• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

What games don't you like but others enjoy?

Miss Doronjo

Gaiden
Years
My friends and some other people irl I know seem to like the digimon video game series, but... I dunno, I don't really like them that much. There's nothing really wrong with the games, it's just.. I don't see the appeal with those digimon video games.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
Yoshi's Island is THE answer for me regarding this thread.

Like, I realized it's a very good platformer, and I don't blame people for liking it at all. But to me, the horrible pacing, among other things, ruins the game. It's just so slow, and the shooting mechanics (which I also think is stupid) doesn't help. I actually saw a speed run of the game a while ago and it was STILL slow as hell so I didn't finish it. Normally to me good level design and good controls are the most important thing for a platformer, but Yoshi's Island (which has both) somehow prove me wrong. Pacing IS so important to me.

It's definitely a great game and I understand why people love it (if not nostalgia, to be honest), so I won't argue about it. Unless someone calls it the best platformer of all time or close to it, then I will call them out for it.

Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jun 29, 2019
Well I know for certain that I do not like Minecraft in the slightest because if I wanted to play with blocks now I would go get a box of Legos.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years
Call of Duty...I think that's what a lot of people can agree with, honestly haha. Especially when you consider how many people hate it anyway. But anyway, I've never gotten the appeal and I just think there are better FPS games out there. Though I'm not good at FPS games in general, but still.

Like, I realized it's a very good platformer, and I don't blame people for liking it at all. But to me, the horrible pacing, among other things, ruins the game. It's just so slow, and the shooting mechanics (which I also think is stupid) doesn't help. I actually saw a speed run of the game a while ago and it was STILL slow as hell so I didn't finish it. Normally to me good level design and good controls are the most important thing for a platformer, but Yoshi's Island (which has both) somehow prove me wrong. Pacing IS so important to me.

Although I really like Yoshi's Island, I definitely agree with this.

Captain Gizmo

Monkey King
Years
Call of Duty and sports games. I just don't like CoD, very repetitive and not much improvement with each release.

Sports games, if I wanted to do sports, I'd go outside and play. Much more fun that way, anyways.

Years
For me, it's the Pikmin franchise of games.. I've never seen the point of those games, yet there are people out in the world I'm sure who like them. I've just found the Pikmin games to look a little childish.

ShiningLust

Gym Leader of Ground Oden
Years
well mostly the only games that I don't like witch is all of the call of duty games and ALL sports games

Years
Borderlands. Well, I kind of like the gameplay, but the world seems so... dull to me. None of the atmosphere or excitement, of say, Metroid Prime or even Halo. A lot of my friends don't seem to mind though. ~_~

League of Legends. RTS's aren't my thing. I tried the game out but it just wasn't very fun to me. I almost wished I liked it, because a lot of my friends play it, but man, it just doesn't interest me at all.

And this might shock some people... but Super Mario Galaxy. I liked Super Mario 64, and Sunshine, but Galaxy... I just don't like the level design. Too linear for me, and I honestly don't really like the fact that every level had the same sphere planets. Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.

Khoshi

[b]とてもかわいい![/b]
Years
I dislike CoD (Call of Duty) quite a bit, I find it really repetitive :( yet most of my friends on my PS3 play it..

Years
First person shooters and MMOs fall into this category for me, even though they're two of the most popular genres. Actually, first person games in general I find hard to enjoy, which would put games like Minecraft and Skyrim on my list, too. Something about the fake first person perspective never really appealed to me, as I've always found it had the opposite effect on me of trying to put you more into the game.

Years
Like what most people said, Call of Duty. I don't get why it's so loved when in fact I have this thing against the FPS genre in general. What makes it even more egregious is that my brother is a fan of these games, so that really fuels my anti-FPS nature. Also, war scenes are no fun at all.

And also like what LilJz said, there's also very little new stuff with every new CoD game as well.

Curtis542

Fire Trainer
Years
Like some of the people above said, all sports games. I don't see the appeal of pretending to do something you can do in real life, or even watching sports games. I love Call of Duty though, surprised to see so many people dislike it.

