• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Electric Mono-type Team

Years
Is this a good Mono-Type Electric team?
And oh~ by the way, i'm playing Pokémon Emerald
I can add Gen. 1 to 3 Pokémon
Feel free to comment or change my Pokémon ^_^
>Magneton@Magnet
-Zap Cannon
-Thunder Wave
-Tri-Attack
-Mimic

>Lanturn@Scope Lens
-Surf
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Beam
-Confuse Ray

>Electabuzz@Focus Band
-Thunderbolt
-Ice Punch
-Substitute
-Focus Punch

>Jolteon@Quick Claw
-Thunderbolt
-Attract
-Bite
-Thunderwave

>Electrode@Magnet
-Rollout
-Mirror Coat
-Explosion
-Thunderbolt

>Raichu@Light Ball
-Volt Tackle
-Focus Punch
-Quick Attack
-Substitute

FSNW5yiFrXVXqv

You should perhaps switch Jolteon and Magneton's held items. (Quick claw is basically useless for Jolteon since, well, it will naturally outspeed everything anyway). Magnet will be deadlier w/ Jolteon and Quick Claw will make Magneton (occasionally) outspeed enemies for that welcoming Zap Cannon/T.wave which would halve the enemy's speed in the next turn.

Raichu might want Dig or Brick Break instead of quick attack. Idk, would make him actually more useful. I suggest brick break, as it gives you that advantage against dark-types... namely, Sidney's (elite four member) pokemon.... and most of team aqua/magma.lol.

Lanturn may make use of Rain Dance instead of Confuse ray. Actually, anyone can... up to you who learns it. But with Lanturn's bulk, he can sacrifice than one turn for, uh, everyone.

Replace Jolteon's Thunderbolt with Thunder (which would turn into 100% accuracy under rain) and Bite with Shadowball. Would kick ass, i swear.

Overall, nice team.

Last edited:
Back