• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

FireRed hack: Pokémon FireRed: The next chapter

Status
Not open for further replies.

pkmntrainerpaul

New account: P-Sign
Years
Story:
5 years ago, [player] defeated Team Rocket.
They disbanded, but 3 years later they took over the Radio Tower to summon Giovanni.
Gold stopped them, and since then no one ever heard of them again.
But now...

[player] gave his Pokémon to Professor Oak, so he can teach young trainers to battle.
Pallet Town became bigger, and [player] helped Professor Oak.
But one day, it all changed...
You and the rest of Pallet Town are kidnapped, and now it's your time to shine again!
Discover the plan of Team Rocket, and find out how to stop them since the whole world is in danger! And who is the Majestic One?

Features:
- Play as Red again.
- Team Rocket is back.
- A storyline that goes on 5 years after Fire Red!
- Black and White sprites
- Start with Pikachu!
- Team up with the Majestic One to save the world!
- A few Limited Edition-Exclusive Black and White Pokémon
- New maps
- New scripts
- New palettes, tiles and overworlds!
- A Battle Hall, where you can train your Pokémon more easily!

Media:
Everything is found at:

www.pokemonfirered2.webs.com

A couple of screenshots:
Spoiler:

Bugs:
A couple of Warp Errors

Downloads:
Beta 1 will be released before 2011 (Hopefully xD)

Achievements:
None yet.

Team:
PkmntrainerPaul- Practically everything XP

Beta testers:
-Tcoppy
-BvOBart
Supporter Bars:

[URL =http://www.pokecommunity.com/showthread.php?t=235577][IMG ]http://img832.imageshack.us/img832/3602/bannerjm.png[/IMG ] [/URL]
Remove the spaces.
-PkmntrainerPaul

Credits:
Kyledove-OW Hero
Manipulation - Tiles, Palettes, Tile Inserting, ROM Base
Chibi Robo - Tiles
Wesley FG - Tiles
newtiteuf - Tiles
Kyledove - Tiles
CNC - Tiles
Alistair - Tiles
alucus_of_borg - Tiles
Epicday - Tiles

Last edited:

The Noob Hacker

Praise the sun.
Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2016
-sigh- Yet another Team Rocket returns again deal, eh? Sorry, I'm not one to judge considering I've yet to play the actual hack. The screenshots at least hold promise graphically. The story, well not much is said of the story. It could go either way. Sorry if I came off as targeting your hack in particular, I'm not. Just kind of tired of these Team Rocket stories. So sorry for the rude words and best of luck to you.

chriskid198

Happy New Year!
Years
Ooo.. I'm defiantly gonna try this out. I love the tiles. The story sounds awesome! Good luck with this.

dragoniteuser

The dragon master
Years
Well I do admire you for doing everything by yourself!
The screens are OK, but a couple more of screens would do. Especially those that show some of the scripts you've done... maybe an event or a two... :)
I can see that you inserted some tiles, aswell as sprites! Maybe HGSS team rocket sprites could make a nice touch.
Good luck!

Years
  • Seen Feb 2, 2011
From the SS, I will think I like it. From I choose any Progressing Hacks. No ones better. Please post the download if the script is done.

Years
  • Seen Jan 15, 2017
sorry to ask this but are you going to change the charater to make it look like ash?

WillPowerPedro

https://soundcloud.com/cammdavidson
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jan 9, 2022
It looks great so far. You could use some more things in the story, but other than that its good. Hope it becomes popular and good luck!

Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016
Looks nice, but you should make Red/the main character look older. If this is going to be 5 years after the 1st generation story, then Red would definitely look older.

Oh, and remember all the changes in the 2nd generation. Like a few changes in gym leaders, don't forgot those.

But it seems like a good concept.

Kevin

kevin del rey
Years
Hm... Pretty interesting. So Team Rocket is back in the Kanto region? The story seems easy to understand and good for that, and a continuation of the story so far seems pretty good and original.

Your features seem nice, except the part when it says B/W sprites but no Pokemon IV/V Pokemon... So are you using B/W trainer sprites then?

I also like your chosen tiles for this hack. :3 Some maps seem... empty, so you could add more detail in the maps I guess. Nevertheless, I wish you good luck on this hack. =)

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
Your features seem nice, except the part when it says B/W sprites but no Pokemon IV/V Pokemon... So are you using B/W trainer sprites then?

I'm using BW sprites of some of the first 386 Pokémon, some of them really don't look like the same Pokémon now, like Pikachu ( Darker color) and Lapras (Much lighter color).

Also, a couple of updates:
-I made a homepage for the hack.
You can visit it on http://pokemonfirered2.webs.com/

-I posted in the help recruitment thread a few minutes ago, since I have some problems with the ow-inserting.

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 16, 2013
I'm down with a continuation of Fire Red since i loved it. Plus your keeping it with the first 386 and not adding any DPPT and BW pokemon? That's what i'm talking about. Got my full support.

pkmntrainerpaul

Years
uhhh its 15th here now but you havent released the beta yet
Yeah, I know.
I've got some problems with my spriter xD
But I am making progress though.
I´ve inserted a couple of tiles, mapped some new maps and I got the movecamera script working.
Now I´m scripting some little things, then I´ll do some graphics and then the Beta can be tested.

Also, the first 2 weeks, PFR2´s Limited Edition can be downloaded with a special event ^^

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back