JayTheKing

~~King Of Valla~~
Years
Oh i forgot about Yoshi's Island!I heard such good comments about it and when i played it i was like ''How is this any good?''
I like Yoshi but to an extent.I dont like the idea of swallowing every enemy on the field and have B.Mario on your back the entire time.

Believe it or not i only know 2 people who adore CoD and we are not actually friends.
I dont understand why is so exciting killing humans.I only like FPS that allow you to kill monsters and zombies not boring humans.

Years
  • Age 16
  • Seen May 28, 2019
^Oh god thank you for reminding me of Baby Mario. That's a BIG turn off for me. I'd rather a normal health system.

Also I just remembered about Fire Emblem: Awakening. I do love the Fire Emblem series, but the one game from it that I don't like is the one everyone is all on.

Actually, I don't don't like it, I HATE and DESPISE it.

Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.
That's...the point? :P

Though Galaxy honestly is all about the experience so I don't know where you're getting at.

Years
  • Age 34
  • Seen today
And also like what LilJz said, there's also very little new stuff with every new CoD game as well.
But the new game has a dog. A dog!

Games, I don't like:
- LoL (I gave this game MULTIPLE trys and I've never gotten into it)
- FPS (especially multiplayer (which means mostly every one of them)). Well, Duke Nukem 3D was kinda interesting, even though, I never finished it xD
- sports games: if you have the time and money to buy and play such a game you would be better off, actually leaving your house and do some real sports

Kikaito plush

Angeline plushxKikaito plush
Years
Part from the CoD/Minecraft like people have posted...
I do not like Farmville as I find it a cheap man's Harvest moon without the Dating.

Years
  • Age 25
  • Seen Dec 16, 2022
And this might shock some people... but Super Mario Galaxy. I liked Super Mario 64, and Sunshine, but Galaxy... I just don't like the level design. Too linear for me, and I honestly don't really like the fact that every level had the same sphere planets. Felt too much like a game, and not like an adventure... I really feel alone on this, because the vast, vast majority of people loved this game.

YES YES YES I'M NOT ALONE. I always felt like this game was just too hollow for it's intergalactic theme and I missed the non-linear level design. And it also kickstarted the trend of Mario games relying on nostalgia rather than innovation to make their games.

I really don't like a lot of the 3DS games I've played. They either felt like lazy rehashes (Super Mario 3D Land, Mario Kart 7), had dumbed-down gameplay (Pokemon Rumble Blast, Pokemon Mystery Dungeon Gates to Infinity) or were just really poorly designed (Kid Icarus Uprising).

I disliked Uprising as the controls were terrible (no, I don't care about getting use to them, they are still imprecise and give me hand cramps), the writing was criminally unfunny and the gameplay was repetitive and felt like busywork.

Well, at least the 3DS has Animal Crossing New Leaf, Theatrythm and Monster Hunter 3 Ultimate, making it my go-to handheld system when my PSP Go isn't around. I like the 3DS, but I was not fufilled with may of it's titles.

tl;dr most first party 3DS titles and recent Mario titles.

Arc

[img]http://i.imgur.com/kieFJln.gif[/img]
Years
Elder Scrolls IV: Oblivion.

I do not enjoy this game at all. I got this game because many of my friends were telling me on how amazing this game was and how there so many positive reviews, so I bought it. I finished the game, but I was left with an overall bad experience. The game was boring, the combat was bland, the writing made me cringe, and a lot of the models in the game look visually unpleasant.

Years
That's...the point? :P

Though Galaxy honestly is all about the experience so I don't know where you're getting at.

Eh, can you explain what you mean when you say Galaxy is all about "the experience"? Are 64 and Sunshine about "the experience" too?

I'm not saying it's a bad game. I can see why people love it actually. It's just not my personal favorite.

Well, actually, I can think of a good reason that detracts from my liking of the game. I'm not used to my 3d games being linear. I grew up with somewhat non-linear games like Super Mario 64, the Zelda 64 games, and Metroid Prime. I never really played the 2d mario games as a kid, and I never really enjoy them that much even when I played them later on.

Back