• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Shattering Worlds (M) (OOC)

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I don't quite know if X version is supposed to be stronger or not... I've never quite understood what it even was. To be honest, I figured there was little difference since its attacks were the same, and I picked the X version because it looked cooler and more like the kind of digimon the Phantomon line would result in... even though Dynasmon is somehow an official digivolution from Phantomon. Who'da thunk?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
According to the Wiki X-digimon survived the apocalypse when the Digital world's server wiped out and recreated a new Digital World while rapturing certain digimon to it (sounds like some kind of revamped D-Reaper noise; kinda cool-sounding). Those ones that survived had an X-Antibody that saved them, made them stronger in the new world, and usually gives them stronger moves. Generally they are marked with an "X" in their new designs or some kind of red gem. Ironically they send the royal knights to kill them off.

I think you should keep it regardless... could prove to be an interesting plot point!

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Ironically, if I was denied the Death Evolution angle I was gonna go with Candlemon and Wizardmon myself. I was going to keep Phantomon, though... Phantomon is boss.

Anyways, working on my profile. My shift for tomorrow was swapped about at the last minute, but it shouldn't be too big of an issue nonetheless.

<Challenger>

Goodbye PC...for now.
Years
My second post is up. I don't suppose anyone has an objection to a Guilmon calling me Bakuramon? I remember that Guilmon from the anime called his tamer Takatomon, and I couldn't resist.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
Got everything up save for backstories, I was gonna try for something about Fuyu's length, but I made a promise to get this up today. I start work in an hour, if I don't have backstories up by then I'll need to finish either during my dinner break or tonight.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
So far so good Puppeteer; I liked that little "either everything will be fine or all armageddon will break out" part you added in Rosen's personality description :b

@David: That's fine; I'm also waiting for Fuyu to post but I'm also curious to see Puppeteer's first post.

I also increased the list of possible Megas. I'll probably decide the four Sunday. That should give people some time to post and think about other Megas to consider.

Last edited:
Years
As a heads up, I'm most likely not going to make my second post until Fuyu and Puppet make their first. I'm still very new to written role-play, I'll need some time even to get a lackluster post out. Hopefully with a little bit of time, I'll get a better acquainted with my character (and my own writing style) and will be able to lengthen my bio/be a better player.

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
One paragraph to go and I might be ending my shift early. Hang tight guys!

Edit: DONE!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
@Puppeteer: Accepted! Glad to see that everything appears to be in order and all the spots officially filled! :D

EDIT: @Fuyu: Real life things happen! I myself will be out late Saturday and will probably return Sunday afternoon, but I'll still be thinking about the roleplay. :b

Last edited:

Fuyu

The answer is at the top...
Years
  • Age 29
  • Home
  • Seen Mar 24, 2024
Wow I did not expect to be out this late. I'll post tomorrow guys. IT's like 10 o clock here and I just got dinner. XD

KingKaos

Non-legendary Pokemon FTW!
Years
I hope that I didn't make Kaiba too powerful. I just didn't want him getting beaten to a pulp by clubs so early on.

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
I'm not 100% certain about the context of the exploding car. If it was because the kick was so hard that the Goburimon was able to be knocked into another, send both into the car, and have enough force to create the correct series of events to lead to almost instant ignition of the explosion then... then I would have to say that it might be a little too much. If that wasn't it then that was a very interesting coincidence. May want to take a second to add how it exploded is all I'm trying to say :x

KingKaos

Years
I never meant to say the force of his kick caused the explosion. I believe I'll have the car already on fire and then them smacking into made it blow up. That seems legit, right?

EDIT complete! Btw do digimon become corpses or are they absorbed as they were is season 3 into data by our digimon?

Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
I took A LOT of time on this post, so please read, know, and love all of it

I'm against the Season 3 method of Digimon growing stronger for this RP. It's partly because there's going to be a lot of swarming enemies and managing the fairness of experience distribution based on individual kills will most likely be impossible. There will most likely be times along the lines of some people being able to battle a large number of Corrupts while others might have to wait for posts before their character can jump into action (or maybe even make posts to clear distances between them and the action); there won't be any way to balance out when it happens nor to whom it's happening to. I'm also certain that trying to equal out the difference will probably step on some toes from time to time. EDIT: Case in point the explanation of power below.

The second, and biggest, reason why I'm not so crazy about it for this RP is because it'd be illogical for our digimon to absorb The Corrupts' data. It'd be one way to introduce corruption to our digimon but I feel it sadistic to continuously expose the digimon to it every other combat chapter.

For experience gain I'm going with equal strength potential gained as power by digivolving and reverting while also being expressed (scaling to digivolution stage) in critical situations. So the more that the digimon transition between stages the stronger they will become. Rookie-to-champion-to-ultimate digivolutions/reversions, and other similar situations, will only count as one stage transition. No one can unlock any potential beyond 80% without being in biomerge. For Puppeteer's case this is kind of difficult because hers doesn't revert, so her digimon will increase in power as the team defeats digimon. However, her critical situation power will only be half as effective. This will still probably mean that Puppeteer will be the fastest to get stronger. In light of this, she will have equal power to a rival's in the case of player-on-player combat. Not using the max potential allotted is fine, of course. I'm going on the trust system here, though, so I expect that the tamers and digimon don't know this until informed of it and no one's going to do it continuously every spare chance they get.

