• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Genesect!

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
  • Seen Dec 10, 2012
Why is it only for Black 2 and White 2? What are GameFreak on?

Because PB&W Version based on the first season of the anime, and PB2&W2 based on the second season.
and he will shows up on the second season.
(NOTE: First season has ended)

Jeremy

<font color="deepskyblue">Sweetie</font>
Years
Cool, it's finally "officially" confirmed, sweeties. I'll be downloading the event, as soon as I get my imported copy of Black 2.

I honestly don't feel like the legionaries are rushed, considering we have so many.

OmegaRuby and AlphaSapphire

10000 year Emperor of Hoenn
Years
Because PB&W Version based on the first season of the anime, and PB2&W2 based on the second season.
It's actually the other way around. I think it's to give people even more reason to buy the games thus more revenue for them.
I like the artwork, it looks much better than I expected.

Years
  • Age 30
  • Seen Jan 5, 2021
Its about time. Finally we get to see what this one can do.

Kenshin5

Wanderer
Years
Story lines don't follow each other nor do game mechanics to the show. If this were the case Plasma would have been present despite the seemingly "banned" Rocket vs. Plasma episodes.

And I agree Suicune the artwork does add a bit of appeal to Genesect.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
The only thing I personally don't like about genesect is it's typing. Bug/Steel types are far too common - would've preferred a bug/psychic or bug/dark type for some more variety. Apart from that, I'm quite exited about it's reveal.

Also, the sugomori art make it look even better.

blue

gucci
Years
I think Bug/Steel is perfectly suited for Genesect judging by it's appearance, also remember than it can hold specific drives to change its typing.

Haseyo

쏘쿨
Years
I think it's just to change the type of his signature move, not his actual type. I don't think they'd pair it with Arceus 100%.

blue

gucci
Years
Oh right, my mistake.. but with Genesect being Bug/Steel it only makes him have one weakness regardless of it being a x4.

MiTjA

Poké-atheist
Years
The Techno Blast type change thing is waaaay too lame.

They really should have done something better with those drives.

Like WTF, it can leanr Ice Beam, Thunderbolt, Flamethrower. All of them better than the respective Techno Blast, without having to give up the hold item slot.
And they cause status effects!
And it has just 5 PP?
*facepalm*

Its the one single thing that makes no sense in the whole fifth generation.

Which is why I was curious to see what kind of thing they would do to Genesect in BW2 (idk, something similar to the concept of formes..), that would fix this. But with Genesect now revealed, nothing is different than we already knew .-.

EDIT:
Before anyone goes "oh well at least the Water one is useful then?"
No. Not even that is.
Because a life-orb Water type Hidden Power is better. For real... LOL
Not to mention the other moves benefit from the item too...

blue

gucci
Years
Slightly updated and clearer image(s) of Genesect:

314819_331656673587293_131187930_n.jpg

Years
  • Seen Feb 26, 2020
A trailer featuring him was leaked basically just now, but I can't provide a link. Looks intriguing.

Years
  • Seen Jul 19, 2012
Genesect is a legendary pokemon. personally i dont like legendary pokemon because I think that they are very cheap i think that genesect will go uber because it has really good typing and an amazin movepool also nothing counters it besides maybe heatran but there is hp ground for that

Ciax

Ledian Used Starlight!
Years
I am all for this, finally a bug legendary. About time. They may be rushing it a little bit but you can't really complain about being given free pokemon. Especially legendaries.

Melinda

[b][i][color=#fff]#teamsonia[/color][/i][/b]
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Sep 18, 2022
I'm excited to get Genesect. Even though it will just collect dust in my box, I'm going to pick it up and RNG it for the sake of RNG. x3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back