• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

Comerion's Fakedex

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Hi people of the Pokecommunity, my name is Comerion and I have been spriting for about 2 years. I have recently been making a fakedex, being called the Oralia region. It will be updated every time I make a new fake or update something. Please critique, its what I need the most :)
WARNING VERY BIG IMAGE
Spoiler:

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jul 30, 2012
They look fantastic! I must admit I like the one and two more then the twenty second one, I don't know what about it... It has the 'Fakémon look' as I call it. Keep it up though!

AtavanHalen343

Dacaytus, one of my sprites.
Years
  • Seen Oct 31, 2023
Your style bears a resemblance to the style nintendo uses in black and white, which I find great. Well done.

Years
  • Seen May 23, 2012
I really enjoy these sprites the colors blend well and the ideas are fantastic. I was thinking. Maybe you could call that fish looking one Gloommist. It is a ghost water type right?

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Well done man, they are fantastic, i wait the others!

Thanks! There will be more up soon.
They look fantastic! I must admit I like the one and two more then the twenty second one, I don't know what about it... It has the 'Fakémon look' as I call it. Keep it up though!

Yeah that one I feel was a bit rushed... I'll fix it soon. Its meant to be the Magikarp-Gyarados of the region, except that its much more useful than Magikarp.
Somehow, I feel like the 1st and 2nd one is too similar.

Yeah I have a new idea for the grass starters so I may redo them. Does a T-rex/Spinosaurus sound good? (I haven't designed it yet)
Your style bears a resemblance to the style nintendo uses in black and white, which I find great. Well done.

Thanks :) I actually try to make my style more HG/SS style, I am not that fond of B/W style XD
I really enjoy these sprites the colors blend well and the ideas are fantastic. I was thinking. Maybe you could call that fish looking one Gloommist. It is a ghost water type right?

Thanks! although the fish is actually Water/Flying, its based on the flying fish. But thanks for the idea anyway!

Sorry guys I haven't got round to spriting anything in the last couple of days.
However here are a few designs:

New grass starters (3): T-rex/Spinosaur.

Rodent line (2): Flying squirrel.

Bug line (2): Shield bugs

Thats all for now.

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
Ok everyone, I have a new grass starter. It ended up being based on a velociraptor, it is designed for camoflage. I am pretty happy with it, but that doesn't mean its good.
vxesus.jpg

PokeLordAndrew

Emulation Noob
Years
  • Age 29
  • Seen May 4, 2013
ASDFGHJKL AWH!!! That little guy is adorable!
Haha, but seriously. What types would it be? Grass Ground or Grass Rock? Or something else?

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
If you're trying to do "balanced" starters, I'd suggest using:
Fire/Dark and Water/Psychic (most balanced)
or even Fire/Rock and Water/Ice
I love your new grass starter, that truly looks like it belongs in a Pokemon game!
Keep up the good work!

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
ASDFGHJKL AWH!!! That little guy is adorable!
Haha, but seriously. What types would it be? Grass Ground or Grass Rock? Or something else?
Thanks! he is pure grass type at the moment, but the final evo,(and maybe the first evo too) will be grass/dark.

If you're trying to do "balanced" starters, I'd suggest using:
Fire/Dark and Water/Psychic (most balanced)
or even Fire/Rock and Water/Ice
I love your new grass starter, that truly looks like it belongs in a Pokemon game!
Keep up the good work!
Thankyou :) I'll probably do the starters secondary types like Dark/Psychic/Fighting, but I am not sure yet. Its final evo and possibly its first evo too will be Grass/Dark.

Years
  • Seen Jul 11, 2013
We definitely do need a Fire/Psychic for a starter! I can't wait to see what it will look like!
I'd surely hope that the Grass/Dark evos are actually dark looking. Not necessarily "Evil" but just colored darker.

InfernoHo-Oh

has returned
Years
2iw4zdz.jpg

Wanted to practice my fire skills.

Oh wow, thats fantastic!
The fire is good, and so is the shading, so nice!
The overall pose lacks something... Perhaps putting Moltres's feet further back and make it look like its rearing towards us instead of its body being flat.
(: I love all your sprite works, keep it up!

Years
  • Seen May 3, 2012
I'm having trouble actually deciding whether I like the original grass starter or the new one more... I absolutely love your Bladerb though, it looks great! Keep up the good work!!

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
OMG I IS BACK AFTER LIKE FOREVER
sorry I completely forgot about this thread...
Anyway, loads of new fakemon.
24edr1v.jpg

281a88m.jpg

k1468l.jpg
(This ones gunna be updated soon)
357neh0.jpg

euiw4l.jpg

28ahlbc.png

20puezl.jpg

Yeah, A LOT XD I'll try and update this post more frequently as well, I will also add the fakedex sheet soon ;)
Oh and please, critique the hell out of each one of these guys, they need it!
And just before I go, I would like to show you one sprite I made of Darksilvania's Brisharon, possibly my best sprite to date :)
2hhhxll.jpg

And for those of you who want to see more, remember to check my DA!

kid1513

~ Pixel Artist
Years
The skill here is absolutely great, and I do recognize some of your work on DA. ;)
What can be improved here is the design, since some can still be improved, e.g:
281a88m.jpg

You may want to update all the sprite onto your first post so that viewers can easily take a look of all sprites more easily. :)

Comerion

DGXZ
Years
34xnyoo.jpg

Improved Aphorn! Whaddya think?
Anyway, thanks, but I agree design is DEFINITELY my weak point.
On the other hand, Newtiny is actually one of my fave designs, how could I improve it?

Back