Now that I'm discussing power, though, I might as well decide mechanics for Burst Mode since I decided that it'll happen. It will be a special-case feature that will only be available (not mandatory in every case, though) during chapters that I specify will be allowed to have it. It does, however, have to be unlocked by the danger of some critical situation after gaining access to Biomerge. Burst Mode (or whatever it will be called by the player) will count as 150% power (this applies to KingKaos since he chose biomerge over Xros). This once again is difficult because Puppeteer chose an X as her mega. Because of this, she will only have 125% power as a mega, but will have access to it at all times during biomerge. Power equality rules will still apply in player-versus-player combat.

Because power will be equal against players, combat between them will not be decided solely by power. Victory will have to be achieved through variations in type match-up, conditions in effect during the fight (being corrupted, being previously injured, personal choices to reduce digimon's power, etc.), and/or the use of personality-exploitation.

For corruption I'm going with infectious attacks that stronger Corrupts will possess. Corruption will, however, be saved for chapters after the prologue. Under the effects of corruption, the corruption personality will kick in and the affected digimon will have a 45% power increase. Corruption does not occur in biomerge, but tamers cannot biomerge with digimon corrupted at the time. This will also accommodate rage-digivolution.

Potential availability! Follow this for each form's capacity for potential power:
Intraining: capacity for 20% power
Rookie: capacity for 50% power; 35% capacities for InTrainings that reached Rookie
Champion: capacity for 65% power; 55% capacity for Rookies that reached Champion
Ultimate: capacity for 80% power; 65% capacities for Rookies/Champions that reached Ultimate
Mega: capacity for 100% power (150% inside of Burst Mode); 80% capacities for Rookies/Champions/Ultimates that reached Mega

What does this mean? When a digimon reaches a new stage, they gain the capacity to achieve (not automatically, but as they use their new forms they get stronger up to the given percents of their potential power. When they advance further, their previous forms gain an increase to the maximum amount they can access. They will, however, become stronger for being biomerged with their tamer. Be mindful, though, that they don't have to reach the stage's maximum to be able to digivolve to the next stage, so they may not even be at the maximum of the previous stage.

I'm going to be honest. I have spent the last couple hours and a half scratching my brain over most of this... the second I get off this laptop I'm probably going to zonk out as it explodes... so please, if there are any concerns or last-minute changes, speak them BEFORE THE PROLOGUE IS OVER as opposed to later... because I won't be mad and take it out on you, but I'll certainly be grumpy if it happens later... > w >

EDIT: and now it's almost 4 in the morning... please don't make me explain more TT w TT

Last edited:

KingKaos

Years
So to digivolve we need to be in critical situations that push our partners and us to our limits thus allowing to digivolve. Then we will only be as strong if we start using digivolving for most of our battles?

I myself hate when abides reuse a new power and completely forget about the powers that came before and I feel like that speaks to this situation. Where our digimon will only get stronger if they keep digivolving into champion to fight then ultimate then powering down till all we do is biomerge to fight. But I could be reading you wrong to which I apologize. Could you please explain the level system alite more, please and thank you :)

Puppeteer Mask

Hey-Chicka-Bump-Bump!
Years
I'll put up my thoughts on this when I get my lunch break. They're generally positive though.

First of all I'd like to thank you for taking my characters' unique position into account when you made this. I appreciate it. If I may abridge what you're saying, the partner digimon will be getting stronger as they shift through their evolutionary forms, except mine who will be gaining power from combat experience since Champion is its natural state. With this in mind, if Rosencrantz at some point in the plot overcomes his current state and unlocks Rookie and In-Training forms, (something I was planning to do after hitting Mega the first time) would I be switching over to the Dusk/Dawn format of gaining power like everybody else?

Aside from that I don't really have any concerns, especially if we're going to be considered pretty much equal if pvp crops up. A few years ago I would have been against trying to catagorize this sort of thing in a free-form RP, but I've seen since then that sometimes you need a system to guide things along at the very least. Don't be surprised if I try to beat power with guile, though.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Apr 8, 2020
@Puppeteer: I didn't know you intended to unlock the previous forms and the means to transition between them, but yes that summary is to the point. That and the fact that I went half-way with King when it came to the digimon's capabilities. Once Biomerge is unlocked the digimon are able to grow in strength while in previous forms equal to their maximum potential at the Ultimate stage. However, since the digimon need the tamers to biomerge, they cannot be stronger than that without the tamer.

-shades- deal with it.

And yeah PvP is often difficult in RPs because no system is going to be perfect. Since most of our digimon's corrupted personalities include becoming rage-monsters, though, to be ignorant of the probability is silly. Also, the point of this RP isn't to be competitive against each other. The characters can flaunt and tease each other over accomplishments and shortcomings (respectively), but there's no point in making them continuously bash each other over the head to decide which duo is the strongest. In all honesty what I hated most about the Digimon series was how they had only one or two people as the strongest when the whole plot was supposed to be about team work (and even then they played up the strength of some characters only to knock them back down a peg --cough cough-- TK and Kari --cough cough--).

Back