• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

that guy [TCTI v 8]

Status
Not open for further replies.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

The first Wario Ware was released in, what, 2002? Holy crud, am I that old now? :( Ok, found out it was 2003. I'm slightly less old.

There's a wealth of microgames ripe for expansion in that series, I'll give it that. I still just like to give credit where it's due, and that goes for more than just somebody's art. Granted, the developers are never going to say "yeah, we totally lifted this idea from elsewhere" but it'd be nice if they paid some homage, or said that it was a series they were inspired by in high school or something. I'd do it, anyway. I kind of like to direct people to games from older days, though. It's not like they're still in active competition.

Pokestick good times.

[i]cheeky[/i]
Years

These days there is such an immense negative attitude against "rip offs" though. If any well-known game is similar in any department to a previous game, and people notice it or hear about it, it's immediately going to be labelled as a ripoff or some other stupid crap like that.

So really, pretending your product is absolutely and completely original (which nothing is in the game market) IS the best thing to do in many cases. Even if it looks obtuse.

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

Yeah, I thought about that myself. There really isn't a whole lot of original ideas, or at least they don't come by easy. I was mostly considering the difference between a genre, like platformer, vs the gameplay, which can vary if you've got ingenuity (and becomes a carbon copy of something else if you don't). I'd hope most people would know the difference out there, but then again we live in a world where the rating system for games doesn't make logical sense anymore.

Having said that, there's still room. Flower is a game unlike anything I've ever played before or after. There might be something I missed, but I kind of feel like all that's left is creating more artistic games like that. Honestly, I'd be happiest if I could work on something like that, or even design it. :) Problem is, MAN is it hard to try an make a game for art's sake work, even just as a bulletpointed list. Indie games in general, the good innovative ones, anyway, seem to do their darndest to break boundaries. I'd go indie if it wasn't for the fact that student loans are very, very real. And when I get done, it's gonna get even realer.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I guess I should consider putting another game or so on my phone. I have Fruit Ninja (hahaha...) but yeah. Pretty much it since I had to replace my old phone with a new one.

Arma

The Hyena
Years
I got a GBA emulator on my phone. Amazing to have for long trips, especially now my DS isn't working anymore. T_T

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I just need to bring earphones with me when we're going somewhere and I am not the one driving and my sister decides to just listen to her own music.

Maraala

a fiery passion
Years

I have a NES and GBC/GBA one on mine along with a plethora of games. Gonna be using it tomorrow since I'm probably gonna be stuck in class for four hours after I finish my exam :(

Patrick

Ya'll Are Weird
Years

Thinking of both portable gaming systems and listening to music to drown out others, I've never once owned an MP3 player. I went straight from CD player to PSP, and it's just been the PSP since then. I imagine that's a lot like how people use their iDevices (or other really smart mobile devices, I dunno, mine's kind of dumb).

I still have the first DS, which I use to play GBA games along with DS games when I'm bored enough, but I usually bring my PSP since I have the option to put some music on and sketch out some concepts on the bus. Or space out.

Years

Still using my DS Lite for playing Pokemon with until I get X & Y, when I will finally use the 3DS XL I got for Christmas.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Dec 11, 2023

I will see about getting a 3DS after I am done getting a Bearded Dragon and I have more than enough for both its food for a while and for a 3DS.

Years

I bet all the Fennekin fans don't want to find out if it evolves into what could potentially be the 4th straight Fire/Fighting starter.

h131641DB

Years
  • Seen Jul 16, 2014

Yeah..I have no idea what you're talking about.

At least its not fully broken.

Last edited:
Years

@glitchguy This iconic line from Network that I just had to stick on my profile's "About Me":

Spoiler:

Last edited:
Status
Not open for further replies.
Back