• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

★The Water Park★ [Water-Type Fan Club]

Pokemon of the Week for the week of: July 2, 2012

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .
Status
Not open for further replies.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
I would really like another physical water type move though. There are a lot of names for new moves like "Riptide", "Tsunami" or "Depth Charge". I dunno if I had the authority to create a new topic though.

Cid

Years
Did I hear Scald spas? Cool! That would sure hit the spot, I'm rather weary today. Just hope I don't burn myself there, haha. There is a 30% chance, after all.

And regarding POTW, that was an unexpected win, judging from how it quickly went from last place to first! But I'm happy for Mudkip, I do love them a lot. Definitely my R/S remake starter, yes sir. And I love the gif, too!

How can I forget about Water Pulse, everyone who said it's a good move had some great points. Confusion is pretty handy when it's on the enemy.

A scald spa would be amazing. Maybe that's the secret behind the hot springs in every game! o3o

Water pulse was pretty neat in the anime, imo. Yes I like it's animatio in the games much better, but it was still pretty cool. A literal pulse goes through the ground and water comes up from where it stopped! c:
That would actually be a pretty good explanation. I can imagine them referring it like that in the games, haha. And I actually liked how Water Pulse looked in the anime, too. And speaking of the anime, wait. Yay best club. What how is Aqua Jet boring. 'Tis is not at all boring, imo. It's awesome! I absolutely love the move. As I was saying, the anime makes all the moves really awesome-looking like Aqua Jet and Razor Shell.

I would really like another physical water type move though. There are a lot of names for new moves like "Riptide", "Tsunami" or "Depth Charge". I dunno if I had the authority to create a new topic though.
Yeah, I think we only have Aqua Jet, Waterfall and Aqua Tail well-distributed. Which is sad. Dive sort of gets the Depth Charge concept, but I'm liking how Riptide and Tsunami sounds. However, I always thought physical Water-type moves always incorporated the Pokémon's body in some way. Like Clamp and Crabhammer. But then Waterfall says hi.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
HI OZCAKE. Hi everyone else! Great to see ya here!

It's on the first post! Anyone is more than welcome to create a topic if the old one died down or if I'm busy & not around. I've been caught up with a few things. xD So I'll give your suggestion a green light. Though...I want to turn this into an activity.

NEW TOPIC/ACTIVITY: Create your own water-type move! (I promise next topic will not be about moves!)

Create a brand new move that hasn't been available in the games yet & give a brief description of the move (no need for a tl;dr! Pictures are okay!). Which Pokemon would be useful for this move? -or - Which Pokemon are able to use the move?

Mentalii

Back
Years
Great a water-type club ! May I join the park?

Name: Mentalii
Your Partner Pokemon (Choose up to 2): A Swampert nicknamed "Laggron" and a Gorebyss nicknamed "Rosabyss"
Why do you like Water-Types? As soon as I started to play to Pokémon, I immediately fell in love with water types. I ALWAYS choose the water starter (well, maybe once or twice I chose the fire starter in DPP but it's only because Empoleon weaknesses annoy me). And the water Pokémon are for the most part real badass !
Admission Fee Paid: Here one Pokédollar !

Kyogia

Just a Pleasant Piplup
Years
Welcome, Mentalii!

Create your own water type move!
Hm... This is a hard choice...
... Water Orbs?
What a terrible name.
Anyway, it'd be like Rock Blast except with water. How uncreative, right?

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
Name: Meganium90
Your Partner Pokemon::Buizel And Oshawott
Why do you like Water-Types? well ever since i tried water types i feel in love w them on the games i'm an all kinds trainer but trust me water types are the ones that dominate my party
Admission Fee Paid: here you go One PokeDollar.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
Mentalii and Perezoso, welcome aboard! Be sure you answer the current topic, as well as maybe participate in the new activity I provided?

Mentalii, water-types are quite amazing, to be honest. I think in every team in each generation I have always had a water-type in my team. I think 4th and 5th generations are the two generations I've chosen water-types. The rest were just...grass. :/

Also, I'M SLOW WITH UPDATING THE LIST RN. ;___; I'll get it up asap :3 And I'm going to require future members to answer the current topic. Totally forgot to add that field. :/

Also Peresozo..............you forgot to replace my name with yours. xD

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 11, 2022
Welcome to the club new members! c:
Hope you all enjoy it here. <3

Create your own Water-Type move...
Hm...ooh!

