• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

6th Gen Do you think there will be travel between regions?

Mark Kamill

I like kitties
Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jun 13, 2023
n FR/LG weren't overly popular and from the general fanbase, at the time people preferred R/S/E, iirc. HG/SS were popular, yes, but so was B/W and B2/W2, with the former getting a 30/30 rating (iirc??) and having made over a certain amount of sales in a short time. I can't remember much about it but it was popular. Nevertheless, people would still appreciate extra regions in these games and for them to do it in R/S remakes, too. :3

Yeah but the only issue is that they're both sooo far away from each other :(
It was 40/40 from Famitsu. And who knows how far away Unova is from this new region. If anything, the distance between them would be Sinnoh and Kanto far, but instead of a landmass that's seemingly there, there's an ocean. An ocean that's hopefully crossable.

Seriously, am I the only one who doesn't want any more remakes? As much as I would love to revisit older regions, I'd rather do it in a B2/W2-esque sequel.
Nah. An RSE remake would be excellent, as I stated the new feel of the games need to also be expressed in an older region, for things not to be too alien. Which also why I stated at least Unova pops up, to make things a bit more comfortable when it comes to the OW at least.

One more thing about DLC regions and why I don't think they're happening: I just remembered a picture I've seen on Pokémemes destroying the idea for a Pokémon game with all regions. I don't exactly remember if it was its only point or just one of the many, but here it is: in GSC, you have Kanto, where the Gym leaders are stronger than the Pokémon league. Imagine if you had a third and a fourth region after this, each region having even stronger opponents? I'm not sure the games have a level cap high enough to accommodate all this while keeping it consistently challenging.
While I completely agree with this, the levels wouldn't be too huge a deal, as the next region can continue from a lower level of the E4 but finish with a higher one, and fluxate like that without being too troublesome. The AI can also improve for the lower leveled gyms, making them as equally challenging.

Isn't it supposed not to physically exist anymore? I mean, correct me if I'm wrong, but I thought Reshiram and Zekrom were two halves of the dragon's spirit, and Kyurem was what's left of its body.
Technically yes, but the way I seem them going with it, I can see 2 original formes, like the two incomplete ones.

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
One more thing about DLC regions and why I don't think they're happening: I just remembered a picture I've seen on Pokémemes destroying the idea for a Pokémon game with all regions. I don't exactly remember if it was its only point or just one of the many, but here it is: in GSC, you have Kanto, where the Gym leaders are stronger than the Pokémon league. Imagine if you had a third and a fourth region after this, each region having even stronger opponents? I'm not sure the games have a level cap high enough to accommodate all this while keeping it consistently challenging.

This could easily be resolved by treating each region as a pseudo fresh start. Sort of like what Ash does in the anime.

So until you've defeated the elite four for a region you would be forced to leave your old pokemon behind (think customs stopping you at the gate) and would only be able to access them while you're in the old region. (or battling/trading over wifi) Then when you have defeated the elite four of the new region you can use any of your pokemon in the post-story (end game) section of that region.

So each region would have the same levelling curve (lv 5 to lv 70 approx) during the story but as Elendil said the battle A.I could be improved with each region. (among other possibilities to increase difficulty)

It has the benefit of creating a fresh start but keeping everything together in one package.

SaniOKh

Too old for this stuff
Years
Nah. An RSE remake would be excellent, as I stated the new feel of the games need to also be expressed in an older region, for things not to be too alien. Which also why I stated at least Unova pops up, to make things a bit more comfortable when it comes to the OW at least.
A sequel with a new story, but set in the same region could do just that too. Plus, more interesting for those who already played through Gen 3. I would love them to do the same thing to another region they already did to Kanto in GSC and Unova in B2W2: make us go through the region X years later and make us discover all the things that changed since the last visit. Even though Kanto in GSC wasn't that interesting, the fact that you visit it as a different person 3 years later is kinda cool, such approach offers a lot of opportunities in terms of story.

While I completely agree with this, the levels wouldn't be too huge a deal, as the next region can continue from a lower level of the E4 but finish with a higher one, and fluxate like that without being too troublesome. The AI can also improve for the lower leveled gyms, making them as equally challenging.
This could easily be resolved by treating each region as a pseudo fresh start. Sort of like what Ash does in the anime.
[...]
So until you've defeated the elite four for a region you would be forced to leave your old pokemon behind (think customs stopping you at the gate) and would only be able to access them while you're in the old region.
[...]

I prefer the former approach (lower level at the beginning, even higher level at the end) to the latter. Let's just say that what I always though Ash was dumb to leave a perfectly trained team behind every time he went to a new region, I'm too pragmatic to comprehend his reasons for doing that :) . But (sadly for people like me) I have to admit that Sabrewulf238's approach is better for two reasons:
  • Elendil's approach is still technically limited by the level cap
  • This would allow us to basically buy and play DLC in any order, and even skip the ones we don't want.
And since I am one of those foolish people bent on filling the National Dex no matter what, I even get why this as DLC would be better than releasing each region as a new game, it's basically like sharing a Pokédex between multiple games. Could be cool.

