• Our software update is now concluded. You will need to reset your password to log in. In order to do this, you will have to click "Log in" in the top right corner and then "Forgot your password?".
  • Forum moderator applications are now open! Click here for details.
  • Welcome to PokéCommunity! Register now and join one of the best fan communities on the 'net to talk Pokémon and more! We are not affiliated with The Pokémon Company or Nintendo.

5th Gen Quick Questions

Status
Not open for further replies.
Years
I am in fact annoyed because no one responded to me for 5 minutes. Anyway, does this thread include opinion questions?

If not, here's an objective one:

Is the Entralink feature where one can enter the game of another player anything like the underground feature of previous games. (Having never used said feature in present.)

Yes, somewhat. You basically complete missions and interact with others while doing so. It's quite fun, you should try it!

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Be patient, we have lives too you know. In 5 minutes, I'd be readying myself some dinner to be microwaved.

What exactly do you mean by opinion questions however?
Also, if you want to know more about the Entralink, take a look at my Game Feature Guide.

The_Evil_Weavile

used Ennui
Years

Be patient, we have lives too you know. In 5 minutes, I'd be readying myself some dinner to be microwaved.

What exactly do you mean by opinion questions however?

Well, I'd like to know why Emboar was the only starter this gen to evolve into a dual-typer. Also, now that the head kahuna has passed away, do you foresee radical changes to Pokemon tradition?

Years

Well, I'd like to know why Emboar was the only starter this gen to evolve into a dual-typer. Also, now that the head kahuna has passed away, do you foresee radical changes to Pokemon tradition?

I assume Emboar was given the fighting type to symbolize the fact that it was based on a chinese soldier. I think questions like that merit threads of their own, though, I don't know for sure :x

Zelda

⍃⍍⍄ ⍃⍍⍄
Years
  • Age 8
  • +
  • Seen Sep 15, 2020
Because Nintendo decided to make it that way. u__u; Though most of the fire starters have been given that half fighting type, really.
That's moreover a discussion question, and not really Black and White specific.

Sydian

fake your death.
Years

The "head kahuna" hasn't passed away just so you know. That was a rumor.

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Oh that topic, how can I water someone's berries?

Just go to their garden and click on a berry, usually if it's blooming or sprouting, there's a chance it can be watered. If it has berries or just has been planted, you can't water it. You'll notice if you can or can't when you hover over it and the arrow changes from a pointer.~

Years
  • Seen Apr 26, 2015
how do i get a deino to learn dark pulse?
i know you have to breed it with a seviper (also ekans and arbok but i dont have them) but how to i get my seviper to learn dark pulse first?
can someone message me about this please because i probably wont be checking back on here?
thanks for anyone who helps :)

Years
how do i get a deino to learn dark pulse?
i know you have to breed it with a seviper (also ekans and arbok but i dont have them) but how to i get my seviper to learn dark pulse first?
can someone message me about this please because i probably wont be checking back on here?
thanks for anyone who helps :)

In D/P/Pt/HG/SS, you have to teach it Dark Pulse through TM. Then send it over to your B/W game. Then you can breed them. That is one way, anyway.
Don't forget that it should be a male cause only males can pass on moves.

--

Alrighty, question about the Dream World. Today was the first time the Pokémon I wished wasn't interesting enough to wake up my Igglybuff for. I normally wake my Pokémon up after every visit. If I were to befriend another Pokémon tomorrow, and then wake up my Igglybuff, will both of the befriended Pokémon be sent to the Entralink Forest?

Years
I think you have to choose one Pokemon to send back to the Entralink if you befriend more than one.

Hmm alright, but then why does the friend board say that all the Pokémon marked with a blue dot will be sent to the entralink when you wake up your Pokémon? I mean that wouldn't make sense if you could only send one Pokémon over...

Has anyone ever tried this? I think I'll try it tomorrow :p

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Which house is Brick Break in? I only know it's in Icirrus City.
The Pokemon Centre. From the old lady, or old man, someone in there is old and you get it from them. XD;

Years
What Starter should i choose?

Lately, i Google what i have to choose or use..
But in the game, i made a test to see who can wipe out the first gym leader..
RESULTS
Tepig - A fine roasted pork that makes adventure at the beginning easy.
Oshawott - I kinda like it, the move it learns earlier is cool. A Medium Adventure.
Snivy - Now the harmless plant is cute. It has a bad moveset but it's an ok Starter.

Now, i kinda like Oshawott.....
But recommendations from experts then!
Um.. so who should i choose?

Thanks..

Ho-Oh

used Sacred Fire!
Years
  • Age 31
  • Seen Jul 1, 2023
Lately, i Google what i have to choose or use..
But in the game, i made a test to see who can wipe out the first gym leader..
RESULTS
Tepig - A fine roasted pork that makes adventure at the beginning easy.
Oshawott - I kinda like it, the move it learns earlier is cool. A Medium Adventure.
Snivy - Now the harmless plant is cute. It has a bad moveset but it's an ok Starter.

Now, i kinda like Oshawott.....
But recommendations from experts then!
Um.. so who should i choose?

Thanks..

Ultimately it's up to you really. We can't really dictate how you play, and what starter you pick really depends on how you play through the game, whether you want to rush through it, spend a lot of time grinding, or using just the starter, or maybe raising 6 at once. Personally, I'd recommend Tepig but I'm no expert, I just found it easy to play through with. Though - there is reasoning for that, mainly because it's part fighting and can learn a few fighting attacks such as brick break which comes in handy against the dark/normal types that Plasma owns. Either way if you don't go for Tepig you could grab a Sawk or Throh at Pinwheel and they'll help you with Plasma. And if you do go with Snivy or Oshawott, it's just personal preference imo rather than what'll help you with the game more.

Either way, merged with quick questions for more input. :D Oh and once you've picked a starter, post what you picked in the "which starter did you choose" thread :3

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back