• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best places on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! Community members will not see the bottom screen advertisements.

2nd Gen Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C?

Which Starter do you choose in G/S/C

• Total voters

Aryan143

The Fennekin Fan!
Years
I chose Totodile when I first played because it was baddas. Which starter did you choose and why?

Bounsweet

Fruit Pokémon
Years
  • Seen Sep 17, 2018
Chikorita is my baby <3

I always pick it. Once in a blue moon I'll feel risky and pick the other two, but it's usually Chikorita.

Affliction

Booted out - don't be like me!
Years
  • Age 46
  • Seen Sep 3, 2016
I always pick Cyndaquil, it's the coolest, and is very strong. I've always been a Fire-Type chooser (Except Tepig) and it was the best Fire-Type Starter to me. Plus it can learn Dynamicpunch when it's a Typhlosion (Which would be very strong looking at it's Attack levels)!

o Pikachu o

Pikachu
Years
Cyndaquil. GSC were my first games and the first time I played I used Cyndaquil. Typhlosion is probably my favorite Pokèmon of all time.

Years
  • Seen Aug 18, 2020
I choose Totodile. I mean, really who wants a Bulbasaur wannabe, or that ridiculous fire type thing. Totodile becomes Feraligatr. Feraligatr is so much more bada** looking then Typhlosion or Meganium.

Blue Emerald

One of life's great mysteries
Years
  • Age 33
  • Seen Feb 15, 2022
Cyndaquil for me; good Fire-type Pokemon were hard to find in those days. ;)

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
I went with Cyndaquil because I wanted to destroy everything in my path and man did my Typhlosion not disappoint lol.

K1ngQu33n

Poke K1ng
Years
I choose cyndaquil because 1, I am mostly a fire type person even though I love all Pokemon types, And 2, I like the evolution into typhlosion.

Years
Luckily for me, the starters I like in each generation are a different type, so I end up with variety every time :D
For the second generation, it was Cyndaquil. I like Totodile too, but not as much, since Typhlosion can really just handle everything (at least it can in the second generation, where it can be taught the easily-obtainable TMs for Thunder- and Fire-Punch). I always go with Cyndaquil. :)
I've gone with Meganuim a few times but it just.. it's not the best, IMO.

pleryt16

ERMAHGERD ITS A VAPOREON
Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Feb 19, 2013
Cyndaquil. I hate Feraligatr's design and I dont like Meganium, so its always Cyndaquil.

Coronation

Psychic Gym Leader
Years
  • Seen Jul 26, 2017
I always pick Chikorita. It's the cutest out of the three and is my favorite starter out of all the games :) Plus, the ability to learn Reflect and Synthesis makes it a really good in-game tank :D

Years
  • Age 32
  • Seen Mar 26, 2021
I picked Cyndaquil because I thought it looked interesting to meand I like it's final evolution.

Years
I've gone through three playthroughs of Gold, and I chose a different starter each of the times. The very first one that I can remember choosing though was Totodile. I didn't really have any good reason for it, but it did end up becoming one of the better Pokemon on my team by the end of the game.

ShinyUmbreon189

VLONE coming soon
Years
If I remember I picked Totodile first. Totodile just looked cool at the time, but I've used them all in a team and I PWNED Falkner with a Chikorita! In SoulSilver. Idk how I did it I just spammed tackle lol.

Years
  • Seen Sep 16, 2012
TOTODILE for sure!

Please check me out on youtube guys I've started doing a pokemon Crystal walkthrough! My name is JerryBigSocks. Thanks and feel comment to rate and subscribe!

Totodile!

Hey guys check out my channel on youtube- JerryBigSocks.
I've just started a Pokemon Crystal Let's Play. Feel free to rate, comment and subscribe!

Last edited:
Years
  • Seen Jan 25, 2016
I always pick Cyndaquil, it's the coolest, and is very strong. I've always been a Fire-Type chooser (Except Tepig) and it was the best Fire-Type Starter to me. Plus it can learn Dynamicpunch when it's a Typhlosion (Which would be very strong looking at it's Attack levels)!
Agreed with this guy. Cyndi has the best stats, therefore smartest pick. ;]

hils21

Spoiled Brat
Years
  • Seen Jul 24, 2016

i agree with this guy too...

Back