Years
I honestly doubt there will be travel between regions. Pokemon is a company after all, and remakes as well as new games would bring in more sales than just one set of games. I could potentially see you briefly visiting a region, but only very very briefly. Would be pretty cool though! Actually, what I could realistically see them doing is having a cut scene where you're flying OVER another region, so you get an aerial view of it, but you never touch down on it. Or maybe there would be a scene like in Diamond/Pearl/Platinum(?) where the legendary goes crazy and you see a view of the entire region - except this time it'd be all the regions.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016

So until you've defeated the elite four for a region you would be forced to leave your old pokemon behind (think customs stopping you at the gate) and would only be able to access them while you're in the old region. (or battling/trading over wifi) Then when you have defeated the elite four of the new region you can use any of your pokemon in the post-story (end game) section of that region.
Keep in mind he occasionally brings in his older Pokémon, though. For instance, Bulbasaur appeared in Hoenn for one episode to greet May's Bulbasaur acquired from the grass Pokémon's habitat (it then returned to Oak to keep the peace in his field). At this point, he did not have all of the badges.

I could go see how many he had, but I'm lazy right now.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023

So each region would have the same levelling curve (lv 5 to lv 70 approx) during the story but as Elendil said the battle A.I could be improved with each region. (among other possibilities to increase difficulty)

It has the benefit of creating a fresh start but keeping everything together in one package.

I think it'd be way overcomplicated. ;( Having to raise a brand new team again would extend the post-game but it'd just leave the question of "why now, and not generation 7?" basically. :x

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021
Keep in mind he occasionally brings in his older Pokémon, though. For instance, Bulbasaur appeared in Hoenn for one episode to greet May's Bulbasaur acquired from the grass Pokémon's habitat (it then returned to Oak to keep the peace in his field). At this point, he did not have all of the badges.

I could go see how many he had, but I'm lazy right now.

Cyclone

The point wasn't really about Ash.

vaporeon7

My life would suck without you
Years

If they were to make a game with all the regions, I'd like them to do this, but they won't so...
I think it is much better than being able to have access to your other Pokémon, I don't want it to be like G/S/C again where the E4's Pokémon are in the 40s.

Omicron

the day was mine
Years
I highly doubt that there will be travel between regions in X and Y. However I was thinking in the possibility of making remakes for R/S/E and FR/LG, making all regions playable in a 3DS. I see this a little far fetched, but still plausible. What do you guys think?

Years
  • Seen Aug 19, 2023
PLEASE!!!! Pokemon for me has been becoming to easy/short for me. A nice, long post story would be nice. Possibly team Rocket And Plasma merge?

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Someday I hope a compilation of the first few games occurs (as in the Mega Man series, or the Kirby 20th anniversary collection). In this instance, I hope it becomes one continuous game with multiple PCs, and you are able to actually and quite literally "catch 'em all". It would be even more fun to be able to do it without relying on outside help from trading with friends, and to even have special Event Pokémon found within the games (special storyline events exclusive to the games, such as Jirachi coming along in Hoenn and Mew's island becoming available in Yellow - which would be an ideal start - and normal starters occurring in the wild after the final E4 is defeated), but at the same time the game could be a standalone; you can't trade outside of that game.

But yeah, it'll never happen.

Cyclone

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
PLEASE!!!! Pokemon for me has been becoming to easy/short for me. A nice, long post story would be nice. Possibly team Rocket And Plasma merge?

Hmmm I don't think that'd happen if you could travel to older regions. They'd probably just keep it at one evil team really, imo. And even so we aren't sure that there would necessarily be an evil team if we COULD travel to another region.

Cyclone

Eye of the Storm
Years
  • Seen Oct 3, 2016
Hmmm I don't think that'd happen if you could travel to older regions. They'd probably just keep it at one evil team really, imo. And even so we aren't sure that there would necessarily be an evil team if we COULD travel to another region.
I like the idea of multiple bad guys. They can be scripted to appear in earlier maps to look at different things in other regions while preparing their work, but you may not necessarily know who they are yet. Once you reach the later areas, older evil teams trying to re-glorify themselves can suddenly put in an appearance, like in the anime when Team Rocket confronts Team Aqua or Team Magma.

Cyclone

Years
  • Seen Feb 9, 2013
I hope they do, even though they haven't since HG/SS
but we don't have info if they're doing it for x&y though, so hopefully!

[/ATTACH]
THx! cya later

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
I like the idea of multiple bad guys. They can be scripted to appear in earlier maps to look at different things in other regions while preparing their work, but you may not necessarily know who they are yet. Once you reach the later areas, older evil teams trying to re-glorify themselves can suddenly put in an appearance, like in the anime when Team Rocket confronts Team Aqua or Team Magma.

Cyclone

I guess ya. But if there's another region why would they be based in the region you start in rather than just theirs where they want to take over p much. ;(

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Aug 21, 2021

Cyclone

I do too, I would love to see how all the different teams would react to each other. It would be interesting to see if a hierarchy of evil would develop. (some being obviously more evil than others)

The Team Magma/Aqua villains have always been my favourite. I want to see more clashes like this.

On another note I would like to see something like an admin turning to good (kinda like Silver except they're meaner and cruel) or some character who keeps switching loyalties. Morally mysterious characters are always my favourite.

(I don't think N really counts because he was never cruel, just misguided.)

Back