• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Where do you get your inspiration for your fan fiction?

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
I am writing a fic on PE2K called "The Rocket Wars", and when I am done with that, I will write the sequel, which will be heavily inspired by the movie "The Lion King II: Simba's Pride" (which is basically a similar plot to Romeo and Juliet, minus the suicidal lovers).
How so?
After the two protagonists Eric Damon and Peggy Owen get married, they have a daughter named Ruki who grows up to be an exact mix of both of her parents, and she falls in love with Henry, Giovanni's (ADOPTED) son, and Giovanni's wife, Nadya, wants to avenge him using this child to kill his love's parents. This plan fails, the adopted son is disowned,after killing his brother Seth, goes off to ask Eric for forgiveness, but at first, he also says no because he does not trust Henry. The lovers run off together A final battle between the remnants of Team Rocket led by Nadya versus Eric and Peggy's followers, is about to start, but Ruki and Henry stop it, Nadya commits suicide, and Team Rocket disbands once again. Arceus requests that Eric allows Ruki to marry Henry, and Eric finally gives Henry his forgiveness. And that is where it will end.

What is the most inspired fanfiction you have written?

Years
Well i'm currently writing my first fanfic, in which i draw on my own experiences as a teenager - from tragedies and heartbreak to less angsty stuff :')

F.Y.I -> Love the lion king films

I'll definitely check out yours (y)

Last edited:
Years
  • Age 37
  • Seen today
I can't really explain where my inspiration for my ideas come from. A lot of them are mostly "what ifs?" based on the canon. For example, the fic I'm working on now is just an exploration of what if the story was more coherent and there were a few plot changes. These changes have been asked by the fandom, and my fic will hopefully explore them.

But I can't say there's anything really specific that I can point to. I can't say "this idea came from when I watched/read/experienced this", aside from the very very tiny references that aren't plot-related. Like Cherrygrove City in my Pokemon fics is based on the town I grew up in because it's the town that the main character came from and is the one she spends the most time in.

Cutlerine

Gone. May or may not return.
Years
For fanfiction, my ideas come as attempts to explain the games in real-world terms - which then suck in other ideas I have, generated either through idle dreaming or through discussion with others. Hence why I might start off writing a story where Ghetsis is a politician attempting to gain governmental power, and end up writing a massive saga about ancient buried demons and prehistoric superweapons that bears only a passing resemblance to my source material.

I do try and stay close to the games in terms of theme and tone, though - R/S/E always seemed to me, with their big conflicts and giant monsters, very B-movie-ish, and I tried to portray that; Platinum, where the main character never actually manages to stop the bad guy and the world is saved only by the timely intervention of Giratina, made for a much darker, more serious story. Unova is a world with two versions that rests on the idea of duality, so I made that a major theme for my B/W story.

But like I said, that gets adulterated with all kinds of random ideas and observations, like 'hey, the east half of Hoenn looks like a massive caldera', or 'in the iron block model of the universe, couldn't you theoretically predict the future with a Metagross?'

Other than that, I make it all up as I go along. Whatever feels right is what happens next.

F.A.B.

Kung Fu Ferret

The Unbound
Years
Also.. On Pokemon elite 2000, my fic The Rocket Wars has a lot of my anger put into it, explaining why the protagonist uses his Pokemon to kill members of Team Rocket. Also, it will have a hint of the Star Wars Original Trilogy, and aspects of all six Digimon series (mostly Tamers and Savers) in the writing.

You know how Luke was told Darth Vader killed his father, but we all know now that Darth Vader WAS his father. Imagine that reversed for Ash and Giovanni, Ash thought Giovanni was his father, but the truth will be that Giovanni KILLED his father (and before he was born no less).

The Eleven Chaos Executives of Team Rocket are based on the Energy Types in the Pokemon TCG.

Ash (Lightning)
Isis (Fighting)
Nero (Fire)
Mercury (Metal)
Pixie (Fairy)
Adolfo (Colorless)
Fenrir (Darkness)
Poseidon (Water)
Layla (Grass)
Psy (Psychic)
Scar (Dragon)

Back