Cold Shot
Base Power: 80
Description: User prays foe with a jet of freezing cold water. May freeze opponent.
Effect Rate: 30%
Freezing form of Scald. I think it'd get a decent bit of popularity if it were ever made. c':

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
ops didnt notice that XD and the answer to the topic is surf because its has a lot of pp and is jst as powerful as a hydro pump its the perfect attack

ops wrong topic XD and well in tht case i would create

Icy Water Smash
so it would be like surf just that with cold water and at the end when it his it creates the effect of rock smash with water XD tht would be cool

Name: Peresozo (srry about the mistake XD)
Your Partner Pokemon::Buizel And Oshawott
Why do you like Water-Types? well ever since i tried water types i feel in love w them on the games i'm an all kinds trainer but trust me water types are the ones that dominate my party
Admission Fee Paid: here you go One PokeDollar.

Last edited:

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
It's okay if you answered the other topic! xD

Anyways, list updated! ;3

SO, MY OWN MOVE WOULD BE:

Super Soaker
This would be the ultimate move...better than hydro pump, but not as powerful as Hydro Cannon. Basically it would cause more HP damage to the opponent, and OHKO on Pokemon who are weak against water (especially fire-types).

Whichever Pokemon that can learn Hydro Pump (Like Vaporeon, the Oshawott and Squirtle lines, as well as Gyarados) could be able to learn this move.

♣Gawain♣

Onward to Music!!!
Years
Create your own water-type move!

That's more I like it. Sorry didn't read the 1st post.

Depth Charge

Power: 130(physical)
Acc: 80
PP:5 to 8

Causes a mighty hydro explosion beneath the target's feet(sorta like a geyser). Has a high critical ratio and can flinch the target if it strikes first.

Mentalii

Back
Years
Erf I'm not really good at creating new moves...
Maybe, a kind of water shield... I mean, water would surround the Pokémon during several tours and make it immune to fire type attacks, for example, and would divide by 2 the power of physical attacks, as the water slacken the movements. However, it would multiply the power of electric and grass attacks.

Meganium

[i]memento mori[/i]
Years
When I think of a water shield, I think of a shield of water that repels all attacks except for the ones they're weak against.

Guess what! Our awesome member Peresozo has donated a userbar for the club! It looks sweeeeet! Kudos to Peresozo! :3

1326840.gif

Anyone that hasn't done the current activity are more than welcome to do so, while I go ahead and start a new topic, yes? :3

New Topic: Worst water-type?

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
When I think of a water shield, I think of a shield of water that repels all attacks except for the ones they're weak against.

Guess what! Our awesome member Peresozo has donated a userbar for the club! It looks sweeeeet! Kudos to Peresozo! :3

1326840.gif

Anyone that hasn't done the current activity are more than welcome to do so, while I go ahead and start a new topic, yes? :3

kool yay now tht its official imma put it in my signature lol :D

Topic: Worst water-type
well i would say Tentacool is in my opinion the worst one ever i mean in the games is one of the most common water types so it kinda makes u bored of it the only times i actually enjoyed seen one was when i got a shiny one :D

Sector

Banned
Years
  • Age 33
  • Ohio
  • Seen Oct 10, 2016
The worse Water type Pokemon? Toughie, I'd have to go with Luvdisc. Definitely Luvdisc.
370.gif

Mentalii

Back
Years
Luvdisc. Ok, it's cute, but he hasn't any interest...
It's weak, doesn't evolve into Alomomola (surprisingly)... No, it isn't even cute, it is just a pink flageolet. That's all.
I dare anyone to tell me a real advantage of it :3

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
Luvdisc. Ok, it's cute, but he hasn't any interest...
It's weak, doesn't evolve into Alomomola (surprisingly)... No, it isn't even cute, it is just a pink flageolet. That's all.
I dare anyone to tell me a real advantage of it :3

well i like luvdisc its the cutest pokemon ever made together with teddiursa and well it might be weak but the reason i love this pokemon is vecause its the pokemon symbol of love :D
370.gif

Mentalii

Back
Years

well i like luvdisc its the cutest pokemon ever made together with teddiursa and well it might be weak but the reason i love this pokemon is vecause its the pokemon symbol of love :D
370.gif

It's an insult against love :O
Anyway, I think a water Pokémon isn't suitable to be the symbol of love... And actually, Luvdisc doesn't really look like a water type.

Peresozo

Trainer
Years
  • Age 29
  • NY
  • Seen Aug 16, 2012
It's an insult against love :O
Anyway, I think a water Pokémon isn't suitable to be the symbol of love... And actually, Luvdisc doesn't really look like a water type.

lol very true in the part of it doesnt look like a water type but still its cute lol :D but it isnt an insult its a symbol plus thts where the shape of heart comes from :D

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023

Worst as in which I like least or worst as in weakest? Weakest is obviously Magikarp, but the one I like least, hmm... I think I'm gonna have to go with a tie between Basculin and Alomomola. These are two Gen V Pokemon that I've always hated with a passion and I still do. They look awful imo and they're useless in battle. I may be being kinda harsh, but these are the only two Pokemon that I'll never have a space in my heart for, and that's saying a lot. There's just nothing likable about them from my point of view :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back