technically a teenager, I guess, I regret not doing anything when I was like sixteen or seventeen.

Archenoth

(cozy)
Years
Bad. They were ridiculously restrictive.

The most useful things I learned, the things I eventually made a career out of, were learned in secret because I was not allowed to do them.

Years
Ugh, high school...college was a vast improvement socially and academically.

I found my classmates to be immature and eager to appease the high school gods that were a the top of the caste system. Most of which ended up pregnant or impregnating, didn't go to college or make something of themselves, and have failed to move passed the social structure of high school and moving into the real-world social structure.

Not to say I was completely at the bottom of this social pyramid, but I would say that I was more of an unchartable rebel. I didn't engage in school spirit since the football team didn't deserve more admiration that any other student organization or sport, nor did I want to be friends with people who were usually incredibly nice to me given that I was involved with every club and sport in the school, yet ridiculed other students who were deemed unattractive or socially/cognitively impaired.

For instance, a boy with limp and a cane was walking to a table to eat lunch. At the table of football players/cheerleaders, one of the guys stuck out his heel and tripped the boy, who subsequently fell on his face and spilled his tray of food all over himself. The entire cafeteria started laughing once the boy, who also had cognitive impairments, began screaming in a fetal position on the floor. I hesitated for a good ten seconds, waiting to see if someone else would assist him, and then I made my way across from the other side cafeteria and pulled the boy up on his feet and walked him through the lunch line again. Until that point, no one did a thing, as it would not be cool and defy the social elites.

I couldn't have cared less, well I mean, when it came to standing up against a ridiculed student or something equivalent. I did cave-in on some aspects, such as my sexuality, which no one questioned since I was well-versed in playing it straight. In college, and life, in general beyond the teenage years, most people would have assisted the boy.

Let me say it again...ugh, high school.

Controversial?

Bored musician, bad programmer
Years
  • Age 28
  • UK
  • Seen Oct 11, 2020
They've been okay so far, problems being that I know that once I turn like 21 I've gotta start working and give up any ambitions I may have right now so I feel like I haven't accomplished anything and if I don't start now never will :/

The Doctor

What!?
Years
Well I've got two more years till I'm twenty but my main, high school, teen years are over.

I made some bad decisions along the way I think. I shouldn't have done a few things but I did make a lot of good decisions as well. I think that the past 5 years has shaped me into the person I am now. Having just finished High School and looking back I think they were good years.

I like to think that they were.

Yeah.

Zeffy

g'day
Years
  • Age 27
  • Seen Feb 7, 2024
Still being one myself, the whole "teen experience" is like vanilla ice cream with a cherry on top and chocolate on the bottom. Sweet in the beginning, plain all throughout and, hopefully, delicious in the end.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
When I was a teen I was Satan incarnate. I could make a series of books that would dwarf the whole Harry Potter series based on my screwups as a teen alone lol.

Nowadays I think it's safe to say that I'm much better when being compared to the hellspawn that was me in my teen years.

Years
  • Seen Jun 2, 2013
24 years young now... wish I could go back to my teenage years when Pokemon & DBZ consumed most of time. The good old days... no worries!

Munchlax11

Munch?
Years
  • Age 26
  • USA
  • Seen Feb 15, 2014
Ehhh I'm only 15.. but they've been alright. I'm pretty mature for my age, and this has made me despise a lot of my class for their immatureness. This has made it difficult to make friends because the majority of 15 year olds are immature. I don't have too many friends, but the one's I do have are quality, and are at my level of matureness. I have had no problems with bullying, but I'm not exactly popular. I'm not a ladies man, but I talk to girls, and have had a few girlfriends. And there is currently a girl I am involved with that is of my level of maturity. We share a close emotional bond that is beyond what most people can ever have in high school. We are not romantically involved with each other, but I am fine with that, but I am open to being romantically involved with her in the future. So having her in my life has been an up in my teenage experience thus far. I'm kinda just in the middle. I've struggled with grade to an extent, but I'm not in great danger of failing any of my classes. I do wish to get more involved with after school activities though. I participate on a few sports teams, but I would like to do something that would look good on my college resume. I have a summer job, so I have a solid amount of money. I want to be more outgoing in particular situations, so that's something to work on before my teenage years end. I honestly just want to accomplish something because the bulk of what I do now is just video games and internet... but this is mostly because of a lack of motivation. I want to accomplish something during my teenage years. I'm just not sure what it is I want to accomplish yet.

Back