• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Would you run or would you try to get a closer look

Moltres Rider

Banned
Years
as in real life with large beasts some people would run for their lives and others just try to get a closer view or even grab a camera and take a picture. if you saw a strong Legendary Pokémon, would you be one of those people that would run away or would you be like "I gotta get my camera!!!" and come in for a closer view knowing that if you don't bother it it won't bother you???

I am a photo freak, got to have my picture with EVERYTHING and EVERYWHERE so I'd probably get as close as I can while still a safe distance use my front facing camera and snap...

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
This is more of a Pokémon Voting Polls thread, so I'll move it over there.

I would of course stop and look :D And take a picture and put it on fb, haha. To prove that I really saw it. I would probably be very scared though, if it's a dangerous one. Or one acting dangerous, I mean.

Purple Materia

Shape the future!
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen Apr 12, 2014
If I knew I'm not in any danger, then heck yeah I'm taking a closer look.

If I wasn't sure, I'd probably get out of there. I'm a bit of a coward. :P

Latios77

*** uP ToWn FuNk ***
Years
Human nature seeing a huge beast and you don't know your safety most people would naturally react by running away as fast as they can. However given the fact that if it was a legendary pokemon I would take that opportunity to inch closer for a few awesome snapshots. Maybe get close enough to possibly interact with it providing it doesn't attack or run away.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
strong legendary Pokemon doesn't necessarily means that it's dangerous. Mew is strong and it's a legendary but it's so cute and cuddly xD

It depends on how dangerous the Pokemon is. If it's a Genesect, I would take a picture and gtfo, but if it's a Celebi, I would go close to it for it to know I'm not it's enemy and cuddle with it :D (Maybe even adopt it)

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
of course I would stare at it then take a picture of it,
I mean who would not ?
it would a once in a lifetime thing so not taking a photo would be silly.

Years
I'd take a few seconds to look but would probably be overcome with fright really quickly, haha. :( But if I could somehow conceal myself and know I'd be safe.. then I'd stick around.

Sableye~

Back to PC~
Years
  • Seen Jan 4, 2018
Take a picture, then just stare at it.
Possibly approach it, depending on what it is.

Kyrul

Long Live The Note
Years
I wouldn't run unless it was a Groudon walking in my direction and getting close to crushing me. Probably take a few pics then photoshop them to make it seem like me and the legendary are best buddies! I'm sure at that point the ARNG would be called out to take it down....And since I'm apart of it I can't really go anywhere even if I wanted too...

Synerjee

[font=Itim]Atra du evarinya ono varda.[/font]
Years
If it was a small and friendly-looking legendary like Mew, Celebi or Jirachi, I'll stop and peep at them from behind a bush or something. I'll try not to make any sudden or drastic movements that might scare them off or provoke them to use their attacks against me. I'll also try to stealthily follow them around. If I had a camera with me, I'll definitely snap a few pictures for safekeeping and memories.

On the other hand, if it was a huge, dangerous-looking legendary that looks like it's about to go on a rampage or let loose a blast of Hyper Beam at anything that moves, I'll take one quick picture and get the heck outta there!! D:

Sirfetch’d

Definitely stop and take a look haha. Even if I was scared I would be so amazed I wouldn't be able to move! I'd take tons of pics and show everyone I know!

Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 11, 2023
I'd throw spheres at it until one of them miraculously opened up and trapped him inside. Either that, or I'd call the army because having a legendary Pokémon running around with control over time/space/etc would easily mean the end of the world. Kill it before it gets loose y/y?

Years
If it's Mewtwo, one the most powerful and dangerous pokemon in the world... I'd do an Ash Ketchum and run up and punch it.

Nah depending on the Pokemon, and if I wanted it, I would walk up to it, try and befriend it, make it mine, and we will go on an adventure and I will become the Pokemon Champion. Heh. :3

nitemate

Don't play Pokemon anymore ...
Years
  • Age 28
  • Seen Aug 17, 2014
I'll take a closer look, make a video and post it on YouTube

Years
I don't think I'd have any choice but to try and take a picture if I saw a legendary Pokemon, otherwise no one would believe me if I said I saw one. That being said, I'd try to get as close as I could, but still be far away enough that it doesn't notice me.

Back