• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Favorite Grass type pokémon?

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I've always liked pokémon who are able to learn both Razor Leaf and Vine Whip for some reason. Bulbasaur, Victreebel and Snivy for example. And Chikorita in the anime learned Vine Whip, but not in the games O.o

So what is your favorite pokémon from the Grass type, and why?

Years
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
jj3n.png

Ivysaur, Oddish, and Bayleef. Mostly for their designs.

Last edited:

classiccartoonsftw

Nintendo is for awesome people
Years
  • Seen Jan 18, 2017
My favourite Grass types are Venusaur, Sceptile, Serperior, Roserade, and Ferrothorn. Not only do they look really cool, but they're also good in battles.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
tumblr_mx8uq6FyIR1s6xi35o1_400.png

THIS, is my favorite grass-type Pokemon. <3 Like, I'm a huuuge Meganium fan and everytime someone asks me what's my favorite grass-type or favorite Pokemon, I'll say Meganium all the time. I'm a fan of the Chikorita line, so I gotta have at least a Chikorita on my team or my battles won't be the same. Meganium looks perfect in my team.

I grew up using Meganium in the games, and watching a few episodes in the anime. Heck, my previous username here was Meganium90. xD

I would also like to mention Leavanny as well, as it is my favorite grass-type too. Leavanny is a dual grass-bug type but its grass-type moves can really pack a punch, especially Leaf Storm. ;3

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen Apr 19, 2024
I like Leavanny too! It's like a cuter version of Scyther, plus grass type. One of the cutest pokémon from gen V.

Bulbasaur and Chikorita are two pokémon that I really like but I don't like their evolutions as much. Ivysaur are okay but the others have too weird designs for me somehow, haha. Bulbasaur and Chikorita were just adorable in the anime and overall always.

BE9.gif

Years
I've always been rather partial to the bulbasaur line (especially ivysaur), and the chikorita line (any of them, really). I'm betting a lot of that might have to do with my nostalgia with the older games, though, although I do like their looks.

Aside from them...shaymin. The land forme, anyway. So. adorable. :D I think I even might have squealed over it slightly when it first came out just because it was so cute ah ha.

Years
  • Seen Oct 22, 2023
Whimsicott. That thing is just simply adorable. Whenever I look at it, I always feel like giving it a great, big hug... but unfortunately though, Whimsicott does not exist in real life. ): In terms of battling, this Pokémon isn't so bad either. It has the Prankster ability, and with a bit of help from it, it should always be the first to strike hits when using non-damaging moves. Sweet, right? Other than that, Celebi would also have to be my favorite, as well as Grovyle, Treecko, Chesnaught, Venusaur, and Shaymin.

Years
Definitely Bulbasaur, i love that pokemon's design :) Also Snover, i think it looks really cool, it's typing is different and for some reason, it's cry just sounds awesome :)

Years
To be perfectly honest, I'm not a big fan of Grass type Pokemon. I don't mond some of the starters' earlier evolutions (Bulbasaur, Treecko, Snivy, Chespin), but Sceptile's the only final evolution starter that I actually like. I guess I don't mind Vileplume, Tropius, Celebi and Breloom, but if I had to pick one favorite, I guess it'd be Sceptile.

PlatinumDude

Nyeh?
Years
I'd say Ferrothorn because of its good defenses. I also like Trevenant because of its good staying power; its design is also an interesting take on the haunted trees in Western scary stories.

Starry Windy

Everything will be Daijoubu.
Years
If Legendaries are counted, my favorite Grass Pokemon is Shaymin because it's cute, and I like how it's linked with gratitude. And I'd like to use Serperior because of its regal design, and it looks great in battle too.

Years
Grass is one of those types where I have loads of fave Pokemon but my notable mentions go to these three:

511.png
407.png
650.png

Pansage is my fave Grass-type Pokemon ever, because it's a monkey and I adore Cilan's Pansage in the anime. No wonder I chose it as my Pokemon in a PC supporters' theme collab earlier in the year.

Roserade has been a popular choice of Grass-type for me to use in Pokemon games, particularly since 4th Gen. I've had it as a main team member in Platinum, Black 2 and now X. I always adored it because roses are so beautiful and it has high special attack to boot.

And of course, there's Chespin. Probably my fave Grass-type starter as of this latest generation, it reminds me of Oshawott in terms of design plus it's really cute!

Nolafus

Aspiring something
Years
Now this is my kind of thread! Hooray for grass types! :D

I really like all grass types, but if I had to narrow it down, it would have to be Serperior for nostalgia reasons and Breloom for competitive reasons.

Serperior was my first pokemon ever, so it has to be my favorite. I also used it competitively for a while. It did good, but I had to eventually replace it as it wasn't doing its job as well as some other grass types could have. :(

Breloom is my partner pokemon when it comes to my grass team. Not a single pokemon I have ever used has come through for me as often as this guy. It took a hit this generation in usefulness, but I changed around its moveset and EV's, and it's just as strong as ever. :D

Other notable grass types include Tangrowth, Ferrothorn, Jumpluff, and just about every pokemon on my grass team right now.If you click the link in my signature that says "Grass Team", it will take you to my favorite battle. I'm sorry, I couldn't resist advertising it...

Apollo

怖がらないで
Years
  • Age 23
  • Seen Jul 22, 2017
Sceptile, hands down. During my days in Pokemon Emerald, I was amazed on how cool its design was and that it has helped me in numerous battles. Sceptile became one of the most useful and the most powerful members on my poorly planned team. Now, whenever I play a game with the Hoenn starters, there's a 90% chance I'm picking Treecko.

Sopheria

響け〜 響け!
Years
I have a few faves.

Venusaur: just an all around awesome 'mon. Cool looking, cool design, and killer stats.

Bellossom: So adorable! Bellossom is the first time I kept a Pokemon in my main party simply because of it's cute factor.

Shaymin: Again with the cute. Her attitude in the movie kinda turned me off for a while, but she grew on me again after she became my traveling buddy in HeartGold :)

Back